Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Cranked
Duke Status

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by Cranked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am

Should be an interesting decision if it goes to court.

I can't see that a magistrate would take into account any of the rules of the surfing canon as justification for a violent assault.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

aaarating
regular

Post by aaarating » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 am

I was assaulted in Byron too. Assaulted by the total fuckwittery of the strong appeal of the 'legend' of the regions past glory that are long since dead and buried.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:49 am

Cranked wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am

I can't see that a magistrate would take into account any of the rules of the surfing canon as justification for a violent assault.
Not a chance. Otherwise everyone who commits road rage because they were 'cut off' or because some guy look at 'their girl' the wrong way would have an excuse. Just plead 'but those are the rules, according to me, and the guy I punched broke the rules'.

Probably up for a civil claim as well.

If the victim was a tourist and the perp a local, would be an interesting dynamic if the tourist ever surfed there again. For all I know the local was notoriously disliked and the tourist gets the head nod of 'thanks, I wanted to do that but couldnt step up'. Or the tourist just never catches a clean wave ever again.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:51 am

He may go jail. Assault with a deadly weapon (unless it was a mini mal)

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:55 am

Listen you dumb cnuts. The local bloke dropped in on the non local. The non local called him off and then the local speared him.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 am

Surf rage is weird enough, but the way the line up reacts is interesting to observe. Must people stare like a pack of wolves waiting for something to happen and then quietly paddle away.

Because of the mix of cultures in Sydney it get's interesting. I've seen a few foreign guys blow up when told to fuck off after dropping in. They are completely offended that someone called them a name and they lose it even though they were in the wrong. It's like a lot,if not all, don't expect to be whacked for being verbally aggressive, even though it was their bad to start!!

aaarating
regular

Post by aaarating » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:58 am

Davros wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 am
Surf rage is weird enough, but the way the line up reacts is interesting to observe. Must people stare like a pack of wolves waiting for something to happen and then quietly paddle away.

Because of the mix of cultures in Sydney it get's interesting. I've seen a few foreign guys blow up when told to **** off after dropping in. They are completely offended that someone called them a name and they lose it even though they were in the wrong. It's like a lot,if not all, don't expect to be whacked for being verbally aggressive, even though it was their bad to start!!
You mean there are foreign guys surfing in the eastern suburbs beachies? Holy shit! Has Pauline Hanson been made aware of this?

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:09 pm

fcuk eh I haven't seen a blow struck in anger in the water for yonks.

I should be interested in this but I don't seem to be able to give a shit.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I saw a fight Monday. French guy got smacked for being lippy (or for being French)

Surfrage is so yesterday Nick, why should you care? Didnt it go out of fashion with flouro boardshorts, surf punk and below par surfing?

Any comment on Slaters comments dissing the tour when he first started in 1992? A then vs. now piece perhaps with Kelly as the thread....

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:50 pm

ctd wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:49 am
Cranked wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:21 am

Not a chance. Otherwise everyone who commits road rage because they were 'cut off' or because some guy look at 'their girl' the wrong way would have an excuse. Just plead 'but those are the rules, according to me, and the guy I punched broke the rules'.

Probably up for a civil claim as well.

If the victim was a tourist and the perp a local, would be an interesting dynamic if the tourist ever surfed there again. For all I know the local was notoriously disliked and the tourist gets the head nod of 'thanks, I wanted to do that but couldnt step up'. Or the tourist just never catches a clean wave ever again.
Depends on the circumstances and whether it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt.

I haven't heard a dicky bird about this which makes me suspect it's just a beat-up with nothing in it.

And like Nick, I can't remember the last time I saw an incident in the surf.

But I'll bet sheepstations it was some backpacker making a nuisance of himself as the root cause.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm

I saw a little slap and tickle in palmy the other morning.

3 absolute cock smoking novices paddled out to a bank containing myself and 3 others. all competent surfers from around the wild streets of palm beach. we usually nod in acceptance of one another's company out in the waves, but rarely are words of any nature spoken.

the novices proceeded to paddle for every wave, mostly falling off the back of them, or getting pitched with the lip over the falls.

then one – riding a mini mal, no less – took off right in front of a local fella and predictably pindropped with the lip, but his board hit the other guy's board as came outta his duckdive.

the local guy told him to fuck off to any one of the (literal) 50 banks surrounding us, all of which were unattended. the novice reckoned he had as much right as anyone else to be out there.

Then another local, really calmly told them it's all well and good to be learning, but good manners would be to learn on a bank where guys aren't surfing, as to avoid collisions or injuries.

this thinly bearded novice wasn't having that, and started mouthing off to the guy as he looked over his back shoulder for support from his two novice mates ... who interestingly enough, had all decided to get the fuck outta there and hightail it into shore and start walking south.

calm local guy, calmly paddles over to him grabs him by the hair and dunks him under the water. Then requests his immediate company on the beach, if he doesn't paddle down to the next bank.

thinly bearded novice guy shit his brand new hurley wetsuit and and squealed like a pig as thrashed around in the water making a beeline for the beach.

we all proceeded to surf in abstract silence – but with noticeable grins, for another 45 minutes until the wind swung and softened the waves up.
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Davros wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:16 pm
I saw a fight Monday. French guy got smacked for being lippy (or for being French)

Surfrage is so yesterday Nick, why should you care? Didnt it go out of fashion with flouro boardshorts, surf punk and below par surfing?
I don't think surf rage was ever in fashion. I think it was mostly just clumsiness, as crowds really began to saturate surf zones first in the 1970s and then again in the late 90s and early 2000s. Bad surfers with entitlement issues would flare up and get in blues, mostly. Surf rage and localism are two really different things I think. Local surfing crews build order in a lineup, surf rage is a product of disorder.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:34 pm

for all the humanity which flood snapper to kirra on any swell over 3ft, I've never seen a blue, and only heard a handful of fark-off's
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm
Davros wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:16 pm

I don't think surf rage was ever in fashion. I think it was mostly just clumsiness, as crowds really began to saturate surf zones first in the 1970s and then again in the late 90s and early 2000s. Bad surfers with entitlement issues would flare up and get in blues, mostly. Surf rage and localism are two really different things I think. Local surfing crews build order in a lineup, surf rage is a product of disorder.
Hmmm unless the local is a total prick. But yes that makes sense.

channels
Duke Status

Post by channels » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:45 pm

I hope this resurects the North Narra: a locals perspective thread.

Some guy, JB or JD received a court order keeling him away from Narra for violence maybe 10 years ago.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 am

channels wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:45 pm
I hope this resurects the North Narra: a locals perspective thread.

Some guy, JB or JD received a court order keeling him away from Narra for violence maybe 10 years ago.
And that was the making of Realsurf. Was just a lonely sheep station prior.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:37 am

crabmeat thompson wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 pm
I saw a little slap and tickle in palmy the other morning.

3 absolute cock smoking novices paddled out to a bank containing myself and 3 others. all competent surfers from around the wild streets of palm beach. we usually nod in acceptance of one another's company out in the waves, but rarely are words of any nature spoken.

the novices proceeded to paddle for every wave, mostly falling off the back of them, or getting pitched with the lip over the falls.

then one – riding a mini mal, no less – took off right in front of a local fella and predictably pindropped with the lip, but his board hit the other guy's board as came outta his duckdive.

the local guy told him to fuck off to any one of the (literal) 50 banks surrounding us, all of which were unattended. the novice reckoned he had as much right as anyone else to be out there.

Then another local, really calmly told them it's all well and good to be learning, but good manners would be to learn on a bank where guys aren't surfing, as to avoid collisions or injuries.

this thinly bearded novice wasn't having that, and started mouthing off to the guy as he looked over his back shoulder for support from his two novice mates ... who interestingly enough, had all decided to get the fuck outta there and hightail it into shore and start walking south.

calm local guy, calmly paddles over to him grabs him by the hair and dunks him under the water. Then requests his immediate company on the beach, if he doesn't paddle down to the next bank.

thinly bearded novice guy shit his brand new hurley wetsuit and and squealed like a pig as thrashed around in the water making a beeline for the beach.

we all proceeded to surf in abstract silence – but with noticeable grins, for another 45 minutes until the wind swung and softened the waves up.
Occasionally, the world spins in the right direction.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Hatchnam
Duke Status

Post by Hatchnam » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:10 pm

$1500 for a hypto krytpo that's the same as the $1000 ones, only need to pay an extra $500 to have the privilege of a black board so the wax can melt off.

https://au.haydenshapes.com/products/in ... pto-krypto

Fk

Me

Dead

:-?
Sniff wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:39 am
Not enough for a full handbeak
steve shearer wrote:full dionysian hand jive body torque