Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23954
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:47 am

I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6727
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by tootr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am

Not bad, but disappointed you couldn’t get a reference to rinsed tomatos or duck crockery in there.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

carvin marvin
charger
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: 1/2 way between the perineum and the scrotum

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by carvin marvin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 am

Thud wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:34 pm
Drailed wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:31 pm
Lennox surf rage in the Daily Mail now....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... water.html
Ohhhhhhh juicy.
Does this Mark Thomson character also call himself 'the Lennox lizard'

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3351
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 pm

But seriously, this wasn't a full scoring WSL event, right?

I wonder if Kelly would have turned up if the pool wasn't his. I doubt it.
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

User avatar
Kunji
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23221
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:10 am
Location: 40 - nil

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Kunji » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm

There were some highlights on the big screen at a pub i was at briefly over the weekend and people were laughing at it. Looks crook.
------------

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6727
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by tootr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Pulled out of the next event apparently.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3351
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Typical
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

Yuke Hunt
Owl status
Posts: 4952
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:11 pm

tootr wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm
Pulled out of the next event apparently.
Joking right ?
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20141
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Nick Carroll » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Thud wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 pm
But seriously, this wasn't a full scoring WSL event, right?

I wonder if Kelly would have turned up if the pool wasn't his. I doubt it.
Why the fcuk do you reckon I went there? First pool CT since Allentown.

Here's some reporting I did

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

I thought it had promise but surprise surprise.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3351
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 pm

I was being facetious man

Thanks I'll read these today with the other RS's
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

User avatar
BA
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6610
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:03 pm
Location: tits

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by BA » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 pm
Thud wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 pm
But seriously, this wasn't a full scoring WSL event, right?

I wonder if Kelly would have turned up if the pool wasn't his. I doubt it.
Why the fcuk do you reckon I went there? First pool CT since Allentown.

Here's some reporting I did

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

https://www.coastalwatch.com/surfing/25 ... at-lemoore

I thought it had promise but surprise surprise.
As pointed out to Steve, no mention of the tomato rinsing factory? Points deducted, but otherwise a good read.

BTW, best part of this morning was seeing Strider get clipped in the head by that end tube.
Purveyor of fine bitches since 2004.

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 13508
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Drailed » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Still no article from Steve re the surf rage incident at Lennox. What's the hold up Steve?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 4064
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by saltman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Actually I think there on to something with the live commentary while riding
Extra points for literary entertainment value
imagine
Ace reciting James Joyce
Wilko doing racey limericks or sea shanties
A bit of freestyle rapping from Medina
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3351
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm

Steph reading Baudelaire. Nice touch.
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23954
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Drailed wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 pm
Still no article from Steve re the surf rage incident at Lennox. What's the hold up Steve?
Nothing to add at this point Loof.

I will be attending the court hearing.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

User avatar
tootr
Snowy McAllister
Posts: 6727
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 am
Location: orstrayleeyah

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by tootr » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Wise to keep schtum.
The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Sometimes I visit here and feel like I've inadvertently stumbled into a gay sauna
"Drailed" wrote: Go Eastern Suburbs!! Yaaaayyyyyy!!!

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 32588
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 pm

saltman wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 pm
Actually I think there on to something with the live commentary while riding
Extra points for literary entertainment value
imagine
Ace reciting James Joyce
Wilko doing racey limericks or sea shanties
A bit of freestyle rapping from Medina
I was hoping for some Gabriel Garcia Marques.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23954
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Marquez.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests