back from cresent

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

dammit__01
Owl status

back from cresent

Post by dammit__01 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:54 pm

back from holis was pretty good only had 3 good surfs tho but thats pretty good 3 in 7 days instead of usual conditions down here 1 in 180 days. southerly swell didnt help the point to much still was good but so many kooks dropping in :lol: altho surf apparently was good down here

over all holiday was alrite considering strong ass winds and only 2 days of real decent surf

some other guy went up i wanna kno how he found it? where eva u are?

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:18 pm

How are the road works going on the Plomer road? I was there in August and the council blokes were grading it and said it was going to be tarred to Delicate.

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:03 am

was there a month back. tarred a lot more. get past Delicate though ad it descends to its crazy suspension jarring self pretty quick

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:55 am

The only good thing about the road being sealed is it might help diperse the crowds a bit but I dont think its going any further than Delicate

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:58 am

still crappy word around town is the locals dont want it done and this is delaying the council. drove around there tho and the beaches wernt that great accept there was a place called rancho relaxo :lol: and stayed a night in port mac and it wasnt great at all sloppy conditions all round

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:57 am

I drove out there twice last year.
First time it was just graded up to racecourse. Hit the corrugations before plummer about the same time I passed this old geeza in a huge 4x4. He was coming from Port I guess and he was towing a huge power boat :D The road was shaking the shit out of it and he had a very distressed look on his face :lol: :lol: :lol:

Second time it was tarred to racetrack and there were a couple of tourist coaches coming through :shock:

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:02 pm

When I was there the surf schools were running at Plomer which made for a not so relaxing session on the mal as the backpackers had no idea about wave priority which is understandable.
This ought to be the first thing they teach them in these surf schools.

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:04 pm

had the exact same problem a few weeks back! they got no idea, and all the instructors seemed keen on was tuning the girls and showing off their skills.

theboat
charger

Post by theboat » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:26 pm

Yeah I just got back the other day too.

Pretty good fun, had two alright sessions at point and heaps just round the corner at backy, but both were insanely crowded. Had one excellent session down at Back Plomer (3-4ft), but never repeated.

I hear it's going pretty good now, esp. down beach and at Delicate- so if anyone is heading up apparently that's what's doing.

Regardless of the waves, it's always good fun- I'll be up again in a month or so when the holidayers start to disperse.

As for the whole road thing---- the locals don't want it done as it will attract more interest in the area and it will lose it's 'coastal village charm' (a strange problem considering the town practically lives on tourism). Regardless, the large fuss they have made about it has in fact attracted more attention than the road would have itself. People hear about this road being protected and thing....gee I wonder what is so worthy of protection- might go check it out.

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:38 pm

The problem we had with the surf schools was that the pupils could speak very little english. As for the locals concern that the road may generate too much interest in the area I reckon thats long gone . Everyone knows about Crescent and everyone knows that when the point starts up its a shitfight. I heard that the road will only be sealed as far as Delicate Nobby.The south coast in Autumn/Winter is a better option . Having said that I'm taking the family to Yamba in March out of school holidays so there is hope.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:38 pm

Looking for a bit of aggro there Principal?
I'd be skipping the old Anga if you think Crescent is cut throat these days.
It seems everyone goes to the same places at the same time and surprise, surprise its full of tourists :shock:

sean--
barnacle

Post by sean-- » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:55 am

I never go looking for aggro.Weve got freinds up there we do a house swap with. I havent surfed there for about 5 years but havent had any dramas at Anga. I certainly wont be riding a mal out there anyway.March should be ok and there is plenty of other breaks there apart from the point.

bradad

Post by bradad » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Quite a few of the locals at crescent are caught in a time warp. I remember getting my first thruster and standing on the rocks at the point waiting for a lull when a group of them were in the take-off area and one called out "hey mate - got enough fins on your board" and the others pi$$ing themselves.

If there's a good south/south east swell, don't write off Trial Bay. I've seen classic surf there wrapping around the point and into the bay. There's also a place further up the beach which I call one tree 'cause you line up the take off area using a dead tree that stands out from the greenery around it. Good banks most of the time and only five or so minutes' walk up the beach.