wankers ...

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

fluffy

wankers ...

Post by fluffy » Tue May 17, 2005 9:16 am

this is a follow on from the 'leg rope free days' post where someone (nick caroll?) asked people to list what they thought made others a 'wanker' ... let's hear it ...

but first, i have noticed the following on these boards ...

**the majority on these forums seem to be upset that the surf industry tries to make surfers all look the same with the fashion styles, trends etc etc, but these same people seem to label anyone who acts 'differently' or shows individual style, a wanker**

any thoughts??

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 17, 2005 5:20 pm

Well I didn't necessarily mean "others".

What's the classic Aussie definition of "wanker"? It's bunging on a bit of a self-regarding act, as if to say "i'm the cream! Check me out!" It's occasion for a bit of light hearted fun, especially when the Wanker's act comes unstuck, as it so often does.

Guaranteed all surfers have been guilty of Wanking, even if it's just in the pose they use to attract members of the opposite sex: "Hey, I'm a Waterman", etc. Waterman! Now there's a wank if ever I heard one.

I've been guilty of that sooo many times. You know, striding down the beach on a big day, thinking I'm the Shit. It ALWAYS falls apart.

Come on, let's hear a few more.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue May 17, 2005 7:20 pm

if i change from bodyboarding to standup because i think it is cooler, then i would be a wanker. not that theres anything wrong with wanking :wink:

oh and wearing a cap (eg trucker hat backwards) in the water. Unless your on a mal, thats ok.

agc
regular

Post by agc » Wed May 18, 2005 7:47 am

i think guys who masterbate are wankers.

I only smoke after wanking... im a 20 a day man.
"And the way the rain comes down hard, that's how i feel inside..."

BB

Post by BB » Wed May 18, 2005 8:56 am

I agree with Nick here, true wankery is when the ego intrudes on the action causing immediate catastrophic consequences.....so it's not a permanent state, we've all been wankers and most of us will be again...but hopefully not in the water where we have all learnt to keep our egos under total control...haven't we?

schnorky
regular

Post by schnorky » Wed May 18, 2005 9:08 am

wankas often have a mo!!
Blah Blah Blah

matt...
charger

Post by matt... » Sat May 21, 2005 10:17 pm

macca202 wrote:if i change from bodyboarding to standup because i think it is cooler, then i would be a wanker. not that theres anything wrong with wanking :wink:

oh and wearing a cap (eg trucker hat backwards) in the water. Unless your on a mal, thats ok.
yeah but if you stay a booger - you're a wanker !
seriously...in my books wanker =:
guys who love themselves more than anything else - "king shit" syndrome...
guys who think their status in the lineup gives them a right to snake/drop in/etc every wave they want...
guys who think, that becuase they are successful $-wise, that they can surf like the rest of us, when they really belong in a surf school at bondi...

can chicks be wankers ?? or are they just bitches ???...
nature is a language. can't you read?
if you spend your life looking behind you, you don't see what's up front...

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Sat May 21, 2005 11:50 pm

fong wrote: please note i'm accident prone! 8) in any case get up to date, wankers went out , like two decades ago, TOSSER!
yeah because back then, wanking was something very frowned upon, but now-a-days (at least in my book) we are all wankers and proud of it :)

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Sun May 22, 2005 8:41 am

mauriceglynn wrote: I reckon one Johnno is going to know pretty soon is posting all sorts of great Coff's waves when its flat in Sydney only to go into the longest flat spell ever known in Coff's while Sydney has a record run of consistent good surf... its coming, you know it.
Hi mauriceglynn

Well the last one went for 3 years, and now we have finally seen some swell arrive over the last 6 months, so I'm a bit like my neighbours rooster with a pen full of hens and got something to crow about. :wink:

And after the last 3 years of crap that we have had to put up with here anything over 2 foot is going to look great, worst I've seen in 40 years of surfing.

As for wankers, we all at times put on a display just like that rooster next door, just add some chicky babies and watch the male chests pop out and strut their stuff.:lol: :lol: :lol:

The other classic is walking down the beach to go out for a surf with your leg rope on and tripping over it and going face first into the sand............... that makes you feel like a goose. :lol:

ferret69

Post by ferret69 » Sun May 22, 2005 11:23 am

Chicks can surely be wankers, tosser's, skanky hoes, etc. Especially Aussie chicks, the one's who walk around like supermodels when really they should be put out the back with the rest of the muts......

Get off your high horses ladies, or you will all end up 50, alone with 24 cats and no hope of getting a man...

Sorry this is just one big nut that gets my GOAT........

whitey
regular

Post by whitey » Sun May 22, 2005 12:10 pm

Being a Wanker is fun. As long as you dont do it seriously. Me and my mates always act like wankers, its fun. Like just randomly you mutter "Geeesss, Its so hard being this incredibly good looking" or as soon as two people talk to you at once, "theres just not enouh of the Ben Man to go around".... the only problem is my mates all know i am taking the piss, but other people dont. Ahh good times.
.whitey.
Oh and i dont actually think i am hot.....

eMpowered
Local

The MO

Post by eMpowered » Sun May 22, 2005 12:37 pm

I have a mo! I just started growing it a couple of months ago. Could'nt care less if you think im a wanker! Except of course I must agree with those hollywood guys and girls - Whats going on there, Are many of our teens/early 20's doing coke, or is the stick so far up they truelly think they are the bomb. Attitude of today's youth is interesting ( or again maybe just to much coke ) Remember folks - Confusious say " If one continues to try and beat the Jones's one will stay on coke till 40's or 50's and wonder what the $%&* happened"

mudguts
regular

Post by mudguts » Tue May 24, 2005 7:21 pm

a wanker = a pink t shirt and sweat bands on your arms, and spending more time and money on your hair than your missus does.

macca202
Harry the Hat

Post by macca202 » Tue May 24, 2005 7:27 pm

mudguts wrote:a wanker = a pink t shirt and sweat bands on your arms, and spending more time and money on your hair than your missus does.
i have another word for that