McTaggart wins Pittwater in a landslide

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:49 pm

better than another liberal prick btw if every1 hates liberal so much it makes you think how did they get re-elected??? maybe george dubya gave him some tips on rigging elections

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:52 pm

Don't know for sure but I bet Johnny's vicious little workplace destructo laws had more to do with this result than the right wing of the Liberal Party could bear to admit.

Yeah there was Brogden's back stab and the Unknown Soldier parachuted in from Lane Cove (moving out from Mona Vale now, Paul?). And the totally embarrassing letter bombing mentioned by wanto, which must have worked against 'em ("vote Liberal or the sky will fall!").

But ... you know what ... Pittwater is a conservative place. Lots of people who love the place where they live and who've worked pretty hard to buy a house there. They have a strong sense of community and do a lot of volunteer stuff. They're educated and they're not on Struggle Street but they're not on the make (mostly). They don't see any pressing need to tear apart the fabric of Australian society -- which is a pretty good definition of conservative.

But you know these days, to many naturally conservative people, "Liberal" no longer means conservative. It means feral right wing bastardry, Government bullying, weird Septic-style Christianity used as a psychological lever to drive the cult of consumerism, and power gone to a few too many heads, particularly the head of a little man whose life ambition is to destroy the unions that fund his political enemies - no matter what the cost to the nation.

Little Johnny doesn't know what it's gonna cost him yet. But my father in law is part of the price he will pay. My father in law lives in St Ives and is a self funded retiree. A rusted-on Liberal voter from day one. He welcomed Howard into power in 1996, seeing him as a nice ordinary suburban Australian who'd rebalance the nation after too many years of Labor spivs and P Keating style arrogance. Just a few days ago, unprompted, he called Howard "that weaselly little man".

Power corrupts, they say. I reckon in Johnny's case, it's also blinded. You're going down, you little weasel.

ps: hey wanto, can't you tell I'm REALLY avoiding a deadline here.

grazza
Local

Post by grazza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:05 pm

And there lies the rub. I can see it, you can see it, hell, even your snives father in law can see it BUT NOTHING EVER CHANGES.

The weird thing is that the people with most to lose (who after all are not the good burgers of Pittwater) are continually seduced by the threat of the arabian bogeyman and the promise of a few dollars more.

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:16 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:A rusted-on Liberal voter from day one.
Cripes, get the WD40 :!:

loco4olas
charger

Post by loco4olas » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:43 pm

Larry wrote:Spellchecker required there loco4olas -
What?

ric_vidal
Snowy McAllister

Post by ric_vidal » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:01 pm

Larry wrote:There is a world of difference between the masterful Midget surfing sizeable at Freshie, and the bumbling tanglefoot McT, almost decapitating a couple of ten year olds out in 2' suckup.
Don't tell me Laz, he's must be another indolent vermin goofyfooter :lol:

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:22 pm

Sorry Oldy but there is never an excuse good enough for anything other than holding the board the right way.
Maybe not, but I'll be running past you with my board in control under my left wing while your board and body are being blown back up the beach.

So what about the wax in/wax outwards theory Ron? If you are walking with your board in a stiff wind, nose forward, wax out, this is the least functional way of controlling it. Or does looking cool while you're walking to the water's edge win out over functionality every time.

These are important issues here people!

As for the unimportant issues like politics and Little Johnny, well, I have nothing good to say for this little man, and I hold my fellow citizens responsible for electing him. From the time that little Johnny came in I thought the only thing that would save him was that he didn't have power in the senate. Now that he has, his own demise is more likely.
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:37 pm

Pull yourself together there loco4las - What? ... is a little difficult to respond to:

Yes ric - I've been a close observer of the local wildlife since that day in 1999 a fair % of them decided I was not entitled to any demonstrations of overt familiarity (the poms send you to Coventry)- only to realise, after a few short years, this probably well-deserved isolation provided me with a calming release from the expectations of others - and vermin aside - entitled me to a dispassionate and objective view of the gradual deterioration of many of the local lads' surfing skills ..

However, this decline has never been matched by their own estimations of themselves .. as in the case of McT .. The Honourable the Member for Pittwater .. blessed be the ego ric .. eh matt?

grazza
Local

Post by grazza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:37 pm

oldman wrote: So what about the wax in/wax outwards theory Ron? If you are walking with your board in a stiff wind, nose forward, wax out, this is the least functional way of controlling it. Or does looking cool while you're walking to the water's edge win out over functionality every time.
First you're promoting fins forward and now (gasp!) wax in! Mate, there are kiddies who read this stuff. Be a man, oldy. Keep your stick under control with brute strength and willpower. No need to resort to these sexually ambiguous tactics.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:41 pm

Does it really matter how you carry your board.......................... :?:

Some of you city folk need to get a life...................... :roll:

Scotty H

MacTaggart photo in the Tele

Post by Scotty H » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:42 pm

In his defence re the photo, on the radio this morning he was very amused at that Daily Telegraph digital photo mockup. You can't blame him for the lazy media - and they don't get much lazier than the ones at the Tele.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:51 pm

Johnno .. you old bushie .. They're taking the piss mate

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:58 pm

First you're promoting fins forward and now (gasp!) wax in! Mate, there are kiddies who read this stuff. Be a man, oldy. Keep your stick under control with brute strength and willpower. No need to resort to these sexually ambiguous tactics.
Sorry man, lost my head!

Of course, the only way to carry your board is on your head with your right hand holding one side. Fins back, wax on hair!
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:07 pm

Jamoe wrote:
grazza wrote:Would you have voted for him if you knew he was a mal rider?

:lol: :lol:

Hey that's the bastard that keeps dropping in on me @ Longy!
Never confuse ambition with ability

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:24 pm

Yesterday's Sun Herald (All of page 3) reported that McTaggart's Kings Cross boarding house was:

(1) A DRUG House !! (some resident wanted to sell a couple of joints to the reporter)
(2) Was on the 10 listed worst places in the Cross, and
(3) Was under constant Police surveillance

Today's Sydney Morning Herald (Small piece of a right bar column,about page 12) reported that"

(1) The NSW Police did not have McTaggart's place under surv ...
(2) The NSW Police have not compiled a list of any such places in the cross.

and my view is that just about everybody I know runs a DRUG HOUSE if a couple of joints for sale is the criteria.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:28 pm

Larry wrote:Yesterday's Sun Herald (All of page 3) reported that McTaggart's Kings Cross boarding house was:

(1) A DRUG House !! (some resident wanted to sell a couple of joints to the reporter)
(2) Was on the 10 listed worst places in the Cross, and
(3) Was under constant Police surveillance

Today's Sydney Morning Herald (Small piece of a right bar column,about page 12) reported that"

(1) The NSW Police did not have McTaggart's place under surv ...
(2) The NSW Police have not compiled a list of any such places in the cross.

and my view is that just about everybody I know runs a DRUG HOUSE if a couple of joints for sale is the criteria.

Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see
Yes, typical of the press to print embarrassing front-page allegations about someone then the following day, when they are proven incorrect, to print a piddling little counter-story (actually on page 4). They didn't even have the decency to present it as a retraction.

On the other hand when I read Sunday's original story I thought "so what?". I doubt if it did any damage to the guy (at least in the minds of rational cynical people) but I'd be confident that it was designed to.

Right-wing conspiracy ?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:37 pm

Yeah, how HILARIOUS was that. And inside the Sun-Herald, beyond their three pages of lying, the commentator Alex Mitchell (who'd called John Brogden's refusal to get involved with the by-election a "vicious" payback to the Liberal Party's right wing) wrote something like "wonder how the residents of Pittwater feel now they know the facts about the bloke they voted for".

Look, you dumb arse fricken media spinmeisters and Liberal Right dirt-diggers, McTaggart's no angel, everyone in Pittwater knows that! But guess what, as long as he doesn't tell US lies, WE DON'T CARE! He doesn't have to fit the Christian Right Wing's vision of probity in order to represent us.

But you, on the other hand, you just knowingly printed a lie on the front cover of a national Sunday newspaper and showed it to millions of people. Does that make you feel good? Successful? Clean-handed? Moral, upright?

You fools, you just lost further respect in the electorate. You just made Alex's seat safe -- for him.

"Facts"! How embarrassing.

ps: the pars in the SMH this morning were reported by AAP, not by an SMH staffer. I bet there's little love lost between the Sunday paper and the broadsheet.