legalize it

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:21 pm

From memory one good thing about potheads is they don't usually start blues in pubs :D .

still here
charger

Post by still here » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:25 am

In some countries it is decriminalised or relatively legal (think Netherlands and Denmark-which happens to have highest GDP per capita in the world and is reknowned for innovations in all kinds of design , food technology and production , and shipping ) .

A lot of evidence shows that pot does not lead to widespread abuse and prolification of morons .
A percentage of the population will always have addictive personalities and they will find something else to take in any case .

Some countries or regimes impose their own views over all others and restrict a range of personal activities ...., and you know what we in the West think about that .

Alcohol Prohibition era in America did not work because it led to criminal activity in pursuit of easy profits , and because some people want to pursue lifes pleasures .

I agree that pot can damage lives and often does , but there are plenty of people that simply enjoy this vice occasionally without damaging other peoples lives .

Criminalising pot will simply push people to other vices such as excessive alcohol which by contrast can be more damaging to the individual and others around them .

A degree of individual choice ,
rather than a blanket ban .

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:16 am

They are pretty close to banning tobacco smoking. Good luck if you think decriminalisation is around the corner :o

Do you think the addictive craving part of bonging on is more to do with nicotine withdrawl than the actual dope in the mix :?:

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 pm

why does it need to be legalized?, do what ever you want whenever you want, learn about it yourself (dont always take for granted what you are told; BY ANYONE), try not to get caught, try not to harm others, and try to anticipate the possible outcomes. Life = Learning, some people do it the easy way some the hard... most people do a bit of both. Outlandish claims about what smoking mary jane will definitely do to you, discredits the validity of the argument, it is better to say: if you do this then this MAY POSSIBLYbe the result. By telling kids that drugs are bad and that you will most definitely die/ murder/ rape / become unemployed/ become mentally damaged if you take them, you risk the possibility that that kid will one day meet a person who is a responsible level headed full time employed morally stable casual drug user, and all of a sudden that kid totally disregards the states campaign of drug education as misinformation. The key to drug use and abuse management is truthful education, harm minimisation and finally rehabilitation.

http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/ndarc.nsf/website/home

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:08 pm

wanto wrote:
Beanpole wrote:They are pretty close to banning tobacco smoking. Good luck if you think decriminalisation is around the corner :o
thats either a bad joke, a poor attempt at installing fear or plain stupidity. that will never happen.
if it wasnt for the economical power that companies such as Phillip Morris and BAT have, and the fact that those companies are big contributors to major political party funding in this country and around the world, then I beleive that Tobacco smoking would of been outlawed a long time a go, this BS about smoke free areas and 1 room for smoking in pubs and clubs is the governments way of maintaining reasonable relations with big business whilst wrestling with the massive health issues that smoking causes for this countries citizens. Damn it!! it would be so much easier for me to quit smoking if i couldnt buy tobacco products on the corner of every single cross street in the country... I personally would be happy if tobacco was banned.

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:35 pm

Censored

:wink: :lol:

Didn't like that one............did see to fit at the time...... :lol:
Last edited by Johnno on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carbon
regular

Post by Carbon » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:37 pm

wanto wrote:
Beanpole wrote:They are pretty close to banning tobacco smoking. Good luck if you think decriminalisation is around the corner :o
thats either a bad joke, a poor attempt at installing fear or plain stupidity. that will never happen.
well let's see 2007 and smoking is banned from well pretty much everywhere...

also im with hawkeye on this, seen to many deadshit's do stupid thing's... just because they are so ripped they don't know what they are doing.

Pot has been linked to Schitzophrenia (Sp?).. and many other thing's
smnmntl wrote:Matty.... surfers don't talk to each other in the water because many of them are secretly gay and just want to bum each other off.

WANDERER
Owl status

Post by WANDERER » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:38 pm

yar all a bunch of chimps!!! hehehehe

streetdaddy
Local

Post by streetdaddy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:41 pm

Beanpole wrote:Do you think the addictive craving part of bonging on is more to do with nicotine withdrawl than the actual dope in the mix :?:
you east coast mixers would be crazy to think anything else...

Boozer
barnacle

Post by Boozer » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:10 pm

Smoking should be banned.

I know it would make it alot easier for me and the missus to give up.

It'll never happen. Not until the tobacco companies divest into something where they can make similar profits from a captive market.

Maybe we should let them supply mull. The Govt could still take their tax and excise. It'd still be cheaper. Think of the brands, Pall Mull, Mellow, Peter Schizofrenic.

maxi
charger

Post by maxi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:19 pm

The fragrance of weed reminds me of burnt pizza. Because every time I get high, I throw a pizza in the oven. And every pizza I've tried to bake have overbaked because I was baked. Then I'm sitting there contemplating, "Do I smell smoke? This is weird. I must be really high.
Last edited by maxi on Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maxi
charger

Post by maxi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:21 pm

People explain to me how much of a hazard weed is to their health. Yeah, it is. So are cars, knives, doors, dildos, guns, broken glass, everything is a hazard to your health. I'm wondering when people will stop being pussies and realize that life is a dangeous, hazardous, and risky place to live. If you don't smoke weed because of it's "health risk," you might as well live your whole life inside a cage, get fed intervenously, and never see sunlight or come in contact with anyone or anything. And no jerking it.

Every time a stoner goes to the hospital, it goes like this:

"Hey Doctor, I need serious help. I think I smoked too much weed and I'm having extreme shortness of breath because my lungs are collapsing"

"Hmm.. that very well be the case, son. Or.. perhaps it's because your mouth is full of burnt pizza."

"Oh, I thought that was my tongue."

So that's one possible reason to not smoke. Because it burns pizza. And I'll tell you how to fix that one right now:

Cook the pizza. THEN get high. There. Everyone wins.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:44 pm

maxi, you are evidence why people should not smoke. either that or you were just Born dumb. No offence intended if thats the case.

There is a diference between doing something that has the possiblity of harming you, and something that DOES.

snakes
barnacle

Post by snakes » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:48 pm

I'm going to go against the gain cos if thats the humor that results from choofing away, then bong on :lol: :arrow: :mrgreen:

maxi
charger

Post by maxi » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:59 pm

macca202 wrote:maxi, you are evidence why people should not smoke. either that or you were just Born dumb. No offence intended if thats the case.

There is a diference between doing something that has the possiblity of harming you, and something that DOES.
No offence taken Macca. :shock: Sometimes it's better to show the kids what can happen rather than tell them to "Just say no".