J-Bay Pro 2017

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

Hollowed out
regular
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Hollowed out » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 am

Rustt, I was sure I heard a commentator say the jet skis were fitted with Shark Shield technology. If so the images of that shark chilling out around and even under the ski is pretty clear evidence that SS is a hoax. All previous 'testing' stuff from SS is highly ambiguous and the latest images are pretty unique and based on SS propaganda the shark should have freaked out or at least been repelled in an obvious manner.
Not sure if Nick will comment based on little bros hip pocket but someone must have picked up on this.

User avatar
tootr
Owl status
Posts: 4723
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by tootr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:35 am

Some abalone divers have been smashed while carting around the industrial grade SS.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 17745
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Hollowed out wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 am
Rustt, I was sure I heard a commentator say the jet skis were fitted with Shark Shield technology. If so the images of that shark chilling out around and even under the ski is pretty clear evidence that SS is a hoax. All previous 'testing' stuff from SS is highly ambiguous and the latest images are pretty unique and based on SS propaganda the shark should have freaked out or at least been repelled in an obvious manner.
Not sure if Nick will comment based on little bros hip pocket but someone must have picked up on this.
I hadn't even thought about it! well caught hollowed. I'm not sure of Shark Shield's range but that shark didn't seem overly stressed and even showed mild curiosity when it was first approached. I'll see if I can have a chat to the ski driver who tracked the animal and get his read on it.

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 17745
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm

buddy wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:46 am
Just watched the replay of JJ & fred waves. That wasn't a 10 two days ago and surely after what Felipe did you would have thought they'd leave bit of room to move.
But in the context of that heat, I'd have expected anywhere from 8-9, so either way for the result I guess.
http://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/218 ... 10-barrier

Nick Carroll
Duke Status
Posts: 17745
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:12 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 am
Nick Carroll wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm
I try to think of these things a bit more loosely boo. Doing a lot of writing and research here and trying to surf my brains out, it's a grand combination I can tell ya.
It was just the opening sentence of the paragraph about Fred, which you used twice. Looked to me like you had that sentence and two draft paras.

Seems it isn't just the judges that are overly excited about his surfing.
Oh shit yes you are right. Tired at the time. Fixing.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20994
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:12 pm
alakaboo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:42 am
Nick Carroll wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:37 pm
I try to think of these things a bit more loosely boo. Doing a lot of writing and research here and trying to surf my brains out, it's a grand combination I can tell ya.
It was just the opening sentence of the paragraph about Fred, which you used twice. Looked to me like you had that sentence and two draft paras.

Seems it isn't just the judges that are overly excited about his surfing.
Oh shit yes you are right. Tired at the time. Fixing.

Boo used to charge me $5.00 per correction when he used to proof my work.
Drailed wrote:Sound like a load of cunts to me Trev.

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 15207
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by alakaboo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 pm

That's how I paid off my home loan in 4 years, and you can do it too!
Just send $4000 to [email protected] and I'll tell you how!
The peacock slowly shakes himself out in an act that could be mistaken as effortless were it not for the thought of his withholding a quivering.

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by BA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:56 pm

alakaboo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 pm
That's how I paid off my home loan in 4 years, and you can do it too!
Just send $4000 to [email protected] and I'll tell you how!
:lol:
crabmeat thompson wrote:we'll put him in a headlock and feed him a penis

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by BA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Toledo has the place wired. Sick of the claims, but the kid rips.
crabmeat thompson wrote:we'll put him in a headlock and feed him a penis

User avatar
saltman
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3455
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by saltman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Holy Toledo !!
crabmeat thompson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm
we need more doctors advocating anal sex!

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 10815
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Drailed » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Toledo just did to Jordy what I would do to Nick if me and him ever surfed Newport together. Destroy him and leave him floating there like a stunned mullet.
Last edited by Drailed on Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5088
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by BA » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:21 pm

:lol: I smell a surf-off. Iggy can judge.
crabmeat thompson wrote:we'll put him in a headlock and feed him a penis

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20994
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:41 pm

wilko - hangerz
Drailed wrote:Sound like a load of cunts to me Trev.

ctd
barnacle
Posts: 1450
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:49 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by ctd » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:09 pm

In gymnastics (Olympic stuff), they ended up with everyone getting 10s. So they had to reset the whole scoring system. Although of course gymnastics is easier to score, in a sense, because you know exactly what they are trying to do before they even start (and then you judge against what they were aiming to do).

Nick, should kelly be hired as a judge (well, assuming he wont be back this season)

What about as an announcer?

buddy
charger
Posts: 858
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by buddy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:07 pm
buddy wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:46 am
Just watched the replay of JJ & fred waves. That wasn't a 10 two days ago and surely after what Felipe did you would have thought they'd leave bit of room to move.
But in the context of that heat, I'd have expected anywhere from 8-9, so either way for the result I guess.
http://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/218 ... 10-barrier
Now, if Toledo was up against Jordy sitting on a perfect 20 and Toledo only had a 9.5 in the bank and then performed that 10 again, WSL would be forced to change something. As it stands we're going to see the same issues that we've seen for years coming up.
I would love to read the Brazzo comments on Facebook though.

Over55yrs
regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by Over55yrs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Now toledo spanking Julian.......he has to win the final (imagine the claiming)

User avatar
foamy
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3262
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by foamy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:52 pm

JJF at Margarets = Filipe at J-Bay
Last edited by foamy on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8606
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: J-Bay Pro 2017

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 pm

They should institute a no claim bonus in the scoring. I don't want to watch a final full of claiming
Erase.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests