Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
Wyre
Harry the Hat
Posts: 2541
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Wyre » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 am

Blood-up and get out there son!
godsavethequeen wrote:I wonder if reg is still thrashing the neighbour's elderly poodle with his wattle branch.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27591
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:56 am

just waiting for the tide to drop a bit.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16073
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Drailed » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:41 pm

Its the ocean guys there are sharks in it. If you don’t like it take up slot car racing instead.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27591
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:52 pm

Looks like I was right.

DPI advise 2.39m White Shark tagged and released from SMART drumline at BOULDER NORTH, Lennox Head at 10:42 am on 2 Aug 2019.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16073
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Drailed » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Always been there Steve, get off the app and stop being hysterical.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
Legion
Duke Status
Posts: 14555
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Legion » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm

...
Last edited by Legion on Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 16073
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Drailed » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Legion wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm
Ah, Friday loofy. I went a bit Friday loofy myself today irl.
Nah mate, just sick of the bullshit aye.Taste the water, if it's salty and aint coming out the end of your cock there are probably sharks living in it. Sick of all these cnuts carrying on like a bunch of fccckn bitches
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 24911
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by crabmeat thompson » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:38 pm

this post ^^ has 'bender' and 'nose beers' written all over it.


:lol:
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8315
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by BA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:35 pm

Drailed wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:31 pm
Legion wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:48 pm
Ah, Friday loofy. I went a bit Friday loofy myself today irl.
Nah mate, just sick of the bullshit aye.Taste the water, if it's salty and aint coming out the end of your cock there are probably sharks living in it. Sick of all these cnuts carrying on like a bunch of fccckn bitches
:lol:

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9186
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by tootr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Hmmmm.
Maybe it’s just a fascinating topic to some.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27591
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Loof would shitt his pants and cry like a little baby if he got within ten miles of a shark.

he's probably shit scared of spiders and snakes as well.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

channels
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 5368
Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 4:36 pm
Location: Northen Beaches

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by channels » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:38 pm

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:38 pm
this post ^^ has 'bender' and 'nose beers' written all over it.


:lol:
If it's good quality stuff, Nosé

User avatar
Wubic Pig
barnacle
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Wubic Pig » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:14 pm

steve shearer wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:52 pm
Looks like I was right.

DPI advise 2.39m White Shark tagged and released from SMART drumline at BOULDER NORTH, Lennox Head at 10:42 am on 2 Aug 2019.
At the risk of asking a dumb question how the fcuk do you get the hook out of the mouth of a 2.39m GWS? Or do you? Is it barbed? What do they use for bait? How many hooks per drum line? What breaking strain is the line? Do sharks ever drop dead waiting to be released? Do they catch other fish on the lines?

More to come...
Drailed wrote:just carry on being an offensive cock on the internet.

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 9186
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by tootr » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm

About a dozen other shark species caught, two marlin, and a couple of tangled turtles.

Mortality very low, less than 2%.

Once you put a tail rope on a shark, it will be settle down.

Assume they use a whole mullet for bait.

Mild steel Circle hooks used, very effective in hooking in the side of the jaw. If they can’t lever it out assume they cut off the trace, and the hook will drop out or rust away pretty quick.

What they don’t disclose is how many drum lines have broken or have the hooks straightened when a big one hits it.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
Wubic Pig
barnacle
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by Wubic Pig » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Awesome - thanks for that. And next surf I'm taking some rope. Just in case.
Drailed wrote:just carry on being an offensive cock on the internet.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 27591
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by steve shearer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:02 pm

whole mullet or stingray flaps.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 8315
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by BA » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 pm

tootr wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:39 pm
About a dozen other shark species caught, two marlin, and a couple of tangled turtles.

Mortality very low, less than 2%.

Once you put a tail rope on a shark, it will be settle down.

Assume they use a whole mullet for bait.

Mild steel Circle hooks used, very effective in hooking in the side of the jaw. If they can’t lever it out assume they cut off the trace, and the hook will drop out or rust away pretty quick.

What they don’t disclose is how many drum lines have broken or have the hooks straightened when a big one hits it.
I often hear they’ll “rust away pretty quick”. How quick is pretty quick?

User avatar
The Mighty Sunbird
Duke Status
Posts: 14290
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: Pogo's

Re: Nth NSW sharks. Can they p!ss off already?

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Stingray flaps wtf
Erase.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests