Cruise ship,Terminals and Otway raids!

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

BA
Duke Status

Re: Cruise ship,Terminals and Otway raids!

Post by BA » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:20 am

And on subject, build it, the GC is a shithole. Better still, build it at Byron.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:25 am

godsavethequeen wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 am
What about being a whiny little bitch about people who are being whiny little bitches? Is that ok? Christ it’s an absolute minefield

Offy I think you’re on to something. The unbearable pressure to be that taciturn brute at the barbie clearly represses the inner ponce, with cataclysmic consequences
Oh I’m aware of the irony. In my mind, the voice was a lot more gruff, not whiny.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:28 am

Oh mine too, BA, mine too. Masterful and authoritative, like a strapping six-footer with a huge bristling moustache
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:47 am

That's three foot Iggy scale with peachfuzz.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:12 am

offshore1 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:47 am
That's three foot Iggy scale with peachfuzz.
:-)(
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:14 am

BA wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 am
And if you don’t like Beany’s posts, BLOCK HIM. It’s that simple. But I get the impression people would rather whinge instead. It’s the Australian way. We’ve taken over the mantle from the poms.
At the risk of incurring your wrath by entering your domain of Simpsons and Family Guy references, i feel this is appropriate.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:32 am

Fasten your seat belts everyone, we're headed for the eye of the sun
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

Skipper
Duke Status

Post by Skipper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 am

i would just like to make clear, that any disinclination to contribute to this forum on my part, is exclusively due to dilemas of my own creation, and not any other member's.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 am

godsavethequeen wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 am
I'm sure there are people who scroll past my telegraphed attempts to shit-stir with a weary sigh or who get righteously furious when I patiently explain once more that Australians are preening uncultured yokels (present company excepted etc) and wish that I would just FUCK RIGHT OFF.
Love your gear Godsave, I just think you are unqualified to comment.
You've never been to Australia, right?

2 weeks flapping around head high Lohis dodging Israeli intermediates and Australian cube monkeys on Puddle Jumpers does not one an australian expert make.

Come do a tour of duty and pass judgement, I'm sure it will be more entertaining than a Bill bryson book.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am

Goddy's probably in bed asleep, dreaming of Byron Bay right now.
Wait till tomorrow morning, Greenwich Mean Time.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:19 pm

No Pants Lance wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:50 am
i would just like to make clear, that any disinclination to contribute to this forum on my part, is exclusively due to dilemas of my own creation, and not any other member's.

Nice one Skip.

Hope all is well.

Lucky Al
Duke Status

Post by Lucky Al » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm

I read this thread after a joint and a couple of beers last night and it was a real spin-out. I felt really sad for the nervy faun.

Wyre
Owl status

Post by Wyre » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 pm

Wow. Just, wow.

You go in to check a strangely named thread and find the whole thing going orf, in typical RS style.

Jeez jimmy, I find it strange that you rate everyone on here only based on how much they entertain/engage you. It's like you are Grandpa Simpson shaking his fist at the world. There are a lot of different people from disparate backgrounds on here, and I value them for their variety of contributions, advice and generally sharp sense of the ridiculous. Some make me laugh, there are some annoying aspects to others. Everyone I've met personally has been classic. Whaddya want? Let shit slide and get your kicks on other forums.

Anyone would think you came here looking for role models!
Sniff wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:46 am
I remember some wheelchair xylophonist getting all macho about how he liked to smash absolutely heaps of Weetbix before a hard day's roofing

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Good work, Jimbo. That's why I never ever take you seriously when you do your Mr Reasonable Skit.
Sorry, mate. So Nick spits a dummy.....if he did.....and your bossom buddy Braithy doesn't want to post on here. Fair enough. I'm not here for you or him.I've been reading interesting stuff and discussing interesting and funny things with people on here as usual. No more...no less.its been going along pretty well. I guess you don't like that.

It's not the annual TOTY attack session but youre setting yourself up well for next year. Not that you care.

Good to see Steve back.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

Slobadan Madicubich
Harry the Hat

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Last edited by Slobadan Madicubich on Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 pm

godsavethequeen wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 am
I know the point you're making jim. All I was doing was pointing out that Nick is apparently still around and abouts.

I'm a bit of a sad fucker so I think about this sort of stuff quite a lot, you know, what makes a forum tick. But then I stumbled across an old post of Nick's that expresses its essence far better than I could:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Like just have a think. This below is a typical [redacted] comment:
redacted wrote: Did I mention I bought a Waterman Fountain Pen in France?
There's a Flashback Tard conversation going on between me and Crabmeat, with shearer as a sort of ghost participant. The conversation is about pens. It is relevant to us because we all write for various publications on a part or full time basis and are thus Tardily committed to the minutiae of the task.

But [redacted]? He doesn't write for a living. Why in god's name would he decide to Tard Out with us by one upping it to some shitty fountain pen he bought in France? There's no point or purpose here. It just flopped forth like a fish you didn't really mean to catch.

Some may consider this the ultimate form of Tard but to me it's just kinda phoning it in. The mad energy of the born Tard is missing here.
Now, it doesn't matter who the [redacted] poster is. The key point is the Flashback Tard conversation and how it represents the 'thing' that makes a forum more than just a collection of words stacked on top of each other. But it is fey and delicate, this thing, a nervy faun nibbling tender saplings at the forest edge in the early morning dew, easily scattered by a lumpen fish gracelessly flopped forth. So I hear you when you call for more of this and less of that but then I think, Well who am I to say what's good or not? I'm sure there are people who scroll past my telegraphed attempts to shit-stir with a weary sigh or who get righteously furious when I patiently explain once more that Australians are preening uncultured yokels (present company excepted etc) and wish that I would just FUCK RIGHT OFF. And I also think, am I not acting like that camera crew who built the ramp out of snow to save the penguins, contravening the unwritten rule that nature must take its course no matter how many cute little Braithys are abandoned to their fate? Is there not a risk that if we strike Beanpole down now then he will become more powerful than we can possibly imagine?
Fcuking hell.....I've never read that. I'm so sorry for throwing a floppy fish into your musings on the finesse of pens used in your refined surf journo experience. There I was thinking it was funny the pen was a Waterman. Shit if I'd known how meaningful it was.......I would have still done it.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

jimmy
Snowy McAllister

Post by jimmy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Look I appreciate your points of view Wyre and Brett. As I said a couple of weeks ago. I’m sure Beans is a quite interesting bloke IRL. He’s been around. It’s the threadbombing that I don’t like.
You can paint me as the nasty guy but one of the funniest and most entertaining posters here was Braithy. And Nick was and hopefully will be again the fountain of knowledge that he has always been. It seems that Beans’ posting has been amplified since his run in with Iggy. But regardless, of whether or not he’s trying to prove a point on the thread bombing by increasing it. It’s retarded.
Shit even GS had a dig the other day. Maybe you should get a diary Beans?
Hatchnam wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm
How about tame down the scatter gun must consecutively post on every thread behaviour you compulsive mongoloid.
swvic wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:54 pm
Actually, that’s interesting. Take note, beanpole

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:56 pm

You've suggested that before, Jimbo.
Hate to point out the obvious.....but your rundown of disgruntled posters has a certain pattern to it which has been commented on before. You're buddies with Braithy....why do you give a Fcuk if he chooses to post on here or not. You can go and hang out with him as much as you like.
Actually haven't been posting that much lately.
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?