Illegal fishing in australian waters

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Illegal fishing in australian waters

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:18 pm

If anybody jsut saw the segment on 60 minutes they will know what I'm talking about. Theres nothing racist about this post - because the Asians are coming into our waters and destroying whole coral reef habitats and taking away many australian's wellbeings. Not to mention they are landing on our shores, bringing god knows what diseases. And they keep coiming back because they don't respect our "authority" - which involves confiscating their boat if the navy actually boards it. I say blow the f^ckers out of the water, they know they arent meant to be here and they will stop coming if we using big explosions.
It's an invasion, there's no other word for it. Thousands of rogue trawlers descending from Indonesia, plundering our rich fishing grounds. And they're so brazen about it, making a mockery of the term "border security". True, the Navy's doing what it can, and the Federal Government's pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the fight. But, from what Tara Brown saw in a week on patrol with the Navy, it looks pretty grim. The sheer number of these pirates, the vast distances, the huge profits all conspire against us. And it's not just about fishing up north, the security and safety implications for the whole nation really are quite frightening.

A transcript of this story will appear here on Monday, November 7.
Now I know how the aboriginies must have felt, only it was much worse for them.
munch wrote:
bondiboarder wrote:Im gonna board til im in a wheel chair
why don't you continue on after that, I mean it really doesn't matter does it, if your a cripple or not :?

thats pretty funn i must admit

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:31 pm

Yeah I agree its stuffed but there really is no need to launch into a not racist attack on all asians :?
These people come from a particular part of our nearest neighbourhood. They are indifferent to our beefed up border protection and desperate for some rupia. Maybe we should all move up there and protect it :D

mad
charger

Post by mad » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:43 pm

Ya gotta love tabloid journaslism and the lame fuken rednecks who believe in the crap they peddle.

Shame, shame, shame!

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:55 pm

yeh...
offtopic..

they're quite smart people as well.. had a bit of a laugh watchin tv tonite
noticed on all those austrlia's brainiest kid... the caucasian kids never get to the finals :shock: hehe... we are so smrt
but i dont understand as to why they know about the largest part of brain n can do 546086 x 457345 in a matter of seconds, yet, they dont know where the tasman river is or what van diemens (sp?) land is... or a lot of australian history/geography
*not a racist comment, just an observation*

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:09 pm

Mate the report was talking about indonesian fishermen... you could say that rather than saying Asians which incorporate like 1 1/2 billion other people!
its like saying all caucasians are drug peddlers cause of scheppelle corby and the bali 9.... when really its they are just a bunch of pricks...

I agree with the argument though that watching it I felt more force should be used against them and the aussie government should step in and confront indo on it... but of course it wont as they are our largest neighbour and we love their trade!

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Willie - thats because they don't care about their new home. All they care about is holding onto their values from Bing bang bong along.
Mate the report was talking about indonesian fishermen... you could say that rather than saying Asians which incorporate like 1 1/2 billion other people!
Those 1 and half billion asians are peddling this business! Its the demand for shark fins that has over 8000 boats in here each year.

Ya gotta love tabloid journaslism and the lame darn rednecks who believe in the crap they peddle.

Shame, shame, shame!
Shutup mad you loser, you have no idea! This is about pretecting ecosystems and biodiversity within Australia!
munch wrote:
why don't you continue on after that, I mean it really doesn't matter does it, if your a cripple or not :?

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:33 pm

every comment made on an issue in reference to another race and their doings will always cause an argument as everyone has their own opinion n it always ends up like this... people accusing eachother of being racist, people always thinking that they're correct... so how about lessening the abuse because you could well be shooting yourself in the foot, and take other peoples opinion into account ey?

foamballpilotqueen
regular

Post by foamballpilotqueen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:42 pm

whats your opinion then willie?
munch wrote:

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:49 pm

i didn't see the show...

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:33 pm

Queen you fool, next time you put up a red neck thread try not to mispell 'Asians' in the title

Bear
barnacle

Post by Bear » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Meataxe wrote:Queen you fool, next time you put up a red neck thread try not to mispell 'Asians' in the title

HA HA HA HA HA THATS WAY FUNNY!

Ill ask you this question queen.... are we any better?

We are wiping out our fish stocks, killing off native mammals with feral animals, destroying forests left right and center, polluting like a mofo.
How is us doing that any different? Yeah yeah yeah I know what you'll say, well we aren't going into other peoples countries and screwing them up or whatever...
But everything we do affects the planet...
I dont agree with what they are doing but think about how much we care about other countries(Thinking of Iraq for one). We have different cultures and different tastes but lets face every country is pretty much fucking up this earth and just cause Peter harvey or whoever manages to do this little story how can you think we are so much better!

Get off your high racist horse!!!

:lol:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:27 am

willie wrote:every comment made on an issue in reference to another race and their doings will always cause an argument as everyone has their own opinion n it always ends up like this... people accusing each other of being racist, people always thinking that they're correct... so how about lessening the abuse because you could well be shooting yourself in the foot, and take other peoples opinion into account ey?
................................ :wink:

Damien
regular

Post by Damien » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:40 am

I am still laughing my ar$e off that anyone would use 60 minutes as a reference source to launch into a such a boofheaded diatribe of abuse.

BAAAHAAAHAAA You goose!!!

You obviously love the indo surf pilgrimage. If ya ever do go one day tell the indo's your theory of disease and pestilence they are bringing to our shores. They will also laugh their ar$se off. :lol:

freefilms
regular

Post by freefilms » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:49 am

Damien wrote:I am still laughing my ar$e off that anyone would use 60 minutes as a reference source to launch into a such a boofheaded diatribe of abuse.
ditto.

austeve
regular

Post by austeve » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:50 am

It must be true & a real threat....Stan Zemanick was on about it the other day as well....Lawsie & Gloria Jones have also said it is a worry :wink:

bro
Local

Post by bro » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:19 am

What a loser, delete the thread.

mad
charger

Post by mad » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:39 am

lame arse redneck wrote
Shutup mad you loser, you have no idea! This is about pretecting ecosystems and biodiversity within Australia!
I've been talking about this topic for yonks in rs forums. As a matter of fact programs like Catalyst covered it over a year ago and thats where the difference lies in journalism. One journalist looks at the science and social aspects and another uses it as a sensationalst launching pad to pull in idiots like you so that there sponsors get paid.

Wake up to yourself and try and wade through the manipulative bullshit thats get shoved down your throat and sort out what's real.

Watching 60 Minutes and ACA won't make you an environmental warrior, and I'm betting that's the strength of your involvment.