Hello from Byron

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

fletch
regular

Hello from Byron

Post by fletch » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:34 pm

lol

hello dudes, hope you're all enjoying work. :)

Just had a session out at the wreck. Been surfin a little secret spot near South West Rocks over the last few days and tomorrow we go to Tweed Heads. Hoping to catch some of the finals of the ASP on the weekend.

Surf is pretty small here atm but alot of fun.

At this spot just outside of South West Rocks the locals were showing me the place to jump of the rocks. There was just the 3 of us out on very nice 4 to 5 foot sets. One of them asked me how many people would be riding a wave like that in Sydney? I said about 20.

I'm not looking forward to returning to the city I must admit.

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:27 pm

One of them asked me how many people would be riding a wave like that in Sydney? I said about 20.
geez, only 20? - where is this Sydney spot?

Anyway, thanks for rubbing it in!!! Here's wishing you onshore winds and dribble for the rest of the trip as punishment!! Actually I'll retract that - that would be pretty harsh ...

Dave
regular
Location: Central coast, out the back, 6 foot and glassy, no crowds

Post by Dave » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:37 pm

I love surf road trips. 8) Have a wave for me...

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:03 pm

You can do me a favour and go and have a nice cold schooner at the end of the day at the Railway Friendly Bar for me ta,

spotty
Local

Byron reeks!

Post by spotty » Sat Mar 13, 2004 7:41 am

The last time i was in Byron i nearly had a f@rk'n meltdown from the crowd situation. I surfed the Pass for the first time in 15 years and got smoked on nearly every wave. Dropped in on, not by local groms,but by every kook in the bay that day who could find a surfboard. I got dropped in by mothers, children, Swedes, ferals, local "legends",and other assorted flotsom. All i wanted to do that afternoon was violently assault everyone in Byron. That would have been very uncool, so i went 30k's south and surfed southwall with 4 other guys and wondered what the fudge i was thinking.I will never set foot in Byron again,it used to be such a nice town, now it is f@rked beyond recognition. :evil:

WIDG
Grommet

Post by WIDG » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:10 am

Kick back at the Railway Hotel enjoy a coldie for me as well, The Railway must be the most relaxing place in the whole of Byron, especially when they get the Jazz bands playing up there. I was a bit dissappointed when last time I went up there they didn't have the "Teriyaki Burgers" on the menu - Geez I loved them after a day of surfing.

Yeah, as for the surf, it goes off, when you can get a wave to yourself, just gotta go when the crowd doesn't, there's plenty of waves out of town. The crowd factor reminds me of Noosa, when a wave is on the crew seem to drop out of the trees, come from under rocks and travel for miles.

joshalohasurf

Post by joshalohasurf » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:07 am

just back from byron and the waves were pretty shithouse but then i drove down to pub insides at lennox just me (a grom) and heaps of other groms and chicks with good waves. that was the best session of my life.