do ya worship anyone?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Meataxe
barnacle

do ya worship anyone?

Post by Meataxe » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:05 pm

You think the human race is an incredible fluke of chemical reactions or the product of divine creation?

Meself, I tend towards Christianity but a fairly loose interpretation. Still firmly believe in evolution etc.

SirChomps-a-Lot

Post by SirChomps-a-Lot » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:00 pm

wanto wrote:mod->Religion & Politics

Go with evolution but suspect certain events throughout history may have sped that whole process up from time to time. kinda like chernobyl but obviously not man made. this planet must have been 'livable' for quite some time to allow evolution to get us to where we are. divine intervention? don't think so. the whole god vs alien (not to be confused with pred v alien) debate is another intersting one. sorry for the ramble.
yo, if aliens made this planet livable who made their planet livable? Some other aliens?

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:02 pm

Just people that ride huge surf, as anything else is hypothetical.......... :wink:

Longygrom
barnacle

Post by Longygrom » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:30 pm

god

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:51 pm

You got to wonder if this is it or is there something else. I have had a couple of strange ghost type experiences which can't be explained so I do live in hope that the journey continues after this. Be a tad pissed off if you work all your life then get sick and die and then thats it.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Meataxe
barnacle

Post by Meataxe » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:56 pm

have been readen a fair bit into it lately, books like A Short History of Time by stephen hawking.

It's funny, its a science book but the laws and concepts it lays out - including the creation of the universe - seem to me to suggest the possibility of a creator.

Or to put it another way, certainly doesn't rule out the possibility of one.

oldman
Snowy McAllister

Post by oldman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:21 pm

Are we the result of an incredibly long series of chemical and then genetic chance-manipulations, each step along the way being near enough to a mathematical impossibility.

I don't think so.

Is there a God?

I believe I have experienced the presence/aura of some divine non-physical being out there.

Whom do I worship?

Nobody and nothing. My god has sufficient self-respect such that he/she not only doesn't need to be worshipped, but he/she thinks that anyone who prostrates themselves before another being, even a divine one, is a toadying suck-up, not worthy of respect.

Is Jesus God? Come on people, think about it? If it walks like a man, talks like a man, eats and smells like a man, it was probably a man.

P.S. the use of 'avatar' in internet terminology is a particularly egregious bastardisation of a word, as bad as using the word 'surf' to describe wasting time on the 'net.

Bless you all!
Lucky Al wrote:You could call your elbows borogoves, and your knees bandersnatches, and go whiffling through the tulgey woods north of narrabeen, burbling as you came.

bootcamp
Grommet

Post by bootcamp » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:25 pm

i believe GOD put us here, :D
have you read the bible oldman?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:55 pm

God's a bit of a misused Divinity, I reckon.

For a Being who's remained utterly and enigmatically silent throughout the course of human history, there certainly seems to be a s**tload of people who know what God would like us all to be doing.

Bring on the second Enlightenment.

One Mile Point
Snowy McAllister

Post by One Mile Point » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 pm

Longygrom wrote:god
beat me to it

bootcamp
Grommet

Post by bootcamp » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:38 pm

if your refering to me i never said anything about telling you what god wants you to do, god gave us all a choice, its up to you what you do.

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:58 pm

I pretty much dislike all religion - too many people around the world using it as an excuse to treat each other badly.

I worship those that don't worship anyone, for having the confidence and strength to make their own decisions and think for themselves.
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

james
regular

Post by james » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 pm

crashy :D

religion just starts wars because everyone thinks theres is better... stupid stuff

james
regular

Post by james » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:09 pm

no offence intended just my opinion

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:25 pm

im not a practising christian or anything like that.
i believe we all became just from a natuaral evolution. Where that started, i don't know, but i don't need to make up a 'GOD' to explain it.
Some things are better left unexplained. But then again other people find happiness with their god, so im certainly not against the concept.

Will we ever find out? well im not willing to waste my whole life to find out. Live your life now :)