Quiver thread

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Re: Quiver thread

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 am

Beerfan wrote:
Braithy wrote:Channel Islands are giving a 12mth warranty with their flex bars ... Dave gave a 12 month warranty with his dynocores too. I remember i put my head through a rail in a punchy swell down at casuarina on my dynocore, and Dave fixed it no questions asked.

he just said that must have really hurt your head. I reckoned I had a concussion. haha
Dave is a top bloke and not like the Mega mass board producers. Never got to try one of his hi tech boards. Had a 7'2" of his though. He's in Indo now isn't he?

I think he's back? He's selling his boards at Sideways surf. He had some super sweet looking twins on his facebook that were at sideways just before Xmas. A mate said they sold out in like 3 days ...
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:36 am

Maurice Cole is one of the shapers making boards in that newfangled Hydroflex tech, 3D glass, epoxy etc.
Supposed to be very strong for weight.

http://www.hydroflex-surfboards.com

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 am

It's interesting you mention the weight of those Slater/Tomo/FW's Braithy because I had the same impression when I fondled them up.....wow, this is a lot heavier than I would have expected. Felt as heavy as my poly shorties.

Had a good up close and personal look at Willsy ripping the pass a new one on a Slater Omni the other day. Effortless speed and fluidity .......I don't know though there's just something about the arcs those boards draw that just doesn't appeal to my eye.....they always look cut short
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:31 am

They're pretty hard to hurt, those little Tomo FWs. They don't snap easily partly because they're so short and the outlines are so compressed, and the lamination is super effective and tough. They surf short when you turn 'em off the outline/fins -- almost feel like a single fin then -- but when you let them run out, or turn off the rocker lines, they'll do a longer turn no worries.

oh and gstq, I think you should just dispense with the carrying method and just drag the fcuken thing behind you by the legrope

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:08 am

Nick Carroll wrote:oh and gstq, I think you should just dispense with the carrying method and just drag the fcuken thing behind you by the legrope
On the head, fins down tail first. Then trip over your leggie and head plant into the fins.

I've seen it happen - at a surf school. So it was a softboard.

Trev
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Trev » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:11 am

Yeah. And make sure your leggie is attached to your leg before you leave the car.
Beanpole
You aren’t the room Yuke You are just a wonky cafe table with a missing rubber pad on the end of one leg.

Skipper
I still don't buy the "official" narrative about 9/11. Oh sure, it happened, fcuk yeah. But who and why and how I'm, not convinced it was what we've been told.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Nick Carroll wrote: oh and gstq, I think you should just dispense with the carrying method and just drag the fcuken thing behind you by the legrope
Missed you big guy xxx

On an unrelated note, how lovely is it to see the trans movement finally gaining some traction in Australia?

Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

diggerdickson
barnacle

Post by diggerdickson » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Braithy wrote:felt up a slater designs/tomo omni ... jeez it's light and sleek and balanced.

it for passes the under the arm test. not sure i'd ever drop money to buy one though. it's kinda not a groveller and made for better waves (with shape). but if i'm in better waves, i want an old faithful shape that i know will get me to where i need to be on a wave.
I hear ya on that one braithy
no, Im not a surfer, Im just a garbage man".

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 am

godsavethequeen wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote: oh and gstq, I think you should just dispense with the carrying method and just drag the fcuken thing behind you by the legrope
Missed you big guy xxx

On an unrelated note, how lovely is it to see the trans movement finally gaining some traction in Australia?

ummm.....jesus.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:45 am

Chick second from left almost looks like a dude. The rest are good doggy rootable.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 am

Love the jewelry.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 am

offshore1 wrote:Chick second from left almost looks like a dude. The rest are good doggy rootable.
:lol:

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:54 am

Can I just make it crystal clear that my comment was aimed solely at the gurning beauty in the pink bra. The one that the three lovely ladies are subtly trying to edge away from
Beanpole wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:48 pm
To tell the truth eggs are one thing I avoid buying when I’m grocery shopping. So you may say I’m an intermittent egg buyer who usually lets someone else buy them.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:18 am

Can somebody please Photoshop the top of that picture onto the yellow boardshorts image?

tootr
Duke Status

Post by tootr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 am

Newport team entry in the Coxless Fours?

aaarating
regular

Post by aaarating » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:44 am

Could the weight of all those medals caused the bike shorts to slip down a little too far for modesty purposes? We should all remember that the 'Harry Highpants' look is considered most appropriate for the (ahem) mature age gentlemen amongst us. Either that or a nice modest one piece costume. Could have borrowed one from Westerlia.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:00 am

"Who likes short shorts?"

"We like short shorts"

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 am

Engine Room clearly identified.
Put your big boy pants on