Cheerio Crew

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

AvalonSkiSchool

Cheerio Crew

Post by AvalonSkiSchool » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:34 pm

Hiya cats, just a quick note to let you all know of the recent incorporation of the Avalon Ski School, we will be holding learn to surf lessons every fortnight down at Avalon beach for those who are keen to learn a different method of attacking a wave. There will be loaner ski's available for those that are yet to purchase their first ski (although we do encourage you to buy one of your own to learn it's intracies also) for a small extra fee to the standard tuition. 3 classes will be held each Saturday with each class having a different focus for beginers, intermediates, and those who think they're becoming pretty good. All rates are extremely reasonable and if you would like further information please feel free to drop me a private message and I'll hook you up with the goods.

Peace out,
Davo

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 pm

poor avalon. bloody goatboat invasion - the world is doomed. haha

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:31 pm

Well , with some luck the goaties will overrun the nippers, who have already taken care of the boaties, who massacred the long-boarders a couple of years after the short-boarders chewed up the bodyboarders, who were responsible for eliminating the body surfers .. who banished the beach fishermen a couple of years after the convicts pissed off the settlers.

I smell a jokester !!

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:41 pm

Talk about waving a red flag in front of a bull......

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Re: Cheerio Crew

Post by Johnno » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:56 am

AvalonSkiSchool wrote:Hiya cats, just a quick note to let you all know of the recent incorporation of the Avalon Ski School, we will be holding learn to surf lessons every fortnight down at Avalon beach for those who are keen to learn a different method of attacking a wave. There will be loaner ski's available for those that are yet to purchase their first ski (although we do encourage you to buy one of your own to learn it's intracies also) for a small extra fee to the standard tuition. 3 classes will be held each Saturday with each class having a different focus for beginers, intermediates, and those who think they're becoming pretty good. All rates are extremely reasonable and if you would like further information please feel free to drop me a private message and I'll hook you up with the goods.

Peace out,
Davo
..........................................Image

One class short ............................self defence...................... :idea:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Cheerio Crew

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:59 am

merkin wrote:
AvalonSkiSchool wrote: the Avalon Ski School will be holding learn to surf lessons every fortnight down at Avalon beach. Peace out,
Davo
Sorry Pal but you should have checked with Pittwater Council because it just so happens that I have the beach booked out for Merkins Malibu School for Habitual Re-offenders.
We also have three classes each Saturday - one each for pedophiles, axe murderers and people who just like to run over other people...
Yeah well forget it Merkin, cos I've pre-empted your Re-Offenders School time in order to book my Synchronised Surf-Capades Training School wherein we all learn how to drop in on each other, eight at a time, and do exactly the same manoeuvre -- a poo-stance cuttie to triple head-flip. Should be popular with the hostel crew!

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:37 pm

Sounds like a normal day at Longy.

robbieg
regular

Post by robbieg » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:52 pm

Anyone keen for a surf at avalon?? if anything thanks for the warning to stay the hell away... :twisted:

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:31 pm

they just need to bring baywatch back now and everyone will be happy up there.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

baldric
barnacle

Post by baldric » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:13 pm

Last edited by baldric on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

AvalonSkiSchool

Post by AvalonSkiSchool » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:47 am

baldric? is nickname derivative of that classic dark comedy blackadder? my that was a funny show, I actually have some episodes of blackadder on dvd at home, some classic gags in those let me tell you. You must be an individual of quick wit to have thought to use baldric as a username, very good indeed mate.

yes there is very successful surf ski riding school operating on the gold coast at the moment, it commenced operations a few months ago with the blessing of the majority of the wider gold coast community. obviously there were some detractors in the standup surfing community early in the piece but it is my understanding that these groups have gotten over their initial fear of the unknown and have moved to other breaks as the prevalence of talented surf skiiers has increased at the break where the school is regularly in session, and yes the surf ski school has in fact received the blessing of the state govt. to be a participant in school surfing programs in the area as well. establishing itself into the school surfing curriculum is a big move for the gold coast surf ski school that i understand will not be without some initial setup difficulties and costs, but the benefits for the sport far outweigh any of the initial headaches with getting it established.

the Avalon Ski School will be affiliated with the Gold Coast operation but will not operate as a franchisee of the Gold Coast operation as they originally wanted us to be, as it is an initial trial venture in the southern state. setup capital requirements as you can imagine are quite prohibitive and of course any requirement to pay for a franchisee licence on top of equipment would have made the venture unfeasible.

we would more than welcome interest from any parties wishing to invest startup capital to the school and discussion by private message is encouraged for further information.

once the final revision of the business plan has been published for our final submission to our lenders will would be happy to make a copy available to any potentional small investors, donations from orgainsations such as the realsurf community will help to spread the good news that is surf skiing.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:02 am

Well Davo - I have a small nest egg of about $250,000 doing a little better than badly with the CBA and if you would be kind enough to forward me some kind of Prospectus concerning the venture - then I may consider a meeting with you to discuss a Joint Venture.

As a matter of fact we could meet right away - and I know of a couple of local chaps who may well want to attend the meeting, given that your plan to take over a large portion of the beach on a weekend might impinge on their pleasures.

Primitive research suggests that about 75 goat bo .. oops, Wave Skiers could fit into the cove at any time in summer, and about double the number in winter, plus about eight at LA.

Looking ahead

best

larry

AvalonSkiSchool

Post by AvalonSkiSchool » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:37 am

larry glad to see you have an open mind with respect to maximising the growth of your nest egg, will definitely pm you a complete copy of the business plan when done as I believe our venture will be extremely profitable to all holding a financial interest, it has certainly evolved that way with the Gold Coast venture. I sincerely look forward to discussing our vision for the resurrection of this great sport over a coffee or two with you as soon as possible and I trust that it is merely healthy paranoia detecting a veiled threat of physical harm with your buddies who you indicate would also love to attend. Australia performed at the pinnacle of this form of wave riding on the world stage during the eighties and there are many of us with the intention of making this the case through the coming decades and generations.

always good to see progressive thinkers in the ocean, always glad to have met those like yourself.

peace out,
davo

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:37 am

Larry, perhaps usiong the clout that would no doubt accompany your monumental Investment, you could direct the School to the coastal area between Bangalley and Careel Heads, it's an ideal ski training area.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:48 am

Davo - I'm dissapointed that you have perceive a veiled threat in my suggestion that a couple of us meet for a chat about the Avalon Venture ..

This does not portune well for any future involvement with paddle wheele .. oops again, Wave-Skiers .. that, by its very nature, would be one that may well be a little volatile in nature.

I have no doubt that a couple of calls could raise mutiples of the $250,000 (NC for instance is awash with funds and is a dear and close friend) - and despite his suggestion that the Venture would be better placed far away, I I do detect a burgeoning interest there.

Davo .. you may be a little too sensitive for 2107 mate ..

lazz

Damien
regular

Post by Damien » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:50 am

Quote "obviously there were some detractors in the standup surfing community early in the piece but it is my understanding that these groups have gotten over their initial fear of the unknown and have moved to other breaks as the prevalence of talented surf skiiers has increased at the break where the school is regularly in session"

What a tolerant lot the Gold Coast standup and booger community are for moving to other breaks to allow our goat boating brethern exclusive use of the surf school breaks.

Who said the goldie was a hotbed of aggression and localism?

So come on Avalon get in the spirit. You know you wont mind travelling elsewhere for waves from now on.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:10 am

Ron .. you sound like the kind of bloke who wouldn't mind kicking in a few $000's to see the Venture get off the launch pad

- as a matter of fact, I've been in touch with Don and have suggested he restrict Realsurfs' site contents to only those who have made a sizable contribution to increase the number of goaties on the northern beaches.

about $3,000 per person could be a starter !

I'm excited

laz