Byron Bay - The Pass - The Video

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: Byron Bay - The Pass - The Video

Post by Beanpole » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:59 pm

rmb wrote:
Beanpole wrote: Then this black guy...not aboriginal, didn't really look Polynesian either started making a point of dropping in and/ or snaking every wave I went for. It was weird and he would smile when he did it. Pulled one move where he took off inside me and then banked right under my board. Much more extreme than a regular fade. Really weird and I got out pissed off.
Piss weak Trev would have slingshotted his board directly into the fcukers face with the intent on taking out an eye.
Yes. I actually wondered where it would go if I did press on. Didn't seem worth it with the family around on our way up to Coolangatta. He looked kind of like he could have been a chef or something. Kind of West Indian looking. He was smiling and laughing all the time. I was like "glad your happy fcukwit."

Yeah, I reckon Trev would have called him in to the beach and given him a backhander.
Trev would go.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

foamy
Snowy McAllister

Post by foamy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:20 am

Beanpole wrote: Then this black guy...not aboriginal, didn't really look Polynesian either started making a point of dropping in and/ or snaking every wave I went for. It was weird and he would smile when he did it. Pulled one move where he took off inside me and then banked right under my board. Much more extreme than a regular fade. Really weird and I got out pissed off.
He might have been flirting with you.

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Post by Beanpole » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Really odd. Like the surf was hardly breaking through on half of them. So he would crouch down and make paddling motions with his hand. Turn around and look at me and do it again. With a big grin on his face. Then if it took off again he would try and fade me.i mean he could surf okay but I could trim better than he could so I was hardly going to hop off every time he dropped in.
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Derek likes frightening the others in the water doesn't he - most people out there would probably initially think when they see him sitting that he's just a kook on an unguided missile.

Cooper's hairstyle is trendy again today, 50 years later.

Great video too.