Just general surfing stuff

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Re: Just general surfing stuff

Post by shaunmorrison » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Thank God your back Nick Carroll, these blokes have been seriously depressed since you went off to do other things, they felt totally abandoned.
I tried to fill the gap for you and take over your thread, but Trevs only pleasure in life these days is to poke a finger in my kidneys, so he locked the thread. i know I don't have the knowledge you have about surfing but with a bit of cut and paste from the archives of the thread these bozos would be none the wiser, but anyways thank you for lifting the positivity of the forum, I ve bean trying for a year now with limited success.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Lol x infinity

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

+1
Erase.

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 pm

Hey Mr Carrollllll
If you are back I have a question.
Do you think Kelly could do the unthinkable next year if he just went back to riding Merricks?
Erase.

buddy
Snowy McAllister

Post by buddy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Good effort shaun.

Didn't Al Merrick retire?

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Welcome back Nick, as you can see below the peanut gallery is as immature as ever.

channels wrote:Nick's back?

You'll be glad to know NC that Loofy hasn't stopped pining for your return. As soon as his member is chafed from the excitement of knowing your back, he'll pop by to say hello.

And happy new year good sir.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:shakas right back at ya skip! I hope you've had a splendid year or so.
Oh he has had a splendid year alright Nick, well splendid end to it anyway. How does the song go "once, twice ELEVEN, times a laaaddyyyyyy"
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 pm

The Mighty Sunbird wrote:Hey Mr Carrollllll
Do you think Kelly could do the unthinkable next year if he just went back to riding Merricks?
Ha ha ha ha as if. It's 2017, gang. Kelly owns Firewire and has sold his wave pool and the entire pro sport to a New York billionaire whom nobody knows. The billionaire has sunk over $100 million into it so far with no discernible return.The surfing industry is a broken shell of its former self, without the confidence of its community or of the sharemarket. In 2020 surfing will be an Olympic sport, played out in a beach break in Chiba, Japan. What of any of this makes any sense whatsoever? None of it, that's what. NONE OF IT. You are clinging to the shreds of some old outworn certainty Sunbird. KS will never win another world title. Al Merrick will never shape another surfboard. All that shit is entirely and completely done.

godsavetheking
Duke Status

Post by godsavetheking » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Drailed wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:shakas right back at ya skip! I hope you've had a splendid year or so.
Oh he has had a splendid year alright Nick, well splendid end to it anyway. How does the song go "once, twice ELEVEN, times a laaaddyyyyyy"
Have we confirmed whether it was eleven separate times or just the one time interrupted by several naps? ol' skipper's getting on a bit, you know

Nice to see you Nick.
Beanpole wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:06 pm
Why would I wear a mask?

The Mighty Sunbird
Huey's Right Hand

Post by The Mighty Sunbird » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:21 pm

Erase.

Cranked
Duke Status

Post by Cranked » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:
Ha ha ha ha as if. It's 2017, gang. Kelly owns Firewire and has sold his wave pool and the entire pro sport to a New York billionaire whom nobody knows. The billionaire has sunk over $100 million into it so far with no discernible return.The surfing industry is a broken shell of its former self, without the confidence of its community or of the sharemarket. In 2020 surfing will be an Olympic sport, played out in a beach break in Chiba, Japan. What of any of this makes any sense whatsoever? None of it, that's what. NONE OF IT. You are clinging to the shreds of some old outworn certainty Sunbird. KS will never win another world title. Al Merrick will never shape another surfboard. All that shit is entirely and completely done.
Well thats just fcukin' great thanks Nick. We live here quietly in our own blissful little fantasy land and right of the bat you let reality raise its ugly head.

Welcome back.
“I don’t necessarily agree with everything I say ”— Marshall McLuhan

marauding mullet
Duke Status

Post by marauding mullet » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:57 pm

Don't let Nick's dire predictions concern you too much Cranked, we can still go surfing. It's for the best.
petulance wrote: 01100100 01101001 01100111 01101001 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01101011
Lucky Al wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:07 pm
You're a spazz Mighty Sunbird.

offshore1
Duke Status

Post by offshore1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:15 am

Plus we're all rich now Nick.
Sunstroke guided us to the financial promised land. Even gave us the exact dates that the dollars would hit the fan.
Had plenty of evidence to back it up too.
I mean hours of YouTube.

You can't afford to stay away Carroll.

Not to mention all the Carolina Treet you'll be giving up.

Plus Iggy's 2017 tard of the year. It's going to be a fantastic annum.

And Schmntl will be all over the annum like a honey badger on a mongoose.
With emphasis on the mong.
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:09 am

Cranked wrote:
Nick Carroll wrote:
Well thats just fcukin' great thanks Nick. We live here quietly in our own blissful little fantasy land and right of the bat you let reality raise its ugly head.

Welcome back.
Yeah, keep your reality to yourself Nick. I prefer blissful ignorance and the Disneyland atmosphere of RS.

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:17 am

And the free surfer will inherit the earth and so it shall be.

Goddamit Dane Reynolds was right after all.

Anyway Nick maybe Manly will get back on the horse in 2017 and win the prem, actually I think I'll put my hard earned on Kelly instead. Kelly 17.
Last edited by Davros on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:20 am

So Kelly is going to take up skating and my old Al Merrick will become a collectors item.......if it doesn't disintegrate spontaneously?
I for one welcome our new Olympic Overlords.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

shaunmorrison
barnacle

Post by shaunmorrison » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:26 am

Calm down fella's or he may remember why he wandered off in the first place :-)

aaarating
regular

Post by aaarating » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 am

Nick Carroll wrote:
Most importantly this apocalyptic scenario would be a disaster for the WSL commentary team! I reckon Joe Turpell may have a future as a dentist or proctologist with his comforting reassuring monotone drawl but those other blokes would really struggle to get a gig.