Swellnet and the culture of indigenous rape

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Larry
barnacle

Swellnet and the culture of indigenous rape

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 am

I've known Stu Nettle for many years ... we were both in the Kurungabaa start-up, a magazine and website that had surfing as its core. Good days.

Stu is now the editor of Swellnet, one of this country's most widely read and successful surfing websites and over the past couple of days has been allowing a few secrets through about what surfers do when they're not catching waves in the some if the Indo islands. Islands where the indigenous people don't have the money we do, don't have the luxury ocean cruisers, the comfort of surf camps or the funds to take a few weeks away from work to just have fun.

The following link is not pretty and neither is Swellnet's hands-off editorial management style. Ben Matson and Stu in particular.

WARNING : This post is not suitable to be read by an impressionable youngster, a female in particular.

https://petebowes.com/2020/03/24/swelln ... e-of-rape/

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Swellnet and the culture of indigenous rape

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:31 am

:-?
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 am

:B
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:33 am

Larry, I’m not your post needs the topless girl photos. Some might think you a sending a bit of a mixed message.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:49 am

Maybe you could explain what mixed messages you're getting at Foamy. I see two unashamed young African women in traditional dress. Their way of life thousands of years older than ours.

It takes a man to make a woman a whore.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:40 pm

Stu Nettle, the editor of Swellnet and longtime contributor here, just told me to f.ck off from his site. Apparently he worries more about my words than he does those of the degenerates he hosts.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 pm

Aussie convicts were telling each other to fcuk off long before they had sex with women.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Irish and English convicts, old sport. Helps to get it right in a discussion ... otherwise you come over as a dill.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm

Okay Larry, what exactly is your beef with Stu, that he's not sufficiently enraged that an abundance of randy young blokes stationed in the middle of nowhere had sex with a handful of willing but not particularly attractive women?
marauding mullet wrote:

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Larry wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:35 pm
Irish and English convicts, old sport. Helps to get it right in a discussion ... otherwise you come over as a dill.
The fact that almost everybody in Oz was a convict is quite a phenomena.
Everybody is plural. Ask Shearer.
marauding mullet wrote:

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm

offshore1 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm
Okay Larry, what exactly is your beef with Stu, that he's not sufficiently enraged that an abundance of randy young blokes stationed in the middle of nowhere had sex with a handful of willing but not particularly attractive women?
I'm interpreting that as randy young 'white' blokes gang-banging a handful of 'ugly black' women ... willing or not.

You tell me it doesn't read like that to a rational man, a family man, a man with daughters, granddaughters, a man who respects women. Then tell me the gang-banger is able to forget all about it and come home like it never happened.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm

To be honest, Laz, I think you're overreacting.
Do you have a good answer to what motivated the ten females to frequent an establishment filled with a hundred horny young soldiers?
marauding mullet wrote:

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Poverty.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Fair enough.
But life isn't fair. Never has been.
From Captain Cook's crew in Hawaii to my old mate Glenn and his mates in WWII London, young men are never going to pass up an opportunity for a root.
Ideally, they would be kind, generous and considerate to the amenable young ladies.
marauding mullet wrote:

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 pm

I'm not sure but I sort of feel Larry is reacting more to the fact that Swellnet is publicising the incidents for no apparent good reason.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 pm

You cannot be a spokesman for these men without having being one. And young men do pass up an opportunity to participate in a gang-bang. What I heard happened to a girl at Neilson Park in the late fifties has stayed with me for over sixty years.
She apparently welcomed about ten men before becoming comatose, which gave another ten the opportunity to satisfy themselves. She prolapsed, bled everywhere and was left for dead lying on the dirt with her dress around her neck.
The boys just went back to their cars and drove back to Bondi, when the girls down there found out what their boyfriends had done, they went back to pick her up and take her to hospital.

That’s why I took exception to the article ... that’s why misogynists like your Blowin rankle my feathers.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm

So here's the quote:

"Having not exactly been exemplary naval material I was sent for one year to the worst naval base in South Africa, Walvis Bay (then South West Africa) as punishment. Walvis Bay is a smelly, harbour shithole town in the middle of the desert full of conscripted naval, army, and air force personnel. The first weekend showed one dump of a club with a hundred men and ten foul local girls that have never had it so good."

The rest of the article talks about surfing.
Bit of a stretch, Larry, equating this statement with the gang rape in Neilson Park. But, yeah, that sounds awful.
marauding mullet wrote:

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 pm

It wasn't a gang rape .. she was a local foul girl who never had it so good until it all went bad. And if it's ok with you I'll pass on any further comment, your justifications are sickening me.