Today's (30/11) Front Page Poll - Drugs

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

boog22
Grommet

Post by boog22 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:48 pm

its pretty obvious that people who are against doing drugs, or other people doing them are just afraid...

afraid of what might happen to them, what other people might think about them and what they have been feed by governement, e.g Recent Anti drugs advertising campaign..

seriously all drugs can be taking in moderation, except some people do not have the ability to say no when they have had enough, but these type of people would more than likely fall on the government taxed alcohol or pokies if it werent for illicit substances.... even herion can be done in moderation...

if you do not want to try them then thats fine, but by preaching about how bad they are for you without expriencing them first hand is just ignorant.. so if you dont want to take then FINE.... but your wasting your time and making yourself look stupid trying at the sametime trying to convince the average recreational drug user otherwise..

and why only have surfing as the only form of being high, when you can have both!

//Surfer walks into room after a epic session with a naked hottie demanding sex.

Surfer says: Nah im alright, surfing is all i need....
Last edited by boog22 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:50 pm

Chrisp wrote: I've got to object to that, not everything God put on the earth is good for us, remember He also put poisoness plants and dangerous animals on the earth,
Go through Asia and you will find they eat everything............. :arrow:

Just a matter of preparation........................ :wink:

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:59 pm

boog22 wrote:its pretty obvious that people who are against doing drugs, or other people doing them are just afraid...

afraid of what might happen to them, what other people might think about them and what they have been feed by governement, e.g Recent Anti drugs advertising campaign..
I agree with what you are saying, but what do you mean "recent anti drugs advertising..." this has always been the case.
seriously all drugs can be taking in moderation, except some people do not have the ability to say no when they have had enough, but these type of people would more than likely fall on the government taxed alcohol or pokies if it werent for illicit substances.... even herion can be done in moderation...
Pure heroin is probably one of the safest (if done with clean needles)

However, the strength of the addiction leaves your average weak human ripping off vcrs for their habit.
if you do not want to try them then thats fine, but by preaching about how bad they are for you without expriencing them first hand is just ignorant.. so if you dont want to take then FINE.... but your wasting your time and making yourself look stupid trying at the sametime trying to convince the average recreational drug user otherwise..

and why only have surfing as the only form of being high, when you can have both!

//Surfer walks into room after a epic session with a naked hottie demanding sex.

Surfer says: Nah im alright, surfing is all i need....
Yet these same people will go out, get pissed, then hop behind the wheel & drive home from the pub. Oh the LOLarity.

snakes

boog22
Grommet

Post by boog22 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:05 pm

snakes wrote:
boog22 wrote:its pretty obvious that people who are against doing drugs, or other people doing them are just afraid...

I agree with what you are saying, but what do you mean "recent anti drugs advertising..." this has always been the case.

i know its always being going on, but i was just trying to back with some recent proof...

remember the ad...where the girl iss passed out in the nightclub...soemone goes what did she take...and the guy says..OH OH i think it was ectasy... lol..

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:45 pm

snakes wrote:
boog22 wrote: seriously all drugs can be taking in moderation, except some people do not have the ability to say no when they have had enough, but these type of people would more than likely fall on the government taxed alcohol or pokies if it werent for illicit substances.... even herion can be done in moderation...
Pure heroin is probably one of the safest (if done with clean needles)

However, the strength of the addiction leaves your average weak human ripping off vcrs for their habit.

snakes
Spot on as usual snakes never met a person in 35 odd years that has used and never ended up with a habit and there where a lot.................................. :arrow: :twisted:

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:51 pm

boog22 wrote:
i know its always being going on, but i was just trying to back with some recent proof...

remember the ad...where the girl iss passed out in the nightclub...soemone goes what did she take...and the guy says..OH OH i think it was ectasy... lol..

Haha, as if you would pass out from taking a pill.

Maybe drinking too much alcohol, ketamine or ghb, but a pill, not likely.

snakes

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:31 pm

Tweaking the incoming data is FUN.

Who knows what doors of perception are going to open up to you.

Aldous Huxley?
Got it in one Chrisb.

Drugs can definitely take you to parts of your mind that are inaccessible to the average folk, i.e. anyone who hasn't got the time or inclination to devote their lives to spiritual practices.

