Strangest thing you have seen floating in the surf?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Whats the strangest thing that you have seen floating in the surf?

a human baby foetus
7%
a loaf of bread
No votes
a barbie doll
7%
a pumpkin
No votes
a dead body carcass
15%
john howard
19%
a television (still on and working)
11%
an ATM machine
11%
other- please specify
30%

Total votes: 27

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:05 pm

mate found 50 bucks at mid narra.. stoked

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:07 pm

Shaunm wrote:A chokito bar

you mean a Bondi "brown trout' aka dabomb??????????

Similar to caddyshack pool episode>>>>>>>>>> :P

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:50 pm

Jesus, i have counted 3 dead bodies :shock:

fong

Post by fong » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:52 pm

ompers...u live bansktown via liverpool.....u get 3 dead in the tuckshop line out there :lol: :shock:

dabomb

Post by dabomb » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:43 pm

fong wrote:ompers...u live bansktown via liverpool.....u get 3 dead in the tuckshop line out there :lol: :shock:
HAHAH!! thats the funniest shit ive read in a while
good one mate. :lol:

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:57 pm

Bali: I think late 1998 or early 1999 they built the road to Pulau Serangan and filled in the land to build the Turtle Island resort. And a ship came aground, right there! But I could be mistaken: the ship might have come aground a little unright there, and before the road and landfill were built. I don't know! Anyway, rights broke off its starboard side. And Peter Crawford took a couple nice shots nearby, not long before the end. I think Wayan 'Kopling' Wirtama was the surfer bottom-turning on his backhand in the shot I remember, which Peter must have shot from under the lip and which was used in a Billabong Indonesia ad placed somewhere. But shipwrecks, wow!!! I've always wanted to clamber over one and ask: What happened? Where'd everyone go?? What's going to happen now???

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:05 pm

puurri wrote:
Shaunm wrote:A chokito bar

you mean a Bondi "brown trout' aka dabomb??????????

Similar to caddyshack pool episode>>>>>>>>>> :P
Caddyshack yep, got some past the date ones and let 'em go myself, clears the water better than the bogus "SHARK!!!!!" call. Got fish them out though, coz sea creatures don't eat chocolate.

sly_shot

Post by sly_shot » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:06 pm

Maybe not the weirdest but a weird situation.

Surfing a rip bowl

Setting up a pit, snapped, waited....then the bottom drops out, I'm stalling at the bottom of the pit.

Head high wave, shallow water over a sand bar, I was looking down because it was so shallow, I didn't want to catch a rail & eat it as I was stalling.
The water was pretty clear ....I was going nowhere fast as the wave caught up.

Outside of my nose rail I saw a white plastic takeaway fork about 30cm underwater.

The fork was sucked up underneath my board as I was holding my position in the pit & watched it get thrown over the top of me in the lip.

Boring but true story...no forking joke!

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:15 pm

fong wrote:ompers...u live bansktown via liverpool.....u get 3 dead in the tuckshop line out there :lol: :shock:
i can't think of a comeback :!:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:43 pm

dead 3ft turtle in ENGLAND !!

turds in line up in england.

pantyliners at bells.

dead BLUE pig in bali. (about to explode!)

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:49 am

Three dead bodies but no tales of mystery and imagination: a poor show!

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:59 am

a dead seal at DY years ago, a big sea turtle bitten in half in PNG, and a wild assortment of stuff that had been flushed (before the ocean outfalls were done) when those b***** sewerage workers regularly went on strike..

wasn't it at Burleigh a long time ago when some assumed 'drug money' that had been tossed, washed ashore...wads and wads of cash....i'm talking tens of thousands, has washed in and the people nearby had an absolute field day..??

daryl
Huey's Right Hand

Post by daryl » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:01 am

a torch light ina bubble - thought it was extinct kind of natural electric bluebottle but since been told fishermen send out these lights in a plastic bubble

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:09 am

was in kanapalli maui, rough onshore surf, and i looked out to sea and saw some kind of object. swam over and found it was a kite surf board. there wasn't anybody out so i had no idea where the owner was. i looked closer, and saw two human feet wedged in the straps, shawn off at the ankles.

there may not have been any feet it in

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 am

macca202 wrote:was in kanapalli maui, rough onshore surf, and i looked out to sea and saw some kind of object. swam over and found it was a kite surf board. there wasn't anybody out so i had no idea where the owner was. i looked closer, and saw two human feet wedged in the straps, shawn off at the ankles.

So what did you do next ? Report it? Keep it? Piss off ?

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:47 am

chrisb wrote:
macca202 wrote:was in kanapalli maui, rough onshore surf, and i looked out to sea and saw some kind of object. swam over and found it was a kite surf board. there wasn't anybody out so i had no idea where the owner was. i looked closer, and saw two human feet wedged in the straps, shawn off at the ankles.

So what did you do next ? Report it? Keep it? Piss off ?
it had gotten swept out by the rip marked by those red bouys (for anyone that's been there) and i waved it around and some guy on the shore paddled out on a surfboard and got it off me.
sux cos i thought i had scored

bman65
Grommet

Post by bman65 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Out at Queeny after the lagoon had opened...
A couch floated past me!!
Felt tired from paddling in the rip so I took a seat....

Another time big swells all week, again at Queeny... The Shark net was washed all the way in and I was kind of trapped. Had to duckdive or would have copped a lip in the head, only to come up stuck in the net whilst still underwater! Scared the shit outta me. I now have a new respect for what dolphins and other sea life go through!!

NCP
Grommet

Post by NCP » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:15 pm

One Mile Point wrote:Jesus, i have counted 3 dead bodies :shock:
Make that 4. One washed up at Curly a few years ago, it was a rock fisherman. Pretty gross. But really finding a body isn't that wierd, unfortunate as it may seem.

As for wierd, this didn't happen to me, but my brother was at the beach for school sport, and found 50 bucks floating. Shortly after, he found another. By the end of school sport, a few hundred dollars was found all up by a few different people. The teachers made them report it to the cops, but no-one claimed it, so they got to keep the money. Not sure how much they found exactly, but there must have been more that they didn't find, too. Wierd!