today 11-07

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 pm

Different spot and closer to home more or less just down the driveway. :lol:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:02 pm

fong wrote:diggers :?:
Nah................ but it is on the east coast, at the bottom of the driveway sort of :wink: :lol:

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:12 am

just got back from burls. banks were ok. superbank was filth but a zoo. but a quiet bank a few minutes boat ride off the coast had some bs barrels running its length, albeit only for a short time b4 wind destroyed.

ps. glad the carrolls don't know it or there'd be drop-ins galore, harumph ;) [bastard nick dropped in @ burls and didn't even know it ... turn your head man, turn your bloody head hehe! start a petition, keep the carrolls in sydney ... preferably with wanto at deadies bwahahahah]

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:31 am

you sould tell us where that beachie is mate ... keep in the spirit of things for ol' RS. ;)

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:35 am

don't try and put people off the scent mate .. we know it was manly ya cappuccino pony loving nb's yuppie. bwahahaha

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:50 am

Cliff, I came across a piece the other day where NC is credited with declaring that the first commandment of surfing is "Thou shalt not drop in".
I thought that was funny -I am sure NC would genuinely believe that rule should apply to most people most of the time. Me too.

But . . . really . . .it's the Goldy . . . burn or be burned unfortunately. And don't look. You can then genuinely say "Sorry mate, didn't know you were there".

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:30 am

burn, burn you say ...

i have my lighter primed and readyto sort out that whole "its the goldy and thats what happens" attitude ... first got my eye on that monstrosity of a highrise building at surfers. then the whole of cooly. then the palmy stretch ...
burn it all to the ground and start again. the fires of london all over. i'll give ya burn ... time to restart surfing civilization ... time to have a surfing pheonix rise from the ashes ... ah bugger it ... my pyro psychosis is coming back ... thx filth i can see the orange glow splashing over straddie a-frame peaks now as i slip into an empty barrell as others burn in surfing hell.

damned coffee, caffeine free latte next time

filthbarrel
regular

Post by filthbarrel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:48 am

That is the attitude of the disgruntled postal worker with access to high calibre weapons. You caould call that movie "The coast is clear".

Excellent.

Take 'em all out.

The give us a ring and let us know wehen"the coast is clear"

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:10 pm

Just don't swallow...................... :lol:

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:28 pm

Clif wrote:just got back from burls. banks were ok. superbank was filth but a zoo. but a quiet bank a few minutes boat ride off the coast had some bs barrels running its length, albeit only for a short time b4 wind destroyed.

ps. glad the carrolls don't know it or there'd be drop-ins galore, harumph
Poor Clif, you think we don't know it. We're just saving it up.

Now seriously folks ... I will not be tarred with my evil little brother's drop-in brush. Just so you can tell us apart: He's shorter than me, he's goofyfoot, and he's the one on the shoulder yelling happily, "Let's go together!" I'm the balding one on the inside, grimacing. :roll:

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Nick Carroll wrote: I'm the balding one on the inside, grimacing. :roll:
Powders do that............ :wink: :lol: :lol:

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:19 pm

on the 11th, i was here:

40 meters further north from here (same spot really) were headhigh powerful sucky barrels breaking on nothing. Not really anybody giving it a dig either.
That photos probably the clearest out of all the ones i got from my trip :cry:
but ill post up some pics in a new topic when i get the time. First time with an underwater camera so it was pretty fun.