Imunity to bluebottles!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Same boat?

No, Blue bottles sting like a kick in the balls.
68%
Yes, Blue bottles don't hurt me either. I am also a Golden God
19%
I really don't care because I don't like you Danny and I want you to die a FIERY FIERY DEATH!! (wow, that was mean)
14%

Total votes: 37

Snapper

Imunity to bluebottles!

Post by Snapper » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:52 pm

I have been stung by the little bastards so many times I have built up an imunity to them. They can land on me and i will pull them off and the only thing that happens is a tiny bit of redness. I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!

Longboarder
regular

Blueys

Post by Longboarder » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:20 pm

They arent my thing but i havent been stung this summer thus far so i can't complain, has anyone noticed that some summers there are alot of the buggars and not so many other summers. Some people just have the luck of avoiding them

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:26 am

I'm a pretty hairy bugger so usually the sting is sitting a mil above my skin on a bed of hair. But if I do get stung I get cramps on the limb that was stung. Does that happen to anyone else?

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Imunity to bluebottles!

Post by zzz » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:41 am

Snapper wrote:I have been stung by the little bastards so many times I have built up an imunity to them. They can land on me and i will pull them off and the only thing that happens is a tiny bit of redness. I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!
I'd like to see proof of this .... a photo of yourself draped in fresh blue bottles will suffice :twisted:

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:12 pm

Didn't bother me for years, and then I copped one on the face while body surfing - now I hate the little b@s7@rd5......
"Stay happy and everything will be just fine....." Jack Norris

dicko

Post by dicko » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:06 pm

fletch wrote:I'm a pretty hairy bugger so usually the sting is sitting a mil above my skin on a bed of hair. But if I do get stung I get cramps on the limb that was stung. Does that happen to anyone else?
one or two is ok apart from the pain. worst part is the itch for days later.

I got stung once on both knees and both elbows and ended up on bed for 2 days with intense pain in my abdomen.

whitey
regular

Ouch

Post by whitey » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:58 pm

They don’t hurt so much if its just on the leg or arm( but the do itch like big mosquito bites) but then they get your face THE F$%KEN HURT. Summer Before last I got smashed by one while I was duck diving and somehow it manages to get the stinger up my nose, not the most pleasant surfing memory that one .Whitey.

dicko

Post by dicko » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:46 pm

that's a classic. :D others' misfortune is always funny.

SKYWALKER

Post by SKYWALKER » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:27 pm

WHen i first got done it burnt like hell now it just stings a bit and gets really ichy and i keep on boarding even if there in the water.

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:30 pm

how about box jellyfish? anyone immune to them? :lol:

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:07 am

lol

you're not a real man unless you can stick a box jellyfish down your daks and say "no, don't feel a thing"

whitey
regular

Righto............

Post by whitey » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:27 am

Ummmmm, box jellyfish.........nah sorry I can’t say I have tried that one. I will leave putting box jellyfish down your pants totally for you, please video it and send me a copy though, that would make good watchin. .Whitey. :? :lol:

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:20 am

waddya reckon fletch? Keen to take up the challenge? Maybe some can get in contact with Steve'O or Johnny Knoxville?

fletch
regular

Post by fletch » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:57 am

You're probably right streetdaddy, leave that one to the experts I think :D

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:59 pm

the little bastards love me! its like as soon as i step into the water i activate some sort of beacon that tells them "sting this one" i got stung 17 times in one session - no joke. but they dont hurt 2 bad anymore, ya get used to them

whackenauffe

Post by whackenauffe » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:31 pm

waddya reckon fletch? Keen to take up the challenge? Maybe some can get in contact with Steve'O or Johnny Knoxville?
Sorry fellaz johnny knoxville has kicked the bucket. He died trying to eat a pound/kilo of salt.
Apparently the salt burnt his stomach to pieces and he died when all his stomach "juices" spread throughout his body.
Anyways.
cheers
david