What do you call a piss-damaged wetsuit ?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

chrisb
Owl status

What do you call a piss-damaged wetsuit ?

Post by chrisb » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:37 pm

Apparently there's a term used to describe a urine-damaged wetsuit.

I read it in an American surfing dictionary years ago but forget the term.

Anyone know?

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:53 pm

how could u not piss in winter u would die!

sandonpoint

Post by sandonpoint » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:57 pm

but when u dont wash your wetsuit out after each piss, the career of your wetsuit will dramatically shorten.

"turn the fear of the unknown into the exictement of the potential"

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:48 pm

what about" piss weak"

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH.....

willie
barnacle

Post by willie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:51 pm

Mr_momo_32 wrote:what about" piss weak"

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH.....
haha nice one.. but seriously, how long were u thinkin of that?? u were thinkin for a solid 5 minutes weren't ya

Mr_momo_32
Local

Post by Mr_momo_32 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:44 pm

nah i was playin rs, and it dropped out and i saw a reply and thought of it im not that desperate

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:33 am

What I'd like to know is: why?

Why would urine damage neoprene?

You bastards sent me looking for reasons and I've found no direct link between piss and the breaking down of chloroprene-based synthetic rubber.

I personally would hate to be robbed of the undeniably pleasant sensation of a bladder relieving hot wee-wee flush on a crap winter morning (like this one). Come on, if there's some sort of chemistry oriented human out there, tell us why we can't treat our wetties like nappies?

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:49 am

Simply put:

The colour components of urine, ie; Urochrome - Urocrythrin - and Urobilin, all react with Creatinine in the Distal Tube and formate a Systilic acid that when mixed with acetates in seawater and the formic oxides that emanate from neoprone, renders an acidic liquid that will eventually oxidise the wetsuit - and if that isn't the best bit of bullshit you've read this morning then I've missed something) Lazzer

Hound
Grommet

Post by Hound » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:49 am

It may feel chilly now, but those who've been in the real cold of winter ireland/uk etc. know that turning on the one bar heater brings on a feeling commensurate to sex.... well almost!!

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:05 am

Thank you kindly Wanto old veteran - and in addition:

Tufts of blood vessels filtered through the Glomerulus into the Bowmans capsule sometimes prevents the exit of urine through the afferent arterioles and this accumulation of debris can exacerbate the distillation of formic acids - hence the decay and rot about the Glycergionius Punctuates

Larry BE (Bullshit enhanced)

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:54 am

Hi Larry nice to have a bit of literary stercus circulating again......... :lol:

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:03 am

Thank you Johnno - and might I add that 120 mL of filtrate a minute passes through the Glomeruli Tubule and certain elements are absorbed by the bloodstream -

So , all in all - taking a long hot contained piss on a cold morning is a major chemical and physical event ~ questions will be asked later
laz

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:22 pm

That's it! Let's all now piss on Larry to see what effect the Glycergic Urichrome will have on his perverted flesh.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:34 pm

That's it you boofhead NC - I'm going to forget that you gave me letter of the month at Tracks about 15 years ago - I'm not even going to mention the 29 times you dropped on on me poor old crippled granny as she was learning to surf at Collaroy last year - plus I'm not telling anyone about how you were sprung sunbaking in the bol at north palm beach by mr t nathan (who was a local, of sorts, at the time) one sultry aftenoon last winter..

besides; Glysergic Urichrome doesn't have the latent properties to have any effect on floci adourours (the upper sheath of skin molecules) - I would have thought that this was common knowledge at Newport

laz (BE)