Are you just another cog in the system?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

stuey

Are you just another cog in the system?

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:41 am

So whaterya reckon. Surferz, at least in my day, were individuals. Blokes didn't necessarily go outa their way ta be different, tho it was encouraged.Do YOU feel that yar different - or special in any way? What sets you apart from the rest o the crowd? How do ya feed yar soul?

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:52 am

I'm just me and I don't care what other people think. That's how I feed my soul man.

hahaha

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:00 am

Love me job squid-lips. Nice answer fletch.

buzzy
barnacle

Post by buzzy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:07 am

Haven't given it one seconds thought 'til now. Humility says I'm no better than the next guy, and ego says I am. I'd prefer to go with humility I guess.

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:18 am

Nah probz squidy, I don't get offended very easily. Didn't come here for the money either incidentally. Was offered the chance to be a full-time triathlon coach. When triathlon wasn't cool. Datz the simple answer.

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:41 am

Stuey, sorry to be the big wake up call mate, but were all a cog in a system......as much as we try to fight it as we grow up.......the older u become, the more you find yourself conforming....for whatever reason. Of course were all different in our own little ways, but there is a certain hive mentality thing going on..............

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:44 am

i have a lotion for your hives.

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:49 am

my mom always told not to tak things off strange men.....but thanks anyway Clif :o

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:50 am

Just askin fellas.

Billwha
Grommet

Post by Billwha » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:51 am

guess moving to sydney to learn about and make money makes me a lot like a lot of others . . . but i like to think i'm different. i got a tat on my bum day before i turned 20 . . . says "Get F**KED", cause i was mad i wasn't gonna be a teenager anymore. didn't mind it until someone pointed out a different context you could take it as meaning. i'm just glad and grateful i was born in australia near a beach and i've lived near the water all my life. there's alot of poor buggers out in the world that would kill for that i'm sure

bumbaclot
Supporter
Supporter

Post by bumbaclot » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:55 am

too true Billwha, gotta pinch yaself sometimes to realise how lucky ya are eh?

Rothers
Local

Post by Rothers » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:26 pm

stuey wrote:Nah probz squidy, I don't get offended very easily. Didn't come here for the money either incidentally. Was offered the chance to be a full-time triathlon coach. When triathlon wasn't cool. Datz the simple answer.
Stuey are there many full time tri coaches around? In my experiences as a swim coach, a lot of triathletes have seperate coaches, especially for swimming

stuey

Post by stuey » Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:45 pm

I don't do it full time any more Rotherz. I'm a part timer, perhaps like yaself. In the old days, there weren't really any coaches. I was a pro-gettin a bit long in the tooth and starvin cos bein a pro meant no money at all almost(back then). My oldz shouted me a trip ta Hawaii to surf and check the tri scene. While there, i got an invite to coach at a Japanese University-just by luck. There aint many full-time coaches around even now. Col on the goldy and a few others usually havin contracts thru the AIS.

ant

Post by ant » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:10 pm

Hey Stuey,

Your,e not the same Stuey.. ex pro.... went to Japan to wear a weird costume and surf in shows in a Wavepool.... surely not??