Surfing Buddy Required - of the female persuasion

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Pixie
Supporter
Supporter

Surfing Buddy Required - of the female persuasion

Post by Pixie » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Here's the thing.......... despite what others have told me, surfing is NOT like riding a bike / falling off a log etc etc

A few months back I had my first little bubs, and ever since I've been chomping at the bit to get back into the water. However, after a couple of dodgy starts I've decided that I need someone to go with to a) motivate me to get out there and b) to make sure I don't kill myself.

Let me explain........ I am horribly accident prone while surfing, and to add to that have regressed from a good beginner to a ...... well I can't even describe it. I'm scared that if I go out on my own I'll whack myself in the head with the board and never be seen again.

So are there any other chicks/ladies/girls out there who are also learning and is keen to get out once or twice a week with a likeminded female...?

I would prefer to surf Freshie, but am reasonably flexible - one morning a week (ie 6am) and one w'end morning.

So how bout it..........? :?:

fong

Post by fong » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:24 am

oh
Last edited by fong on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:29 am

smoother than a bottle of 12yr old single malt there Fongster :lol:

snakes

Nappy
Local

Post by Nappy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:58 pm

U sound really genuine Pixie, Im in SA and a bloke tho but.............. id recommend join ur local girls board rider club (u ll find girl clubs lot more laxed than mens (IE they happy to take begginers-intermediates)

Or possible attend some of those "girls learn to surf days" there free generally.

Good luck and get back in the water soon.

fong

Re: Surfing Buddy Required - of the female persuasion

Post by fong » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Pixie wrote:I'll whack myself
:shock:
Last edited by fong on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:53 pm

snakes wrote:smoother than a bottle of 12yr old single malt there Fongster :lol:

snakes
what you going on talkin bout smooth single 12 yr olds.
put a leash on ya snake.

puurri
Owl status

Post by puurri » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:09 pm

fong wrote:oh pixie :lol: so many worthwhile quotes in one postin :lol:

so who's gonna help a freshie girl :?: lets face it....oz surfin started there...with a black guy and a white girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eh Fong,

We know the historical reality with Tanna and the others but!!!

They need coaching abt reality. Softly, softly.
:wink:

FishStick
Local

Post by FishStick » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:25 pm

You have nothing to worry about, you will never surf freshie alone. The only chance you will ever have of surfing the place alone is when it's maxed out and the whole bay is a whitewashed.

betty boop
regular

Post by betty boop » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:28 pm

i'd love to help,but I am due in 4 weeks. Freshwater would be great, or curl curl.

Give me a few months to get the baby sleeping a few hours extra and I'll abandon my husband with the tribe and would love to have a surf buddy.

my current surf mate has moved to hobart for 2 yrs

betty boop

Pixie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Pixie » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:10 am

Hey there Bet's

All the best with the impending arrival. Such an awesome experience (the drugs that is - not the delivery...!) (JOKING) (well kinda)

Let me know when your back in action - would love to head out with you. And no doubt we can do some multitasking and share some bubby tips while we're out there.

Good luck..... :D

Longygrom
barnacle

Re: Surfing Buddy Required - of the female persuasion

Post by Longygrom » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:08 am

Pixie wrote:Here's the thing.......... despite what others have told me, surfing is NOT like riding a bike / falling off a log etc etc

A few months back I had my first little bubs, and ever since I've been chomping at the bit to get back into the water. However, after a couple of dodgy starts I've decided that I need someone to go with to a) motivate me to get out there and b) to make sure I don't kill myself.

Let me explain........ I am horribly accident prone while surfing, and to add to that have regressed from a good beginner to a ...... well I can't even describe it. I'm scared that if I go out on my own I'll whack myself in the head with the board and never be seen again.

So are there any other chicks/ladies/girls out there who are also learning and is keen to get out once or twice a week with a likeminded female...?

I would prefer to surf Freshie, but am reasonably flexible - one morning a week (ie 6am) and one w'end morning.

So how bout it..........? :?:
Join the northern beaches surfing club. the exact name escapes me but research some combos in google and ull find the site

SuRf_CHiK_KT
Grommet

Post by SuRf_CHiK_KT » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:34 pm

hey yea im only beginning, i surf at collaroy dee why and long reef tho and im only 14. i no exactly how u feel id neva go out by myself im so worried im gana hurt myself. same with my mum lol. except the noly people i no that can surf r guys and well id rather have a girl with me, just feel more comfortable. but yea i would come with u if u need the encouragement sure!