attack of the tinned tomatoes

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Post by Curly_Cat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:10 am

haha there the zoots
Curly Rules

Larry
barnacle

Post by Larry » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:52 am

Sometimes someone does something to another someone that the other someone finds utterly unforgivable - and unforgettable - because their instinct to hate is bedded hard into their character -

Later on others join in just for the fun of it - It's just as easy to terrorise a home as it is to smash shop windows - or use the web to harass someone you don't know - anyway Squid .. that's my thinking

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:04 am

I sort off landed in DY in 74 and moved up here in 1990, news to me. And we had a few guys from Curlie in DY surfing fraternity at the time and it wasn't something that ever came up in conversation in the time I was there.

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:18 am

I've saw another article in Manly Daily about them a while ago as well (maybe around xmas). Apparently people come from all over (e.g. hornsby etc.) just to throw stuff at their house :?:

I wondered the same thing - did they (or their family) do something 'very wrong' or is it just a perpetuation of one persons/families dislike for another, or some practical joke or whatever that occurred in the past and has just been perpetuated and developed a life of its own.

It sounds like they haven't moved house in the whole time which probably hasn't helped ...

You'd be a bit annoyed if you didn't know about it and found out you'd just bought the house next door wouldn't you. :lol:
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:23 am

Even worse bought the one they are living in :shock:

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:53 am

Sadly from what I have also heard is that is has become a house that kids get dared to do stuff to, it also probably doesn't help that the Manly Daily does a story on them every couple of years and mentions the address.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Johnno
Harry the Hat

Post by Johnno » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:03 am

Hi Spoon Quote Manly Daily does a story on them every couple of years and mentions the address.

Could be a bit of work there for a smart money hungery lawyer :lol:

Curly_Cat
Grommet

Post by Curly_Cat » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:30 am

i only kno about them bcoz i live two streets away merkin u fukin retart...
Curly Rules

the kalakau kid

Post by the kalakau kid » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:32 am

well, lets hope the cops can get to the bottom of it. Will make enquiries through a contact that I have.

Sounds pretty nasty to me though. Whatever the origin back in the '70s, this type of suburban bullying really indicates the very base level of intellect in its perpetrators.

BB

Post by BB » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:58 am

From what I have heard over the years this never had anything to do with surfing or the local surf culture. It started when they were at school and just developed into a tradition amongst the more moronic sections of the local community.......most of whom would be more likely to be found at the pub or under a rock than in the water.

seahag
regular

Post by seahag » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:35 pm

just by coincidence I have recently re-read Lord of the Flies. Looks like the tribal mind is alive and well on teh Northern Beaches
Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.
Chuck Norris

Deadbolt
Local

Post by Deadbolt » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:58 pm

On the topic of Lord Of The Flies has anyone seen the movie? Possibly the funniest scene of all time is when the fat kid gets hit by the boulder and it kind of bounces of him. Comedy gold.