Are you obese?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

stuey

Are you obese?

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:39 pm

I just read that one of every six Aussies is considered to be obese. Any of you blokes overweight, or do yaz all train hard ta keep the lard orf?
In fact, has anyone bought a larger board rather than lose the weight necessary to ride the board they had?
Yaz just know how much I like fat.
Don't tell me yar just big boned!!

Simple Ben

Post by Simple Ben » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:45 pm

No

I do a fair bit of rockclimbing as well and you definitely don't want to be lugging any extra pounds up some overhanging cliff, no joy there at all mate.
Last edited by Simple Ben on Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:45 pm

hehehehehe TA!

Rothers
Local

Post by Rothers » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:48 pm

I consider myself to be very fit. I train hard and one of the benefits of that is that you can have the occaisional splurge on fast food without feeling guilty. It also helps if you like to get out a couple of nights a week for a drink.

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:15 pm

because of my job I spend an enormous amount of time on my arse. I am definately over weight and really need to get back in shape. However, it hasn't really affected my surfing. I guess I do just enough surfing to keep my paddling up.

So there yo go stuey, give me a sledging mate

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:19 pm

hahahah gee fletchy, I'm not sure if yar comment is an indictment on the quality o ya surfin or what! Nevermind, I just wonder at how many people are actually fat. Livin in the land o the beanpole, I notice that the young crew are horribly lazy and gettin fat. The chicks are particularly bad over the last few years. I can't tell ya how many koala bums I see every day. Still, I know its hard to stay thin in Oz with all that great grub and beer.

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:29 pm

Yeah, ciggies are a great food substitute. I used to be a stringbean when I smoked (about 10 years ago). Put on a fair bit of weight after stopping. (found I about doubled my beer consumption on ditching the cigs as well ....).
I'd say not obese, but go through phases of having a gut then working it off depending how much spare time I get to go surfing or up the snow.

Used to go for runs sometimes try to keep fit when working a lot and not much spare time, but its a bloody boring way to keep fit.

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:38 pm

Yes, I definately am overweight. Used to be fairly fit and healthy looking. That was when I was surfing everyday, gym 3 times a week. Then I started working in an office....

I am not grossly overweight, but could stand to lose about 8 kg's pretty easily.

Most of my weight came givin up the ciggies combined with a crap diet. Dropped 4.5 kilos so far in the last few months, and still going!!!

pig champion
Local

Post by pig champion » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:43 pm

fat? me? no way.
at 6'4 and 87 kgs, i am in great fighting shape. never had a problem with my weight. i always try to eat healthy food, but i'm not super strict about it.
i don't smoke ciggies, but i do enjoy the odd spliff & the food cravings that go along with it. i try to surf 3 times a day & also play basketball to keep fit. i also do alot of push-ups to keep my shoulders & upper back strong.
my heaters broke & i'm so tired ...

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:47 pm

yeah stuey get yourself an office job that requires long hours and see how you go mate :( it's hell. I used to be uber fit, competed in state and national karate comps did a fair amount of kick boxing as well. kyokushin stuey, you must have seen a few of them dojos around there mate. argh those were the days.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:51 pm

Have a kuro obi in kyokshin fletch. Yeah mate the training sesh'S in that were pretty hard. I have an office job mate, but usually don't start till 2/3 in the arv. hahah And do about 5 hours a day on ave.

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:54 pm

get it right stuey - its not 'obese' its festively plump...

and no im not festively plump

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:03 pm

Last edited by baldric on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:05 pm

stuey wrote:Have a kuro obi in kyokshin fletch.
did you do that in Japan? respect to you either way but if you did that in japan then I take my hat off to ya mate.

Hedgehog
Local

Post by Hedgehog » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:12 pm

I also did Kyokushin back in the day, too many years and memories ago....

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:19 pm

I'm so fat cause evertime I f#ck Stuey's mum, she makes me eat a meat pie :lol: guess thats a red card on its way :shock:

Oppy

Post by Oppy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:59 pm

At what point do you become obese? I'm not obese but a bit of extra weight goes well in bigger surf, many times when the clean up set comes through, half the crew gets dragged back to the impact zone.
Works fine for me and no I'm not riding a 10ft board.

[/quote]