Bungan crew?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Bungan crew?

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:59 pm

hey team, been away for a few weeks in Hawaii and CA, missed home, hope everyone's well.

I was wondering: is there anyone who can explain to me the graffiti on the road at Bungan. I heard a rumour that someone was beaten up after trying to surf in a contest area, and is now looking for revenge?

Hope the Black Page of Doom is fun for ya Don.

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:54 am

Hi NC,

been away too. Didn't miss home. Dont know about Bungan, but did you make it to that new wave pool being done up down Orlando way?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:42 am

Hell no! Next trip I'm going there, and to the Wave House in San Diego! Can't fricken wait.

Bungan anyone? Come on! The graffiti's crazy! Someone's pissed off. Who is it?

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:46 am

Hi Nick..............sounds like you be if you don't get the goss....... :wink: :lol:

Hope you had a good trip and welcome home.

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:57 am

Nick Carroll wrote: Bungan anyone? Come on! The graffiti's crazy! Someone's pissed off. Who is it?
What does it say?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:02 pm

Ah, it's like "U are nothing! Kick me in the head cock face, see you soon..." etc etc. Kinda hard to miss if you're going for a surf from the sth end or driving over the crest of Myola Rd.

Just not something you see every day or even every year.

And yeah Johnno I had a farken great time paddling for 54 ks across the god damned Kaiwi Channel, wasn't tired at all! Molokai to Oahu, ha, cake. Surfed Waikiki with my daughter on big old tankers, heaps of fun. Then California was flat as and the ocean was full of algae blooms, the dreaded Red Tide. Nobody could surf so they just drove around with their longboards and Fish strapped to the car roofs. Paradise I tell ya.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:15 pm

Hi Nick sounds like you had fun, and off the topic it just seem strange that you mention the red tide as most of the reports I have been getting have been from bottom of the Gulf of Mexico off the Southwest Florida coast. About reports of mass destruction of sea life in areas ranging from southern Hernando County to northern Sarasota County.

Thanks........... seems they have it on both sides of the main land.

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:26 pm

Nick ! You did the Molokai race did you ? first time ? what craft did you do it on ? Did an ozzie win like Dean Gardner or Kissane ?

Sorry for the off subject

cheers
troy

Nick Carroll wrote:Ah, it's like "U are nothing! Kick me in the head cock face, see you soon..." etc etc. Kinda hard to miss if you're going for a surf from the sth end or driving over the crest of Myola Rd.

Just not something you see every day or even every year.

And yeah Johnno I had a shoot great time paddling for 54 ks across the god damned Kaiwi Channel, wasn't tired at all! Molokai to Oahu, ha, cake. Surfed Waikiki with my daughter on big old tankers, heaps of fun. Then California was flat as and the ocean was full of algae blooms, the dreaded Red Tide. Nobody could surf so they just drove around with their longboards and Fish strapped to the car roofs. Paradise I tell ya.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:07 am

The race was crazy. Not my first time, but first time solo on a stock board (12 feet). 54 ks of straight-line downwind paddling, with a last 6ks of battling a reverse 3 knot current. Just unbelievable. Long day's journey into complete bloody mental and physical exhaustion. Aussies did great! Burleigh's Jamie Mitchell won the overall for the fourth year running, Nathan Henderson came third overall, both on their big 18' unlimited boards. Mick DiBetta, Burleigh's ocean racing legend, got sixth. Hayden Smith and Bruce Taylor from Qld won the teams division, Hayley Bateup from Qld came second in the womens, Chad Noble from Maroubra won the mixed teams with US superchick Katie Wright, I came second in the mens 40-plus.

Caught about 500 waves coming across that channel. Would not recommend it to anyone, you understand ... but it was fun as hell.

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:08 pm

The writing that was written on Myola road was directed to the guy that kicked the victim in the head, the victim thought that this person that kicked him lived in the house next to where he had written the remarks on the road...

Little did he know that the guy who kicked him lived down the road... the message was still received though , i think...

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:23 pm

So ... stylefirst do you know what occurred? Was it to do with a contest? What led to the kick in the head, what result? (Other than the graffiti.)

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:36 pm

All ive been told is, the guy that got kicked deserved it, he must have dropped in repeatedly i think... And he was dealt with, by foot to the head and wasnt happy, came back and wrote the message on the road for all to see...

Not a happy camper, but he wasnt a local, im sure...

Troy_Cisco_Kid
regular

Post by Troy_Cisco_Kid » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:28 pm

So dropping in a few times even a lot of times ,deserves a kick to the head ..nice stuff .

A few stern words and push and shove on the beach would have probably sufficed ....

Of course i'm saying this with absolute no knowledge of all the story , but ...... crying out loud

stylefirst
barnacle

Post by stylefirst » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Im not in full knowledge of the story yet but it seems this victim has done something extreme to piss off the local or the local is a loud and proud fella and didnt take the guy too lightly...

Poses an interesting scenario to be found out doesnt it...

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:51 am

Out of curiousity, how much would a house overlooking Bungan be worth. Costly place to be a local so I would be careful if they are kicking people in the heads. A smart lawyer would be looking for damage repayments if they have injured their client, knowing that they have assets. Horribly american but ain't that the way the world is going.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

swift
regular

Post by swift » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:58 pm

There was definitly a comp on not last weekend but the weekend before. The guys had put "Warning Surf Comp" signs in a couple of places.

A mate and I after surfing down the beach a bit said g'day to a couple of the blokes. They seemed Ok to me.

Not sure what happened with the bif. They were surfing the best bank on the NB at the time so someone might not have taken too kindly to it.

At the time we thought they might have been from Umina or somewhere???

Shaunm
Snowy McAllister

Post by Shaunm » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:02 pm

Most unlike that spot.
My daughter's mother's current husband's parents live overlooking that spot. Been there a few times. Locals are OK, friendly even, if you're cool
Never confuse ambition with ability

collnarra

Post by collnarra » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:16 am

I think he means "my ex-wife's new in-laws"