Snapper Quiky Pro 2017

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Re: Snapper Quiky Pro 2017

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Beanpole wrote:
Womble wrote:
Beanpole wrote:Yep.....I had a mate who reckoned he invented tow in boards.......twenty years before tow ins......and jet skis.
Maybe he meant toe-in boards ?
Funny you should say that....his point was he had dreamed of having footstraps on your board......so obviously that means he thought of it first. Someone else reckoned they taught Ray Gleave how to drop knee turn......that one was obvious bullcrap too.
A bloke called Jack was using footstraps on boards well over 30 years ago. Surfed the contest scene around the same time Daffy Cadden and Darcy were doing the rounds. Knacker Carroll would probably know him, or know of him. He's a good fella, and from memory his wife is closely related to the late Bobby Brown, the renowned southside longboard stylist that was tragically killed back in 1967.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Over55yrs
Harry the Hat

Post by Over55yrs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:02 pm

so maybe some insight to the Owen Wright injury on Australian Story on the ABC next Monday

http://www.swellnet.com/news/swellnet-d ... lian-story

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Should be a nice story

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 pm

Womble wrote:
Beanpole wrote:
Womble wrote:
Beanpole wrote:Yep.....I had a mate who reckoned he invented tow in boards.......twenty years before tow ins......and jet skis.
Maybe he meant toe-in boards ?
Funny you should say that....his point was he had dreamed of having footstraps on your board......so obviously that means he thought of it first. Someone else reckoned they taught Ray Gleave how to drop knee turn......that one was obvious bullcrap too.
A bloke called Jack was using footstraps on boards well over 30 years ago. Surfed the contest scene around the same time Daffy Cadden and Darcy were doing the rounds. Knacker Carroll would probably know him, or know of him. He's a good fella, and from memory his wife is closely related to the late Bobby Brown, the renowned southside longboard stylist that was tragically killed back in 1967.
My old mate Rockerdick had the same idea as I said.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?