Shark attacks in the Northern Rivers: the list

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Re: Shark attacks in the Northern Rivers: the list

Post by Yuke Hunt » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:42 am

Back to list. Heres some shark stuff I caught in my inter-net, as opposed to me deter-net.

http://www.sharkattackdata.com/country- ... /australia
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:14 pm

saltman wrote:
Womble wrote:Back to list. Heres some shark stuff I caught in my inter-net, as opposed to me deter-net.

http://www.sharkattackdata.com/country- ... /australia

Thanks looks like surf tourism to Norfolk is a real opportunity

Interesting WA and NSW trends are almost identical
I'd hazard a speculative rough guess the growth rates are a little more than population growth, people taking up surfing, and social media crap combined.

Yuke Hunt
Duke Status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:10 am

tootr wrote:I'd hazard a speculative rough guess the growth rates are a little more than population growth, people taking up surfing, and social media crap combined.
Something else to consider is that the data contains only confirmed attacks. It does not make reference to near misses or what they're calling encounters, and theres been a ship-load of shark "encounters" up here of late.

(yes I could have written up here lately, but no)
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.