Jeffreys Bay Pro 2015

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Jeffreys Bay Pro 2015

Post by foamy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Oh, it's on.
BA wrote:J'Bay's looking like South Curl Curl.
BA wrote:Slater smashing it on what appears to be a normal board suited to the conditions. WTF?
Last edited by foamy on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BA
Duke Status

Re: Jeffreys Bay Pro 2015

Post by BA » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:43 pm

It's now looking like Freshy on a really crap day.

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Slater now has one or two brilliant heats in him per contest before the implosion.

He has been surfing a lot around here for training and looking insane.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Well it looks like that was his one brilliant heat. He had it wired and the board looked perfect for the conditions. He even got one straight into the keyhole and basically got off his board onto the sand.

Donweather
Harry the Hat

Post by Donweather » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:58 am

steve shearer wrote:He has been surfing a lot around here for training and looking insane.
On Tomos from what I hear?

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:19 am

Mostly. Yeah. Mixing it up though.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Elmako
Grommet

Post by Elmako » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:13 am

and still no sponsors for the commercial breaks...

Gumby
regular

Post by Gumby » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:17 pm

DeSouza so close to getting knocked out, but won at the death. Damn it!
Great effort by the local kid though.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:24 pm

Desouza is an annoying cnt to watch but out the water he seems like a really nice guy. I remember seeing him at maroubra and he was really humble and friednly
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Gumby
regular

Post by Gumby » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Yeah I get that impression too. He deserves his current ranking, but geez I wanted him to get bumped out to give guys like Owen a solid crack at the top for the back half of the season.
Ditto for Toledo.

Gumby
regular

Post by Gumby » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Gumby wrote:Yeah I get that impression too. He deserves his current ranking, but geez I wanted him to get bumped out to give guys like Owen a solid crack at the top for the back half of the season.
Ditto for Toledo.
By that I meant for Toledo to get knocked out too, not for him to be at the top.
He's made watching air-reverses about as exciting as eating pickled cabbage now.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:45 pm

Smmmntntnl - can you please repost that narrative you gave when you met a pro surfer on the northern beaches...

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:17 pm

smnmntl wrote:
Natho wrote:I have surfed with Davo a few times out at Newport Peak recently. I found him to be very respectful in the line up, and he in fact gave me a few waves that he clearly has priority for. He even made the effort to have a chat in the line up and came accross as just a normal guy who was in fact very friendly
I had a similar experience. I'm out at North Narra and he says g'day to me even though he's never met me in his life. Calls me onto a couple of bombs that he has priority on, then when I paddle back out he tells me he really likes my surfing style.

Next thing we're both paddling for the same wave, with Davo on the inside. I hear him yelling and think he's calling me off the wave, but when I look over, I see he's inviting me to drop in on him. So I drop in, and he eats shit going over the falls, but then comes up smiling & giving me the thumbs up. "Nice one dude" he says.

Then he asks me if I'd like to come back to his place after the session for a beer & something to eat. Sounds great but I have to be somewhere else, so I say no thanks & get the next wave in. Next thing I know, he's followed me up to the car park & wants to give me his phone number, says I can drop by any time. Tells me his girlfriend is really cute and I can have sex with her any time I like.

Well, you can imagine I'm not going to pass up an opportunity like that, so it's back to his place, where I root his girl all afternoon, and when we're finished, Davo has cooked us a full roast dinner & uncorked a few bottles of Grange. Hours later it's time to leave, and before I go, he takes me out to the garage & where he keeps his boards, tells me to take my pick. So we strap the board to my car, and noticing I'm a bit pissed, he offers to drive me home, in my car, after which he gets a taxi back to NN.

Next day I find he's transferred all his money into my bank account.

Davo is a great guy.
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:36 pm

:lol:

Elmako
Grommet

Post by Elmako » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:03 pm

Taj Burrow loosing edge on fatherhood prospects and already loosing his edge :-D-: :-D-: :-D-:

I can relate...

Elmako
Grommet

Post by Elmako » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:21 pm

scared on fatherhood I meant to say...

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 pm

For the modest forecast, the surf is surprisingly good. The last heat, Otten vs Andre, had some real quality comp surfing.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm

:-D-: :-D-:

Thanks Iggy, cracks me up every time...

Hatchnam wrote:
smnmntl wrote:
Natho wrote:I have surfed with Davo a few times out at Newport Peak recently. I found him to be very respectful in the line up, and he in fact gave me a few waves that he clearly has priority for. He even made the effort to have a chat in the line up and came accross as just a normal guy who was in fact very friendly
I had a similar experience. I'm out at North Narra and he says g'day to me even though he's never met me in his life. Calls me onto a couple of bombs that he has priority on, then when I paddle back out he tells me he really likes my surfing style.

Next thing we're both paddling for the same wave, with Davo on the inside. I hear him yelling and think he's calling me off the wave, but when I look over, I see he's inviting me to drop in on him. So I drop in, and he eats shit going over the falls, but then comes up smiling & giving me the thumbs up. "Nice one dude" he says.

Then he asks me if I'd like to come back to his place after the session for a beer & something to eat. Sounds great but I have to be somewhere else, so I say no thanks & get the next wave in. Next thing I know, he's followed me up to the car park & wants to give me his phone number, says I can drop by any time. Tells me his girlfriend is really cute and I can have sex with her any time I like.

Well, you can imagine I'm not going to pass up an opportunity like that, so it's back to his place, where I root his girl all afternoon, and when we're finished, Davo has cooked us a full roast dinner & uncorked a few bottles of Grange. Hours later it's time to leave, and before I go, he takes me out to the garage & where he keeps his boards, tells me to take my pick. So we strap the board to my car, and noticing I'm a bit pissed, he offers to drive me home, in my car, after which he gets a taxi back to NN.

Next day I find he's transferred all his money into my bank account.

Davo is a great guy.