I'm trying to give the ciggies the flick, again. Of all the stupid habits I have taken up, this one is the worst, and provides me with the least return on investment, and is most likely to kill me, and even if it doesn't kill me makes me less healthy.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:37 pm

You got to love the way we kid ourselves that mind altering substances don't have a negative effect on us in the long or short term.

If you think about it, you pretty much can't do anything excessively, or for a long period, without it having an adverse effect, yes even sport, and I would include surfing, but the positives outway the negatives eh.

Some people drink to remember, some people drink to forget (who did say that?)

Now, where was I?

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:57 pm

snakes wrote:
boog22 wrote:

Haha, as if you would pass out from taking a pill.

Maybe drinking too much alcohol, ketamine or ghb, but a pill, not likely.

snakes
snakes, sure pills will usually do the opposite, keep you fucken awake, and maybe even allow you to drink more than normal.... BUT
pills can fuck up people. A mate of mine tried them for the first time and he had to be taken away in an ambulance. 2 days in hospital.

JuBu
regular

Post by JuBu » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:09 pm

"I used to take drugs. I still take drugs, but I used to take them too"

Quote from some Canadian/US comedian. Forget his name. Very amusing guy. Unfortunately he's dead now. Think it had something to do with drugs, funnily enough.

IMHO, the main problem with stuff like eckies and weed is not so much the drugs themselves, more the people you have to associate with in order to get 'em.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:38 pm

ric_vidal wrote:If you think about it, you pretty much can't do anything excessively, or for a long period, without it having an adverse effect, yes even sport, and I would include surfing, but the positives outway the negatives eh.
Yeah, even being born eventually has the apparently adverse effect of causing you to die :lol:

Take drugs all ya want! I did! But after a while came to the conclusion they were tricking me into thinking I was having a good time.

Now I don't take 'em any more, NOBODY ELSE IS ALLOWED TO! (sorry, kidding)

snakes I have to say I am deeply sceptical of your theory about music and drug use. Parallel play, yeah, but necessary for creativity, don't make me laugh so much. Look at what a shitty job Beethoven did for instance. Or Mozart.

As for druggy writers setting the page alight, what the f**k was Shakespeare on? Other than his own particular track.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:44 pm

Hey Oldman, I did the Zyban thing for the ciggies over 3 years ago and haven't looked back. Smoke makes me seedy now.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:51 pm

Anyone here ever suffered from 'flashbacks'. I had a doozy a few years ago. Was out on a boat and thought i saw the speedboat next to me flip over in the water. I yelled out 'Fcuk" or something similar at the top of me lungs. Then i realised it didn't happen. The guys in the boat with me thought i might have had a little too much sun.

Drugs..... hmmm........

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:30 pm

macca202 wrote:snakes, sure pills will usually do the opposite, keep you **** awake, and maybe even allow you to drink more than normal.... BUT
pills can **** up people. A mate of mine tried them for the first time and he had to be taken away in an ambulance. 2 days in hospital.
Well either he had a bad reaction to the pill or it wasn't MDMA. These days, harm reduction is the g.o. If you are thinking of indulging, by an ez-test kit (this will help you determine what are in the pill(s) you are buying. Note that ez-test kits DO NOT tell you about other possible bad chemicals that may be in the pill only MDxx & other popular illicit substances such as amphetamines, ketamine etc.

Also drinking alcohol or large amounts of water is a no-no.

snakes

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:31 pm

wanto wrote:denis leary
Nah he's still alive & using Nyquill
Never confuse ambition with ability

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:51 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:snakes I have to say I am deeply sceptical of your theory about music and drug use. Parallel play, yeah, but necessary for creativity, don't make me laugh so much. Look at what a shitty job Beethoven did for instance. Or Mozart.
I never said it was necessary, just that drugs do offer some positives to society. Most people simply cannot handle the escape from reality or the ego crush of psychedelics, however when used properly, you can gain some great insight into your life.
As for druggy writers setting the page alight, what the f**k was Shakespeare on? Other than his own particular track.
News just to hand is that Shakespeare plagarised some of his work anyway. I think either Benjamin Franklin or Sir Francis Bacon is the person meant to have written the work he was credited with.

If I can end on another great Bill Hicks quote...

Non smokers die everyday :lol:

snakes