"locals only"... pfft

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

goldfish
Grommet

"locals only"... pfft

Post by goldfish » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:50 pm

we hear about it all the time, but seriously, how gay is localism, at turrimetta there is a new sign saying "locals only"..
seriously who are these so called locals? the lucky few who live on narrabeen park parade or those who trek out most days for a surf. random. dont know why they wouldnt just save their spray paint, there's always different people out there.
think that the sign is new cus i didnt notice it yesterday.

chris_010
Local

Post by chris_010 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:59 pm

take it down if it bothers ya :!:

locallad
Grommet

Post by locallad » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:09 pm

Yar obviously a kook, so why dontcha just go back to fgarkin mona vale, the closest beach to fgarkin st ives where yar come from. and take yar X5 with yar, egghead.

go home.

vonie
regular

Post by vonie » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:28 pm

locallad wrote:Yar obviously a kook, so why dontcha just go back to fgarkin mona vale, the closest beach to fgarkin st ives where yar come from. and take yar X5 with yar, egghead.

go home.
Still got that "brown shirt" on I see.

Go give KK another blow job... you know you want to... Biatch
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:06 pm

Why so many "localism posts"?
All these newbies aren't new to surfing I take it?
Never confuse ambition with ability

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:40 pm

locallad wrote:Yar obviously a kook, so why dontcha just go back to fgarkin mona vale, the closest beach to fgarkin st ives where yar come from. and take yar X5 with yar, egghead.

go home.
ive seen 2 of ur posts and i already hate ya for fucks sake u could do fark instead of fgark and dont get me started on ur bogan style writing. 20 bucks says ur a dee why local or north narra local u damn inbred

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:42 pm

go home.
Don't you go changin :lol: :lol: :lol:

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:43 pm

chris_010 wrote:take it down if it bothers ya :!:
exactly.

it's just kids who spray paint stuff like that. means nothing get over it

Mr_momo_32
Local

Re: "locals only"... pfft

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:50 pm

goldfish wrote: how gay is localism.
how gay are you?

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:08 am

go home.
After reading your posts Im a step closer to understanding why some parents smother thier children!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JaxonB
regular

Post by JaxonB » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:13 am

yea the graffity is new, seen it today, just stupid if u ask me, ill bet it was someone who isnt local who wrote it as well.

reggie

Post by reggie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 am

how does get over it sound

too many people whinging about shit on here now

Longygrom
barnacle

Re: "locals only"... pfft

Post by Longygrom » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:38 pm

goldfish wrote:we hear about it all the time, but seriously, how gay is localism, at turrimetta there is a new sign saying "locals only"..
seriously who are these so called locals? the lucky few who live on narrabeen park parade or those who trek out most days for a surf. random. dont know why they wouldnt just save their spray paint, there's always different people out there.
think that the sign is new cus i didnt notice it yesterday.

Your only pissed off cause' u are not accepted or can not gain priority in any lineup!

Its all the blow ins or kooks that complain about localism and how bad it is- but then you have all of your decent surfers and 'locals' ( which may or may not live near that beach or any beach)-but have surfed there and are a known identity in the lineup over the years.

any experienced surfer will know that there is a pecking order at most breaks-and if you dont know or cant understand it-your obviously one of the inexperienced or less skilled.

me
Grommet

Post by me » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:58 pm

All this localism is fine. But i think that you should make sure you can surf at a decent level before you start making calls for others to go home. Ie was at monavale and heard someone tell a 'non local' to go in next wave he put his fins through the back 3 times and finished off with a reverse and not another word was said to him..pretty weak if you ask me

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:01 pm

Localism on a sunday in Sydney what a laugh.
I would also hope true locals wouldn't vandalise their coast with spray cans whether you live there or just go their alot. Just enjoy the surroundings you could be living in a lot worser place.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:37 pm

i surf turrimetta heaps with my bro, his mates n one of their brothers n we noticed the sign about a week/2 weeks ago. Didn't really bother us at all. Sure we're not locals to the place if what you call local is living there, but we surf there probably just as much as any "local". So to us that sign was just a laugh. It's probably just those 12 year old bodyboarders u see out there a lot of the time... and no i'm not taking sides, i'm a bodyboarder myself n all the people i surf with are standups, but i'm sure if you surf turrimetta enough u'd know of the young bodyboarders you see there..

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Can all you hardcore locals in sydney make sure you stay right where you are and don't move......ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:06 pm

I witnessed this bloke at a beach about 5 kms north from here absolutely abuse the shit out of this kid who got in his way. This bloke was about mid forties riding a long board and was an absolute kook himself but that didnt stop him carrying on like a complete f#ckwit. A few months later he's down our way and he was a completly different person. Nice as pie.
I agree that if you are going to surf any break of repute then be able to surf and be low key. As for being a f#ckwit loud mouth "local" then thats an even worse look. Remmember that when you leave your local breakto surf somewhere else.