Surfboard Storage

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

richardl

Surfboard Storage

Post by richardl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:50 pm

What is the ideal temperature to store boards?
Will lying flat in covers on top of each other have any impact on the shape?

fong

Post by fong » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:24 pm

interestin question :lol: :arrow: i'll guess u talkin about fibreglass not boogies :?

i' don't think staking boards on top will do any harm....as far as temp goes...well if it's brandnew board....warm is ideal :?

personaltly ( or howeva u spell it...sorry lambchops ,vandal and larry)

i like to store my boards off the floor :lol:

now why do u ask :?:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:34 pm

Walk in freezer set at no higher that -15.75c .................. :wink: :lol:

p.s munch ( spell check) & Risky Ric (grammar) ......... thanks :lol:

richardl

Post by richardl » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:56 am

have recently created an attic and worried it might get a bit hot up there for them.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:59 am

Keep them out of the sun and as far away from high temperatures as possible.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:11 pm

the storage conneisseur can purchase a humidified cabinet (glass door optional) whereby all climactic influences are rendered helpless against your precious quiver...

retails for only $2,995.95 and can double as storage for your collection of grange !

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:41 pm

fong wrote:interestin question :lol: :arrow: i'll guess u talkin about fibreglass not boogies :?

i' don't think staking boards on top will do any harm....as far as temp goes...well if it's brandnew board....warm is ideal :?

personaltly ( or howeva u spell it...sorry lambchops ,vandal and larry)

i like to store my boards off the floor :lol:

now why do u ask :?:
Fong you dong, the topic is ‘storing surfboards’, not boogies. :roll:
‘Personality’, you have more than enough for all of us 8) personally, I think you are just a trouble maker :lol:
You store your boards off the floor so you don’t trip over them when you come home with a skin full from the RSL. On the ceiling, interspaced with the mirrors in the bedroom I’m thinking. :shock: :wink:
johnno wrote:p.s munch ( spell check) & Risky Ric (grammar) ......... thanks
Munch can’t spell to save his life, and leave my granmuvver out of it... :arrow:

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:52 pm

tootr wrote:...as storage for your collection of grange !
I ain’t puttin’ my Grange in no fancy coolin’ device... lying down quietly in a cool dark place, never to be consumed... anyone want to buy an ’87 vintage (Bin 95):?:

Can’t bring myself to drink a bottle of wine that retails for $450! :shock:

fong

Post by fong » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:54 pm

ric_vidal wrote:Munch can’t spell to save his life, and leave my granmuvver out of it... :arrow:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: birds a feather...... :wink: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:10 am

ric_vidal wrote:
tootr wrote:...as storage for your collection of grange !
I ain’t puttin’ my Grange in no fancy coolin’ device... lying down quietly in a cool dark place, never to be consumed... anyone want to buy an ’87 vintage (Bin 95):?:

Can’t bring myself to drink a bottle of wine that retails for $450! :shock:
my dad got a few bottles of really expensive old grange from his dad that he had been keeping for years and years. we decided to celebrate and open up one, and it had turned to shit, it tasted like vinegar and battery acid. you should have seen grandpa's face! i reckon unless those old bottles of grange have been immaculately looked after, eople are buying and selling $300 bottles of battery acid.

as for boards, do you reckon tieing all your boards down on the roof of your car on say a 6hr car trip would warp the rocker?

munch
Harry the Hat

Post by munch » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:40 pm

fong wrote:
ric_vidal wrote:Munch can’t spell to save his life, and leave my granmuvver out of it... :arrow:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: birds a feather...... :wink: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Geeze youse too gals can't you leave me out of anything :x :?

p.s I'd think the best place to store em is in salt water .... I got the stats on this somewhere about salinity/temp and the best place from memory is Coffs Harbour :shock:
If it's well engineered it's beautiful .

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:37 pm

I was just wondering the sarvo do you think boards in a good board cover get hotter on the roof of the car on a really hot day or in the car?
Obviously the temps higher inside but the sun isn't beating down on the cover so maybe it stays insulated :roll:
Waddayareckon?

mad
charger

Post by mad » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:36 pm

Personal experience BP, I warped the crap out of a board leaving it in the back of the station wagon on a hot day.

Remember watching a Mythbusters program and the temperature difference between the inside and outside of a car on a hot day is fairly substantial. The outside stays influenced by the ambient temp, but the inside acts like an oven and keeps getting hotter.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:29 pm

mad wrote:Personal experience BP, I warped the crap out of a board leaving it in the back of the station wagon on a hot day
I’ve certainly scorched a few in my car, but it is generally only the extremities where the sun can get directly onto them and the foam has usually been more shaped, so shrinkage can be a problem. Bit like cold water and your bits... :?