McTaggart wins Pittwater in a landslide

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:47 pm

McTaggart was also interviewed by Simon Marney (2BL on Sunday), at length, and Marney (friend of RS) - as usual with this sort of thing - tried to plunder the old boys books and records.

How embarrasing, like NickC he has never fully matured and lists his favourite alltime album as Morning of the Earth, best track being Simple Ben and of his library .. well .. it was ' IN THE GARAGE !!!!`

Now there are some headlines

Laurie McGinness
regular

Post by Laurie McGinness » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Welcome to the big league! What did he expect? It's NSW politics and guess what...they play by harsher rules than they do in Pittwater Council. I'd suggest he gets used to it. Regardless of that issue I find it hard to imagine that he is going to be in any way an effective local member. The succesful independents such Ted Mack and Peter McDonald have come from more substantial backgrounds. Sorry to offend any of you who voted for him but from further south he just radiates nimbyism......... I can't recall a single statement from him about any broader issue nor any suggestion of a coherent political philosophy. My guess is he will either sit back and shut up or get torn to pieces in the bear pit.....and as for a new hospital at Mona Vale.....if the Liberals get in maybe, if they regain the seat. If Labour stay in their best strategy is to keep it on hold so that people will keep voting for him, once it's built the only substantial issue he has will be gone and the seat will go back to the Liberals.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm

Larry wrote:How embarrasing, like NickC he has never fully matured
Little does everyone know the Truth -- that Larry is actually Alex McTaggart himself.

Let's see you clear your name NOW, you old bastard!

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:42 pm

There's NO WAY there's gonna be another hospital at Mona Vale. No way it's even gonna get upgraded. The hospital doesn't make sense, it's old, it's run down and you'd be mad to have any major procedure done there (hang on, they don't DO major procedures there).

The best thing would be bulldoze it and concentrate the resources into a single decent hospital for the entire northern beaches.

You'd be mad to have a baby there (on another note, I felt really sorry for Brogden's missus, forced to have her child there because of political expediency. She was probably thinking "I wish I was at RNS, I wish I was at RNS).

So McTaggart's gonna accomplish nothing, and next time there's an election ... bye bye baby.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:56 pm

Wanto, that proves nothing bar that medicine is fallible. I still know where I'd rather go (and having just worked my way through a reasonably serious illness) and it aint' mona vale.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:18 pm

Little do you know NicC, but I have a 13 yo grandson who is (in his own words) beginning to intrude deeper and deeper into the Peak take-off zone .. and with some dedicated coaching from this old bastard yours truly - murmurs himself off to sleep every night with this mantra

Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll

(apparently the constant repition of this phrase renders a surfer omnipotent and immune and without conscience - when he Drops in on a Carroll)

Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop on in a Carroll
Carroll in on a Drop
A Carroll Drop in on

He has a lot of little mates too .. so watchit! (we are thinking of some T-shirts)

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:38 pm

collnarra wrote:You'd be mad to have a baby there...
Does that mean I can send our two back :?: :twisted: attitudinal, indolent teenagers (thanks uncle Larry I'm using that word a lot - it's OK though Larry, one doesn't surf and the other is a natural - oh the shame) :shock:

Not convinced Colln that it isn't worthy of an upgrade, but I don't know what would be involved to get it to a level 5. Still seems like a very central location to the greater unwashed and, hey, it already there.

Not in the Pittwater electorate so McBoardinghouse doesn't effect us so to speak, but the word I got from relos in Pittwater was a 'waste of a vote'. What can or will an independent accomplish?

Discuss :arrow:

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:12 pm

eggzackerly right ric ~ Now let me ask you, and anyone else who calls themselves a boardrider ( surfer be buggered, that can mean anything these days) ~ When was the day a surfer ever stopped thinking about tomorrow's early?

When was the day the synoptic chart gave way to political idealism?
When was the day a boardrider gave up deep bends for a popular vote

I've got this old state election sticker in my garage that has ' Vote Nat Number One ' - and there is this picture of his nibs plus wife and child on the beach looking earnest ~ Vote for Gnat ????? ! - give me an early death please ...

Never trust a surfer, ever, we are a low tribe of vagrants and opportunists, what we don't kill we mock out of town

good evening

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:46 pm

wanto wrote:RNS killed a girl not long ago...
Yeah that was my daughter's school mate
Never confuse ambition with ability

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:53 pm

Shaunm wrote:
wanto wrote:RNS killed a girl not long ago...
Yeah that was my daughter's school mate
The golfer hit on the head by a golfball ?

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:58 pm

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Little Johnny doesn't know what it's gonna cost him yet.... Power corrupts, they say. I reckon in Johnny's case, it's also blinded. You're going down, you little weasel.
Classic. I came to Australia in 1991 - This country has given me so much, I have a beautiful Australian family and live in the most amazing place.

In the last 8 years so much has changed. I know Keating was seen as arrogant, but imho that bloke had a vision and a passion for Australia that was passed down to the average bloke in the street. I reckon Howard has just worn that away.

Anyway, I swore I'd become a citizen when the Libs were gone. This year I gave up waiting .... decided I was going to use my citizens right to vote.

You're going down, you little weasle.

nthnbeachesguy
Local
Location: Sydney, where??? dont take a rocket scientist to figure that out!

Post by nthnbeachesguy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:28 am

I know its off topic but i dun have a problem with mona hospital, i was born there and 2 of my mates just had their kids there as well with no issues.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:17 am

Larry wrote:Little do you know NicC, but I have a 13 yo grandson who is (in his own words) beginning to intrude deeper and deeper into the Peak take-off zone .. and with some dedicated coaching from this old bastard yours truly - murmurs himself off to sleep every night with this mantra

Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Drop in on a Carroll
Oh, I ENCOURAGE people to drop in on me! I love it!! Sharing waves together in a blissful daze of Friendship and Camaraderie.

The problem is, I also tend to LOSE CONTROL OF MY BOARD and run into them! I am working on this and hope by around 2030 to have entirely eliminated it from my admittedly outstanding repertoire.

My brother, on the other hand, as many of you know, prefers to do the actual dropping in, and is thinking of printing up his own line: "I was dropped in on by Tom Carroll!" The profits! Even if only 10% of his victims ponied up, he'd still be able to buy another beach house in Tahiti.

Fong you really should consider a visit to Sydney so you could get in line for one of these shirts.