Surf beach suggestions for beginner - Sydney

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

aaarating
regular

Re: Surf beach suggestions for beginner - Sydney

Post by aaarating » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:24 am

HappyCamper wrote:How would Cronulla go for a beginner and is there a particular end that's more suitable? Bear in mind we're talking about a 10 year old surfing. It's far closer than Manly and anything northern so it sounds ideal. I also have a 4WD so the beach beyond Greenhills is also accessible.
I'm not having a go at you mate. But I do find it a bit implausible that living relatively close to the Shire you haven't say once driven down to Shark Park to see the local derby and maybe continued along Captain cook drive for a km or two. Take a right at the roundabout then left at my old high school and head up the hill. When you get to the top, slow down and glance left. The rest is just common sense. But get your kid onto it quick because the deadshit council and rapacious developers are fast tracking the place into Sydney's newest beachside suburb.

Cranked
Duke Status

Re: Surf beach suggestions for beginner - Sydney

Post by Cranked » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:52 am

Any of the cronulla beaches, preferably between the flags as they identify the safest zones at any one time. Talk to a lifeguard if in doubt.
Maybe get her into nippers if she's keen

The botany bay beaches may also be a close, safe option in the beginning
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan