Nice swell, shame about the banks!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

barstardos
charger

Nice swell, shame about the banks!

Post by barstardos » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 am

Tragic to see such good lines out of the ENE go to waste.
Could have been epic at the local for the early - but it wasnt!!

longbum
Local

Post by longbum » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:57 am

was down here :wink:

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 pm

was shit
munch wrote:
bondiboarder wrote:Im gonna board til im in a wheel chair
why don't you continue on after that, I mean it really doesn't matter does it, if your a cripple or not :?

thats pretty funn i must admit

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Re: Nice swell, shame about the banks!

Post by One Mile Point » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:43 pm

barstardos wrote:Tragic to see such good lines out of the ENE go to waste.
Could have been epic at the local for the early - but it wasnt!!
boxy banks were quite good with the early offshore :)

iliketoboogy
regular

Post by iliketoboogy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:56 pm

Mid morning was ok just closeouts but

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:20 am

Late arvo surf at Warriewood from 6-8pm saw many a closeout seperated by some very thick walling monsters from the middle of the beach north. Staying in the same posi was almost impossible as the rips & sweeps kept pushing you out & south towards the rocks.

By the end of my 3rd wave, the wetsuit & ears were both full of sand, but for the waves on offer it was worth the inconveinience. Conditions ranged from 2ft slappers up to 6-7ft faces that were just unrideable. This was due to the impending low tide that was draining out the banks to near empty resulting in the risk of hitting the bottom hard if you got caught inside one of these beasts without using the emergency eject out the back feature.By 7pm, the lineup had emptied, so I positioned myself anywhere from halfway up the beach through to in front of the big headland (cooksies) waiting for the preferred walling / barreling rides compared to the majority of closeouts.

I managed to sneak a few decent waves, picking them was harder than riding them I found. Returned to car 2 hours later feeling very much relaxed (albeit a touch sore after hitting the bottom hard on a few occassions). If you're looking for a wave tommorow morning, it might still be on.

snakes

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:53 am

Conditions this morning were almost perfect. Swell still hanging in there but banks were still crap. last night on sunset was better as the rip was setting up some screaming lefts but back to 98% straight this morning

grazza
Local

Post by grazza » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 am

barstardos wrote:Conditions this morning were almost perfect. Swell still hanging in there but banks were still crap. last night on sunset was better as the rip was setting up some screaming lefts but back to 98% straight this morning
Barstardos, we must have shared a sesh this AM.

I paddled out at about 7:30 at said local. Yes, the banks were kinda straight, but every now and and again one would just peak a bit and reel off in sand sucking shallowness right or left. Swell had 3-4 foot pulses every 10-15 minutes, quite grunty.

By some strange vortex of weirdness, there were only one other guy in the water on my peak, maybe eight between the pipe and the pool. This on a beach where the usual AM crew numbers well into the hundreds. It was sunny, it was offshore, it was barrelling (albeit closing out mostly), and I've got my pick. A minor miracle, I think.

breaks
Grommet

Post by breaks » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:38 am

AWESOME last night with lefts and rights :D . Fairly full take-offs but rights hitting the inside bank at speed setting up perfect close-out high octane barrels :shock: .

millions of blueys though :(

somewhere in sydney we have a superbank of our own ....

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:43 pm

Yeah well it's not out the bloody Peak I can tell you that.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:Yeah well it's not out the bloody Peak I can tell you that.
The quality of your recent posts have been down a little Nick old son. Bit of anger in them....

Take two 6 foot barrels and see me in the morning. :wink:
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

savesealrocks
barnacle

Post by savesealrocks » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:19 pm

dont you just have to love points. none of these problems. had a hell fun surf at boomerang smornin. 3-4 dudes out. :lol: newayz im offto f#ckin work.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:34 pm

Dae wrote:
The quality of your recent posts have been down a little Nick old son. Bit of anger in them....

Ahhh you must be missing the underlying Rueful Wit.

As for the six foot barrels ... OK! OK!! Where are they?? Probably at Johnno's house.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:41 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Dae wrote:

Ahhh you must be missing the underlying Rueful Wit.

As for the six foot barrels ... OK! OK!! Where are they?? Probably at Johnno's house.
We knocked Johnno out with a tranquiliser dart a little earlier today when he made a "rare" excursion for a "massage" and placed a gps tracker on him. Set him free and we should be getting some coordinates soon.
offshore1 wrote:^^^I don't think anyone really cares [about boogie boarders] anymore Dae.
\none left on the forum.

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:43 pm

Oh while we're talking about crap conditions. Spent 45 minutes in the surf today - 3 crap waves and 3 blue bottle stings. Wasn't too happy with the stats so headed in :arrow:
\none left on the forum.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:11 pm

savesealrocks wrote:dont you just have to love points. none of these problems. had a hell fun surf at boomerang smornin. 3-4 dudes out. :lol: newayz im offto f#ckin work.
I say nothing ...................... :D
Nick Carroll wrote:As for the six foot barrels ... OK! OK!! Where are they?? Probably at Johnno's house.
I say nothing ...................... except not quite that big but ............. :D :lol:

Dingus
Owl status

Post by Dingus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:36 pm

OK data is in from Johhnos GPS tracker implant. Some very interesting results it seems......

\none left on the forum.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:55 pm

Arrrrrrr. Huston we have a problem ........................ :lol:

Missed by that much ..... :arrow:

How much you ask !!!!!! .............. :lol:

This much .............................. :arrow:
:arrow: :lol: :lol: