Today's (30/11) Front Page Poll - Drugs

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:48 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
oldman wrote:Nick, I've read afew of these histories and theories on Shakespeare, and I was fairly confident that snakes was taking the piss nominating Ben Franklin and Francis Bacon as the real writers. He sort of got you there I think. Now if he had said Marlowe .......
Oh dear, he did, didn't he. Now I'm swinging in the wind eh.

Think I'll go for a surf, even though it's totally f**ked.
Hey Nick, no, actually I wasn't taking the piss hey.

Who looks like the knobwrench now :lol:

I really did read somewhere that Shakespeare was plagarised, I can't remember where or who though - I'll have to do a search & look it up for you :)

snakes

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:58 pm

So basically you're blowing smoke out your arse, snakes.

Pretty much the only person that is seriously considered to have possibly written shakespeare's work is Marlowe. No one else. Not Bacon, not Foucault, and not Dr Seuss.

And even Marlowe is in doubt. The facts are thus:

a) we don't really know much about shakespeare the man
b) the works are great pieces of art regardless who wrote them
c) it's highly unlikely that whoever Shakespeare actually was wrote those works while high on the sort of mind altering chemicals you seem to think are required to produce anything truly creative.

Here's the gen: creativity is about hard work. and there are no shortcuts.

barney

Post by barney » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:25 am

champ5876 wrote:what a pathetic topic this isnt even worth wasting your time reading
someone was coming down....

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:27 pm

collnarra wrote:So basically you're blowing smoke out your arse, snakes.
No, not really. You however, have proven that you aren't capable of rational thinking. Again.

Here's the article that I was referring to.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0900ente ... _page.html

Pretty much the only person that is seriously considered to have possibly written shakespeare's work is Marlowe.
Well, just for you, here's your Marlowe link :lol:

http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/marlowe.htm

No one else. Not Bacon, not Foucault, and not Dr Seuss.

And even Marlowe is in doubt.
Oh really?

You remember those things in your brain called synapses. You really should fire them up sometime. Start by reading some Dr Suess - it'll do you the world of good.

The facts are thus:

c) it's highly unlikely that whoever Shakespeare actually was wrote those works while high on the sort of mind altering chemicals you seem to think are required to produce anything truly creative.
a) The only comment you have made that stands up. :o
b) Wow, that must have been a difficult conclusion to arrive at. Thanks Captain Bleeding Obvious.
c) Please don't make statements that don't reflect exactly what I said and make you appear to know nothing about the topic at hand.
Dude, you really should stop posting comments that make you look like an fool. You're only embarrassing yourself.

snakes

vagrant

Post by vagrant » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:17 pm

I find it quite amusing that in one thread a range of people are debating the creative aspects of illicit substance consumption and the chance that not all of Shakespeares work were his own, whilst in another thread people are trying to co-ordinate a brawl at the beach. What a vibrant diverse world realsurf is....

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: francis bacon

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 pm

puurri wrote:Ohhhhh Neeek, Neeek!!

There 2 Francis Bacons. First was Shakespearean contemporary, 2nd was 20 century visual artist.
Yeah but no but yeah but no but...only the second one was a Sir.

And snakes leave that Google thing alone, it's responsible for many an instant expert, and it will Betray you like a f**ken politician when you least expect it.

Read! I say read the man himself! You will love it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:27 pm

smnmntl wrote:Most Renaissance drama companies were highly collaborative. The playwright handed over the script to the actors, and the actors changed the dialogue to suit their style, and there was lots of tweaking of the plot.
Yeah like I said ... just like Hollywood. :lol:

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 pm

ok, what can i say,

im not the only guy i know thats f*cked up on drugs and had voices in my head from drug induced paranoia.

spent a whole summer on acid, prior to living in oz, had worst 6 months of my life. 3 months of councelling, severe depression, and couldnt smoke the herb without tripping out. had to give it all up, now i dont go near drugs. in retrospect i would advise anyone not to go there.

its never clean cut unless you f*ck up or get busted.

my 5 cents worth.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:55 pm

snakes wrote:
collnarra wrote:So basically you're blowing smoke out your arse, snakes.
No, not really. You however, have proven that you aren't capable of rational thinking. Again.

Here's the article that I was referring to.

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0900ente ... _page.html

Pretty much the only person that is seriously considered to have possibly written shakespeare's work is Marlowe.
Well, just for you, here's your Marlowe link :lol:

http://www.luminarium.org/renlit/marlowe.htm

No one else. Not Bacon, not Foucault, and not Dr Seuss.

And even Marlowe is in doubt.
Oh really?

You remember those things in your brain called synapses. You really should fire them up sometime. Start by reading some Dr Suess - it'll do you the world of good.

The facts are thus:

a) The only comment you have made that stands up. :o
b) Wow, that must have been a difficult conclusion to arrive at. Thanks Captain Bleeding Obvious.
c) Please don't make statements that don't reflect exactly what I said and make you appear to know nothing about the topic at hand.
Dude, you really should stop posting comments that make you look like an fool. You're only embarrassing yourself.

snakes
Hi Snakes,

It's a pity you haven't managed to make a rational argument in all of that. Simply saying "nyah nyah, here's a google link," ain't good enough for me. And no, I can't be bothered reading your dinky links.

In any case, have a great xmas. I'm tired of the fools, the instapundits, the racists, the rednecks and the rest.

So I'm signing off until January. Try and spend some time with other people, internet folk. It balances the humours.

Col.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:23 pm

collnarra wrote:Hi Snakes,

It's a pity you haven't managed to make a rational argument in all of that. Simply saying "nyah nyah, here's a google link," ain't good enough for me. And no, I can't be bothered reading your dinky links.
Don't blame me if you want to bury your head in the sand. Hey, I was the one who did justify their argument, you however were the one spouting whatever came into your head at the time, remember.

In any case, have a great xmas. I'm tired of the fools, the instapundits, the racists, the rednecks and the rest.
I'm sure I will have a great xmas as its also my birthday & I am taking hold of a new car tommorow. Hopefully there will be some waves to be found over the new year as well. That would be just tops 8)

So I'm signing off until January. Try and spend some time with other people, internet folk. It balances the humours.

Col.
I find that (most) people shit me & I feel more comfortable spending time with just myself & the waves. After having a shit year being ripped off by "so called mates" & then the (now ex) girlfriend going kelloggs fruit loops. I plan to be hitting the water over the summer at every available opportunity. (Watch out Wanto :D )

Cheers
Snakes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:28 pm

snakes wrote: I find that (most) people shit me & I feel more comfortable spending time with just myself & the waves. After having a shit year being ripped off by "so called mates" & then the (now ex) girlfriend going kelloggs fruit loops. I plan to be hitting the water over the summer at every available opportunity. (Watch out Wanto :D )

Cheers
Snakes
hey snakes, I was chatting to a girl on the beach today, and quite an attractive girl she was too, and she told me there's a new moon on New Year's Eve ... for the first time in yonks ... and that it would bring good fortune to new beginnings ...

so hope you have a better 2006 than 2005.x

And I'm outa here too, I've got to go and get horribly shacked in gigantic North Pacific spitting barrels in order to write stories about it. This is where all those witless hours in front of a computer pay off. See ya's all later!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:05 pm

Nick Carroll wrote: hey snakes, I was chatting to a girl on the beach today, and quite an attractive girl she was too, and she told me there's a new moon on New Year's Eve ... for the first time in yonks ... and that it would bring good fortune to new beginnings ...

And I'm outa here too, I've got to go and get horribly shacked in gigantic North Pacific spitting barrels in order to write stories about it. This is where all those witless hours in front of a computer pay off. See ya's all later!
you were deadset in. thats secret code for 'do you wanna make hot steamy love with me on new years eve under the moonlight in an enchanted forst'
sheeesh :lol:

enjoy your trip. i'll be down at falls festival for new years, and doubt very much im going to be noticing any full moons.... Image

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 am

Nick Carroll wrote:hey snakes, I was chatting to a girl on the beach today, and quite an attractive girl she was too, and she told me there's a new moon on New Year's Eve ... for the first time in yonks ... and that it would bring good fortune to new beginnings ...

Thanks mate, hope you have a great 2006 as well :D

Sounds like you won't be suffering from a lack of creativity this summer (winter where you will be) :lol:

snakes

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:07 pm

Hey Nick, no, actually I wasn't taking the piss hey.

Who looks like the knobwrench now Laughing
OK, I would say that would be me! I had assumed that your guesses were so far off the mark it had to be deliberate, and that Nick had taken a bait.

The beauty of the internet forum. I assume you are all very clever until you prove to me otherwise. Speaking of which, here is another macca202 classic.
you were deadset in. thats secret code for 'do you wanna make hot steamy love with me on new years eve under the moonlight in an enchanted forst'
sheeesh
So Macca is giving men's advice to Nick Carroll!

Where are my drugs.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:59 am

macca202 wrote: and doubt very much im going to be noticing any full moons.... Image
Don't take any astronomy advice from macca, either. New moon, macs :lol: