what is your worst surf related injury??

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

what is your worst surf related injury??

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:59 am

My board gave me a solid whack, right next to my eye...i had the choice of plastic stitches, or superglue....i chose plastic stiches..,.,.,.,

booter
Local

Post by booter » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:09 am

During some rough bedroom antics I had approximately twelve inches of surfboard repeatedly insterted and removed from my rectum. Upon completion there were some minor fiberglass burns. Does this count? :?:

robbieg
regular

Re: classic

Post by robbieg » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:41 pm

fong wrote:
p.s no RECTUM injurys 4 fong.... :roll:
Where all friends here mate, no need to lie... :lol:

Alvin
Grommet

Re: what is your worst surf related injury??

Post by Alvin » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:45 pm

g_u_m_b_y wrote:My board gave me a solid whack, right next to my eye...i had the choice of plastic stitches, or superglue....i chose plastic stiches..,.,.,.,
dunno how you ended up, but you should have gone for the superglue (assuming you mean the medical variety)...it's awesome stuff. I took some to indo one trip, about 8 years ago (my old man's a Dr. and pinched some from the operating theatre for me). I copped a fin in the face and it went right through my nostril...I could pick my nose and my finger would go right through.

Anyway....I took myself and the glue off to the kuta clinic...trying to explain to the doctor what the glue was for was classic. Took me ages, trying to do the sign-language for 'no stitches, glue together". He ended up stuffing it up and it wouldn't heal (he put glue inside the cut, rather than over the top), so I redid it myself a couple of days later. Came out a treat...you can barely see a scar, which considering what it looked like at the time is pretty impressive

Walking round with a big, crusty blob of purple gunk on the side of my schnoz for a week was a touch embarrassing though. Looked like a ding repair, pre-sanding.

scroopulis
Local

Post by scroopulis » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:00 pm

I had an absolute wilderbeast knee me in the tender nether regions after falling asleep on the job.
I pulled her at a beach party so i guess its surf related....
Took me 3 weeks before I could laugh about it.

maddog
regular

Post by maddog » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:46 pm

Finchop on the shoulders when I was surfing with someone who I thought was Layne Beachley. I was sitting there looking at her and I get cleaned up by this set and board comes to fin first on my shoulder. She came over and asked I was alright, but it wasn't Layne:(

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:03 pm

some dudes surfboard hit my head (just above temple) --> 10 stitches

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:15 pm

1. Broken & split nose- Shelley beach central coast
2. Medial Ligament left knee - Freshie
3. The muscle above/rear of elbow in both arms 2 weeks apart - carboot strutts gave and closed on me, used arms to avoid wearing boot in the head. Happened twice.
Never confuse ambition with ability

Realbooger
regular

Post by Realbooger » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:17 pm

scar on leg from a surfer bailing his board while i was on the was it kinda poped up and cut me no stiches but nice scar:)
"What ever you can do I can do better."

barstardos
charger

Post by barstardos » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:57 am

Out at Freshie this morning I gut an unusual injury. Duckdiving a little set wave, the lip came down clean on the back of my left knee and the impact was like cracking a whip - but my leg was the whip!!
Bloody hurt and I had to go in.
I hope its OK cos I am walking the kokoda trail in a few weeks and I am going to need two good knees!

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:49 am

Teeth trough bottom lip and I somehow managed to break a toe last summer which still gives me grief.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

CARPARKKING
regular

Post by CARPARKKING » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:35 pm

out at north narra point on a hefty 4 ft solid day (looking like teahupoo) tucked into this openhouse shack i was in the barrell amazingly deep, some kook tries to drop in, ends up doing a fade take off and gets thrown by the lip and hits me whilst getting shacked off my nut. no joke. a dreadfull gash up my leg and puts me 2 months out of the water. i'm planing the hunt the bastard down.

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:49 pm

CARPARKKING wrote:out at north narra point on a hefty 4 ft solid day (looking like teahupoo) tucked into this openhouse shack i was in the barrell amazingly deep, some kook tries to drop in, ends up doing a fade take off and gets thrown by the lip and hits me whilst getting shacked off my nut. no joke. a dreadfull gash up my leg and puts me 2 months out of the water. i'm planing the hunt the bastard down.
reminds me of the time i surfed manly point lookin like jaws

my worst injury, grade 2 tear in the calf muscle, lovely long tear, requiring lots of physio

g_u_m_b_y
barnacle

Post by g_u_m_b_y » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm

CARPARKKING wrote:out at north narra point on a hefty 4 ft solid day (looking like teahupoo) tucked into this openhouse shack i was in the barrell amazingly deep, some kook tries to drop in, ends up doing a fade take off and gets thrown by the lip and hits me whilst getting shacked off my nut. no joke. a dreadfull gash up my leg and puts me 2 months out of the water. i'm planing the hunt the bastard down.
was it on purpose? if so.....wellll...tough 4 him!!!! :twisted: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

bookster
barnacle

Post by bookster » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:01 pm

Yep, done the teeth through the bottom lip thing. Was going through the shorebreak and jumping over a wave when the lip hit the board, which hit me on the chin. Teeth come together violently, much blood results...

I also injured my pride once- dropped in on a dude and my board hit him in the scone- as my head popped up from the white water his fist connected with it.... guess I shouldn't have dropped in :roll:

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:31 pm

i've had a few but NEVER been tangled, hooked, stabbed, netted, gaffed etc by a beach fisho........

(see beach fisherman thread)