Dream House on Northern beaches

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

big_spender
regular

Dream House on Northern beaches

Post by big_spender » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:19 pm

tell us where ya dream house is..... you know when ya waiting for a set and ya glance around at the houses on the headlands and think "yea i could live in that one!"

for me its that house at whalie near the wedge looks like its built on 2 blocks massive lawn going down to the beach with a row a norfolk pines in front.... sweet

dangersean
Grommet

Post by dangersean » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:26 pm

For me it's one of the houses hanging over the middle of bungan.. place looks alot like heaven to me..
either that, or there is one over the road from little naz that i have my eye on for when i win powerball (if i ever enter powerball)
i bent my wookie

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:21 pm

my friend lives in a house at newport on the cliff northend of the beach overlookin the beach... i could see myself there hehe

dammit__01
Owl status

Post by dammit__01 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:53 pm

a shack at freshie haha nah a house on the top of dy point awsome view reefs all around me and a golf course within walking distance

plan b
regular

Post by plan b » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:03 pm

dammit__01 wrote:a shack at freshie haha nah a house on the top of dy point awsome view reefs all around me and a golf course within walking distance
those shaks on the cliff at freshwater would do it for me. the timber one painted green.

how nice would that be.

bungan has some sweet homes also. but the stretch between whaley and palmy, on the cliff front would suit me fine.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:15 pm

toasta wrote:(not the surfers - the real locals that live at whaley)..
'nuff said, really.

vb
Local

Post by vb » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:19 pm

Lovely old joint near the Warriewood headland shops; the only one on the ocean side (is it Narrabben Park Parade). Private, tennis court, north facing

Little D
regular

Post by Little D » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:27 pm

im with you PLan b, one of those den's at Freshy would kill it!

second choice would be the timber thing that sits in the dunes at Bilgola. can see myself there in summer, walking to the ocean, surf, walk back and put the lounge chairs out with a bbq and watch the times roll by.......

dy_fo_life
regular

Post by dy_fo_life » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:14 pm

Narrabeen caravan park...let's face it I would rather be surfing than paying off some overpriced real estate..and being that close to NN I would become pro in a week.

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:30 pm

vb wrote:Lovely old joint near the Warriewood headland shops; the only one on the ocean side (is it Narrabben Park Parade). Private, tennis court, north facing
But you know that some rich karnarva would come along, buy it and want to "capitalise". So they'd knock it down and build some executive monstrosity. Or two, actually. Heaven forbid that you'd have a tennis court taking up VALUABLE LAND.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:56 pm

I used to want to own the third house south of the walkway at sth Newport -- timber painted deep grey with a reddish roof, set a bit back on the block. But don't really care any more, I don't have $5 million anyway, and I'd just stare out the window all day waiting for the wind to switch.

Happy almost having beaten the bank on a normal house in Newy where my kids could walk to primary school. Heck the surf's never that far away round here.

Poorboy
regular

Post by Poorboy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:30 am

I dream of heaps of those nice big houses up that way but i've been just as happy campin on the couch at dane's (newport) or marcus' (Av)
Just a nice part of the world all round just wish i had seen it before the money really got a hold of the place.
My eyes bleed when the sun shines....

Nugger
Grommet

Post by Nugger » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:47 am

If we're going to live in dreamland, why stop at one. I need one in Brisbane because my family are all still there, one overlooking Boneyards because I'm going to be working in The Gong, one somewhere in the French Alpes because they're the best mountains in the world, one of them bungalows overlooking Bingin because the wave is so pefect and I surf so shit that it's the only place in the world I can get barrelled on my backhand. I think that should do it. I'll keep thinking though.
"Double your pleasure, double your funnn...."
The chief (RJ).

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:10 am

If I had a dream house on the northern beaches I would put it on the market and move up here..................... :wink:

Like why would you want to live in Sydney, unless you had to............... :?

Jamoe
Local

Post by Jamoe » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:25 am

Yeah! Everyone should move out of Sydney!

My House would be at the north end of whaley, the one that has the Massive lawn running down to the sand and the big wooden verandahs. almost looks like an oversize queenslander. perfect

Sov007

Post by Sov007 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:42 pm

mine would be my grandparents house at whaley, their parents built it themselves and it is one of the first 10 built up there and its still pretty much original. But bloody hell a house anywhere up there and you are close to the surf, and the drummer from the points, what more could you want.

Fresh fish and the wedge - the simple life - so much the better without Paris...