princess margaret river pro

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Re: princess margaret river pro

Post by Drailed » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Depends on the size of his hands, aye Trev :wink: :wink: :wink:
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Brian Brainwave wrote:Lighten up teeeerevor.

Who doesn't like a little pinky peno?
Mate. He accused me of picking on him because he's (horrors​) English.
Just keeping him on his toes. :D:
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Re: princess marg gredaret river pro

Post by godsavetheking » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 am

The thing is, that Curren heat from a couple of years ago where he scored 10s and all us silly old cnuts got moist was nothing more than delightfully packaged nostalgia. Imagine a whole contest of it! The tedium! Pro surfing may have its faults but there's one thing that shouldn't even be up for discussion: it's a fcuk of a lot more entertaining to watch than it used to be. Go watch the countless hours of dreary old footage on YouTube if you don't believe me
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 am

godsavethequeen wrote:it's a fcuk of a lot more entertaining to watch than it used to be. Go watch the countless hours of dreary old footage on YouTube if you don't believe me

wow ... wales has cut off the oxygen to your brain. snapper was a battle of attrition for the viewer. goofy foots rinse and repeating one turn, 10 times down the point. and scoring nines! that wasn't even in the ballpark of entertainment.

you want footage? google heath joske at jbay in the QS event.

and then try and tell me, that kind of flair & style wouldn't be a welcome break from the ho-hum of neutered pro surfing now laid down before us.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:08 am

Advantage Brainwave.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Beerfan

Post by Beerfan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am

Totally, it's no different to your local. So many chop hopping flicks and "aerials" lol, but when you see someone surfing with a bit more rail line and flow, it's a hundred times more pleasing to watch than schizophrenic monkeys. And at the tour level, while the pros certainly do the flicky type surfing much better, it does not compare to say, Owen flying off the bottom at Fiji and scalping a violent and angry wave like its nothing, with speed and power, or a silky smooth parko cutback.

God save wears a skirt.

We all like different things I guess. Some like sleek powerful muscle cars, others prefer poncy 4 potters, with plasticky spoilers, wings and tacky rims.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

Didn't Heath Joske ride a singlefin in that comp?

Might be a way to liven up pro surfing.
Each round of a comp has different equipment. Eg single, twin, bonzer, thruster rounds.
That would be test of well rounded surfing skill.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:47 am

tootr wrote:Each round of a comp has different equipment. Eg single, twin, bonzer, thruster rounds.
Fark yes

Saying that though they would prob just pump and hack like they do on a thruster anyway

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:15 am

Green light for North point tomorrow. Bit south to be epic?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:32 pm

saltman wrote:
Drailed wrote:
tootr wrote:Each round of a comp has different equipment. Eg single, twin, bonzer, thruster rounds.
Fark yes

Saying that though they would prob just pump and hack like they do on a thruster anyway
there is an invitational comp in the maldives each year that runs just like that
Yep!

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:04 pm

saltman wrote:Here is the footage Prof Brainwave refers to - enjoy
saltman wrote:https://vimeo.com/46204687
Got it
the pleasure in watching surfing is about aesthetics as much as performance
So give me Heath Joskes J Bay hi line

i want to enter into the jbay qs event ... just to surf it with 3 others out and soul arch and get pitted.
Kunji wrote:

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Thu May 25, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

channels
Snowy McAllister

Post by channels » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:19 pm

North Point for Day 1 tomorrow. I think a few goofies might be a concerned tonight.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 pm

channels wrote:North Point for Day 1 tomorrow. I think a few goofies might be a concerned tonight.

Yesh especially if its big. Beau emmerton nearly drowned out there on an 8 ft day back in about 2004.
Kunji wrote:

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Brian Brainwave wrote:
channels wrote:North Point for Day 1 tomorrow. I think a few goofies might be a concerned tonight.
Yesh especially if its big. Beau emmerton nearly drowned out there on an 8 ft day back in about 2004.
Won't be big according to charts and those that talk about them for a living. They're saying the swell is too south.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 pm

Brian Brainwave wrote:

Mate, if the ocean takes you it takes you. Its what we live for.. you can't hold back for fear.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 am

Brian Brainwave wrote:
godsavethequeen wrote:it's a fcuk of a lot more entertaining to watch than it used to be. Go watch the countless hours of dreary old footage on YouTube if you don't believe me

wow ... wales has cut off the oxygen to your brain. snapper was a battle of attrition for the viewer. goofy foots rinse and repeating one turn, 10 times down the point. and scoring nines! that wasn't even in the ballpark of entertainment.

you want footage? google heath joske at jbay in the QS event.

and then try and tell me, that kind of flair & style wouldn't be a welcome break from the ho-hum of neutered pro surfing now laid down before us.
I tried to watch to the end of Heath's Dionysian hand jive masterclass, really I did. But then I vomited a little in my mouth and had to rush to the toilet. Look, I get it. The nasty old WSL came along and bought up the rights and suddenly our expectations for the sport went from fond indulgence of the surf co's amateur hour fumblings to demanding consumerism, almost over night, despite the WSL actually improving every single area of the product. And I know that mooning over turnless surfing provides validation for that strange breed of low intermediate with a quiver of "mid-lengths" and a thousand dollars of fins, but if we're to have a professional tour at all then it has to be at the pointy end of performance, right? Now you can say that the goofys were just doing the same turn over and over at Snapper and you may have a point. But, from the little I watched, those turns looked pretty critical. Without taking to the air, what more could they actually have done?

Now if you want to make an argument that pro surfers have become too good for non critical beach breaks then I might listen. But this suggestion that there exists a sub-tier of glorious expressiveness free from the CT's draconian shackles is frankly ludicrous
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 am

Joske's board is a thruster, yeah? Pretty short too? Surfed it pretty much how any pro would?

No breaky in bed, gstq? Happy b'day
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?