Saw a car get broken into at curl curl

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

myeye

Saw a car get broken into at curl curl

Post by myeye » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:35 pm

On sunday around middayish ..
Me and a few mates of mine just came back from the surf..
getting changed at my car at the Pay car park.. at Mid North Curly
just talkin while we were getting changed.
Notice these two thug. looking guyswalk past us..

we said g'day to them
not thinking much about it..

get changed and drive off on to the road where the curly lagoon bridge is.
As were driving we notice the two guys.. looking a little suspicos.
soo One of my mates looks back as were driving past them.

he tells me that it looked like they smashed the window..
so i decide to turn the car around at the roundabout to check it out.

drive past them and they had just causally popped open the boot... By then i was thinking my mate was seeing stuff.. so i do another U turn to start driving home..

when i come back around We see them.. walking away from the car.. looking thru a wallet..

We then decide to check out the car..
look under a towel (the towel was put on the outside of car to cover the broken glass,) and there was smashed glass all over the place.. we look up to see them running away ..

by then it was too late to chase them down..
but we turned the car aroudn to look for them.. no luck.

The thing thta amazed me the most is how the did it in broad daylight on a pretty busy road.. cars passing every few seconds..

I cant exactly remember their faces..

but there wre 2 guys
bothin late 20's
small guy was 5"9' ish , dark brown hair...
and another guy pretty tall 6"+ very skinny with a tattoo across his right arm sorta coming over to his chest.

Watch OUT!
p.s. Sorry for the typing.. in a rush

booter
Local

Post by booter » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:30 pm

tell the cops bro

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm

That's right booter.

myeye the police may know them just from the description you have given us here. Also if the police do know them I gives them good reason to go and speak to them, which can often lead the police to find other things.............. :wink:

More people that come forward, the more chance of these low life getting caught.

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:22 pm

Too true make a report. Lucky you didn't approach unless your handy with fists & feet. Then there can be legal come-backs if they are under 18
Never confuse ambition with ability

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 pm

What scum sucking dawgs! I saw the glass all over the footpath on Sunday at about 2pm.

My car stereo and my ipod have already been shot up the arm of some damned junky so i don't really need to worry anymore :evil: :!: :twisted:

myeye

Post by myeye » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:43 pm

Yeah.. well we left a message on the guys car who got broken into..
my mate got the call from him and he said he might go to the cops.
if he does we said we'd go hand in a report or whatever.

hopefully he goes and gets the car scanned for finger prints.. cause it they werent wearing any gloves or anything so

We thought about chasing them but, it was one of those occassions when afterwards you just go.. should done this, shoudla done that..

kinda pissed off that we didnt go after 'em.

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm

I live near a beach on south head and my bro has a balcony from his room that looks over the car park next to my house! During summer it can get a bit crazy and once he was out having a look and saw 2 guys

The had like a bar or something and where trying to pry open a car door and basically ripped the entire car door off. My bro calls the cops and gives descriptions but alas I dont think anything happened with it!

But yeah as shaunm said dont approach them unless you know what your doing cause I do Ninjutsu and even there they say never enter a fight unless you have too.... The best way usually to scare someone off is to yell at them and make sure you stick with your mates! POWER IN NUMBERS!!! :lol:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:57 pm

myeye wrote:Yeah.. well we left a message on the guys car who got broken into..
my mate got the call from him and he said he might go to the cops.
if he does we said we'd go hand in a report or whatever.

hopefully he goes and gets the car scanned for finger prints.. cause it they werent wearing any gloves or anything so

We thought about chasing them but, it was one of those occassions when afterwards you just go.. should done this, shoudla done that..

kinda pissed off that we didnt go after 'em.
Yeah ya would be but how old are you? If they're under 18 and you ended up in a fight you may end up being in worse trouble than them. Happened to me when I was doing security and the 17yo was 4" taller and a fair bit heavier.!

Little chance of checking prints (probably none)
Car parked @ beach Mini Theft/Damage

Decription to police is good and spreading the warning like this, is also

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:58 pm

if i caught some thug breaking my car i'd grab the my metal crossbar in the boot and fuckn split their heads open so they die. then resusitate them and then kill them again, rip their balls off and feed it to my dogs. :evil:

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:08 pm

Mid-West or NY ?

myeye

Post by myeye » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:57 pm

Shaunm wrote:
Yeah ya would be but how old are you? If they're under 18 and you ended up in a fight you may end up being in worse trouble than them. Happened to me when I was doing security and the 17yo was 4" taller and a fair bit heavier.!

Little chance of checking prints (probably none)
Car parked @ beach Mini Theft/Damage

Decription to police is good and spreading the warning like this, is also
im 23. the guys were late 20's
scrawny lookin fellers..just looked like they were high on some drugs..

had 2 other mates with me so..

on the brake in note.... it looked like they'd definately done it before

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:06 pm

thats pretty screwed up.

i saw some broken glass at curly on thursday. the same place too i think, along the main road, just along side the mid car park. i mean aswell as the constant flow of traffic, theres houses that look directly onto it!

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:20 pm

Shaunm wrote:Mid-West or NY ?
DEFINETELY a Texan cowboy

yanks r us
charger

Post by yanks r us » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:50 pm

everythings bigger in texas

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:54 am

yanks r us wrote:if i caught some thug breaking my car i'd grab the my metal crossbar in the boot and **** split their heads open so they die. then resusitate them and then kill them again, rip their balls off and feed it to my dogs. :evil:
How 'bout a nice 'roundhouse kick' or two for good measure?
You're off the yank scale, y r'us. :?

On a more productive note, a camera cell phone would be handy in a situation like this.
Or,

I have adopted a foolproof technique for theft prevention over the years, granted North Carolina is more 'back country' than big city, and I seldom lock my car, but there is still the odd rip off at our beaches; anyway, I call it my 'sea-cucumber' defense and I've never had a problem:

sea cucumbers, when threatened by predators, essentially turn themselves inside out, disgorging a noxious spew of disgusting offal, the predator wants none of it and leaves the little beast alone.

I may as well call my car 'sea-cucumber,' it's an '86 Toyota Tercel rust bucket, standard crappy am fm radio, if I have anything of value, wallet, camera, etc., I drape a used pair of Homer Simpson type underwear on top, with some brown shoe polish smeared on the bum... :shock:

I could have the Hope diamond on board; no self-respecting bling crazed thug is going to want any part of this cache.

This ploy only works for married men, for obvious reasons, it's not exactly a chick magnet. 8)

Squidlips
barnacle

Post by Squidlips » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:27 pm

AN ABSOLUTE CLASSIC OFFSHORE 1 !! :lol: :lol: :lol: