Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Butts, beach_defender, Shari, collnarra, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 32208
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Counting fins

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Beanpole » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:24 pm

:lol:

Yuke Hunt
Owl status
Posts: 4906
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm

Dusty Dusty or Payne Pain ... Seems pretty heavy.

https://www.tracksmag.com.au/news/dusty ... oor-480757
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Broken jaw
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20128
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Nearly drowned. Be in hospital till his lungs clear.

Someone else died at Rocky Pt, they haven't released the ID yet, I am dreading it

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 4012
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by saltman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

buddy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 pm
I usually take a shorty and a log, or a shorty and a step up. Leave one in the car.
You have 3 wives??
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

buddy
barnacle
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by buddy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am

They get a bit pissed about the temperature when I lock em in.

Yuke Hunt
Owl status
Posts: 4906
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: Uncrowded

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Yuke Hunt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am

saltman wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am
buddy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 pm
I usually take a shorty and a log, or a shorty and a step up. Leave one in the car.
You have 3 wives??
He said log, not dog !
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Slobadan Madicubich
barnacle
Posts: 1571
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Northern Beaches Council lift the beach booze ban for The Australian open of Surfing & plan to turn the beach front into a beer garden.
Some may have issues with this but I say Oi Oi Oi. + the smokers will have glass bottles to put there butts in, a win for the enviroment

Rustt
barnacle
Posts: 1767
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Rustt » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:55 am

There is a lot of froth on swell net about swell bomb heading our way, looks very iffy, onshore medium swell. Maybe if the wind backs off in the evening.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am

Slobadan Madicubich wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm
Northern Beaches Council lift the beach booze ban for The Australian open of Surfing & plan to turn the beach front into a beer garden.
Some may have issues with this but I say Oi Oi Oi. + the smokers will have glass bottles to put there butts in, a win for the enviroment
Will they have live on Corso betting as well. Awesome!! It's going to be the Melbourne Cup of surfing. Drunk fatties in tight dresses throwing up on the sand to the backdrop of onshore 1ft dross. Surfing finally gets with the program. I suggest the last post is played before every event.
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

alakaboo
Duke Status
Posts: 17143
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by alakaboo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 am

Every heat.

User avatar
crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23934
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm
Location: good fanks

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by crabmeat thompson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:51 pm
Nearly drowned. Be in hospital till his lungs clear.

Someone else died at Rocky Pt, they haven't released the ID yet, I am dreading it

Mikey Ho was talking about. died when someone bailed their board and it hit this guy right in the head, knocked him out and he sank to the bottom.
steve shearer wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
You are both absorbing salt and urinating.

User avatar
steve shearer
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 23814
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by steve shearer » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:31 am

Heavy.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand
Posts: 20128
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:29 am
Location: Newport Beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 am

Glen Jeans, real good surfer, old friend/acquaintance god damn it.

User avatar
Thud
Harry the Hat
Posts: 3170
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Thud » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 am

That's terrible and so unlucky
The good deeds a man has done before defend him.

User avatar
saltman
Owl status
Posts: 4012
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:52 pm
Location: a short walk up the beach

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by saltman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am

When you consider the crowd factor, the heavy waves and number of waves ridden on the north shore
its a miracle it doesn't happen more often

Probably speaks to the high level of competence of surfers there
steve shearer wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Loof is just projecting again, he's been eating his own semen since the age of 10.

Drailed
Duke Status
Posts: 13375
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 am

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Drailed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 am
Glen Jeans, real good surfer, old friend/acquaintance god damn it.
That sucks Nick, even more so considering it was someone elses board that hit him.

Commiserations to all concerned.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Slobadan Madicubich
barnacle
Posts: 1571
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Slobadan Madicubich » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Thud wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:04 am
Slobadan Madicubich wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm
Northern Beaches Council lift the beach booze ban for The Australian open of Surfing & plan to turn the beach front into a beer garden.
Some may have issues with this but I say Oi Oi Oi. + the smokers will have glass bottles to put there butts in, a win for the enviroment
Will they have live on Corso betting as well. Awesome!! It's going to be the Melbourne Cup of surfing. Drunk fatties in tight dresses throwing up on the sand to the backdrop of onshore 1ft dross. Surfing finally gets with the program. I suggest the last post is played before every event.
Aristocrat to unveil a surfing themed pokie at the event

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests