Surf Rage

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

alby

Post by alby » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:00 pm

baldric wrote:used ta be an absolute kiwi psycho that'd surf the local....during one local boardrider meet he just told 'em ta go f*ck 'emselves and continued to surf in the comp break.

he then suitd up...goes down to the contest area....says he's goin' back out for a surf in the contest break....and does anyone have a problem with this.... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
I was there that day. It was only one tyre and a whole bunch of eggs from the boardies bbq smashed on his car. We got his tyre changed and he then pissed off. Shortly after we heard he had returned to to his beloved homeland.
PS I wouldn't go near Kaikoura if I were you

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:29 pm

A couple of years ago on a Sunday morning I was at Warriewood. Just a few out including this guy who muttered "wanker" when I paddled out. Don't know why, I had never seen him before in my life.

I just ignored him and paddled into position.

When the first wave of a set came in, I let him take it as he was in a better position. I caught the 2nd wave of the set and a nice ride it was too.... He left me alone after that.

A couple of guys riding surf rescue boards weren't having much success with the waves...... When one of them finally caught a wave Mr Aggro snaked in from behind him, generated some speed and then speared his shortboard right at the rescue board rider. It missed his head by mere centimetres. If it had connected it would have resulted in a really serious injury, possibly death.

It worked, the 2 guys went in shortly after.

I don't know if Mr Aggro was having a bad day, if he had a past history with the rescue board guys, or if he was just a psycho.

Fortunately I haven't seen him since...... maybe he's been locked up.

PS: "Baldric" where was your surf rage incident?
"Johnno" what was the reason for Terry Fitz's stabbing?

smw1
Local

Post by smw1 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:39 pm

I surf the northern beaches and see aggro all the time. Funny thing is, I never see mal riders giving it. It's usually a pack of groms or teenagers on short boards hustling every wave who get upset when someone else tries to take one.

I've often been tempted to say something, but I'm usually too scared they'll have a bunch of their 6'5 axe-weilding dads/brothers etc waiting for me on the beach when I go in to give me a good kicking.

Probably my fault for expecting stress free sessions anywhere near Sydney.

Lidder
charger

Post by Lidder » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 pm

smw1 wrote:I surf the northern beaches and see aggro all the time. Funny thing is, I never see mal riders giving it. It's usually a pack of groms or teenagers on short boards hustling every wave who get upset when someone else tries to take one.

I've often been tempted to say something, but I'm usually too scared they'll have a bunch of their 6'5 axe-weilding dads/brothers etc waiting for me on the beach when I go in to give me a good kicking.

Probably my fault for expecting stress free sessions anywhere near Sydney.

that wouldnt happen to be the little tools at North Steyne, would it????

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:29 pm

chrisb wrote:"Johnno" what was the reason for Terry Fitz's stabbing?
Being a goose............... :!:

And back in the early 70's knew a few Sandon boy's that would be have a surprise in their wettie if you didn't pay any respect.:wink:
chrisb... then speared his shortboard right at the rescue board rider. It missed his head by mere centimetres. If it had connected it would have resulted in a really serious injury, possibly death.
Obversely use to surf with out a leg rope at some stage, as that was something that we all.........sorry I'll just speak for myself use to to do pre leggies, and after a while some where as good as William Tell. :wink:

I for one can claim a few goat boats and copped a few paddles for my troubles, but it was all in good clean fun.............. :lol:

But back then we had to pay our due's.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:33 am

i like how some crew rather than fight paddled out with water pistols full of baby oil. few squirts on hasslers said board and the surf is peaceful once again. rofl.

moreorless
regular

Post by moreorless » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:51 am

I surf the northern beaches and see aggro all the time. Funny thing is, I never see mal riders giving it.
Too right, mate - mal riders don't give it, they just provoke it. Greed, stupidity, incompetence, drop-ins, snaking, getting in the way - it's enough to make even the most level-headed spit the dummy at times. To top it off many of them think they have some deep claim to the true spirit of surfing. It's pathetic.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:49 pm

yesterday..crowded curl curl..four idiot mates on mini mals, sitting together in a pack, taking off/falling off everytime routine, then when a clean up comes they ALL chuck their boards causing all sorts of chaos...tests ones patience!!!!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:21 pm

tootr wrote:yesterday..crowded curl curl..four idiot mates on mini mals, sitting together in a pack, taking off/falling off everytime routine, then when a clean up comes they ALL chuck their boards causing all sorts of chaos...tests ones patience!!!!
i'd prefer them to chuck it rather than attempt an unsuccesfull duckdive/turtleroll and have the board flick me in the face

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:50 pm

An old man was really mean to me when I was a little boy out surfing at Newport. Woulda been about 14 at the time and not very big for my age at all. He was about 40 or a bit older, short hair, not real big but very Adult which was extremely rare back then. He dropped in on me and I said "Oi!" as you do. When I paddled back out he proceeded to call me out, then mock and bully me in a most nasty fashion ... no physical violence but many put-downs to which I simply had no answer. "You've got a smart mouth," he snapped in unbearable Alan Jones type tones. "But pretty hair! Hasn't he got pretty hair?" This to another bloke with whom he'd paddled out.

I took it all in silently but the scars still remain, and as a result, I am SUPER MEAN AND CRUEL to all old men in the surf! Because you never know! Maybe one of 'em will be him!

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:58 pm

haha, you got burnt. :lol:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:09 pm

Humm................... sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:44 pm

It's not your face but whats behind................ :wink: :lol:

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 pm

go to padang and your 100% guaranteed of seeing some tension.

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:40 am

Johnno wrote:Humm................... sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.
Yes, but ... as Wanto will discover if he drops in on me and my godforsaken clubby board, my feelings are EASILY HURT.

btw, nothing, repeat nothing compares with the pure crazy idiocy of Pipeline in December. It's not Surf Rage, it's Surf Kickboxing Class. The spot that once entranced the entire non Hawaiian surfing world with its promise of Zen purity -- where Gerry Lopez once gave us all a look at the ultimate in surfing cool -- is now a workout zone for some of the finest male bullies on earth. Let's all join hands and pray nowhere in Oz goes too far down that path.