snapper pro

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Beanpole
That's Not Believable

Re: snapper pro

Post by Beanpole » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Is that Carroll in the leopard skin jockets?
Put your big boy pants on
I mean, tastebuds? WGAF?

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:57 pm

One is the tortured soul who can't find anywhere to live after roaming the world for years seeking solace, but is considering moving to sunnydale; the other is trying to slay the undead WSL but missing his watcher, Carroll

image.jpg
image.jpg (18.08 KiB) Viewed 3754 times

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Some more reading in the wash up of of pro surfing if anyone's interested.

http://www.thefreeridevoice.com/2015/03 ... ney-talks/
Kunji wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:09 am
Would you mind throwing in a little more homoeroticism

black duck
Snowy McAllister

Post by black duck » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Braithy wrote:Some more reading in the wash up of of pro surfing if anyone's interested.

http://www.thefreeridevoice.com/2015/03 ... ney-talks/
Braithy, where did that figure of $10M to host a WCT come from?
Seems pretty high.
smnmntll wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
You foaming spangoloids need to chill before you all do wetties on the carpet

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 pm

like I said, there is no papertrail proof and asp/ wsl would never publicly acknowledge any costs or figures to do with an event.

it's a figure bandied around last year at snapper and bells. the webcast costs between 3-5 mil an event alone. that's set up, materials, power to run it, the labour to set it up, pull it down and maintain it through an event.

volcom in fiji said it was costing a mil a day to keep the comp running. food, accommodation all other expenses and that went the full 14 day waiting period.
Kunji wrote:

BA
Duke Status

Post by BA » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Hey Braithy, do you think Micro will actually need to watch himself in Rio? I'm thinking the WSL will need to also fork out for some heavily armed guards. Plenty of blokes with guns over there.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm not sure BA as to how real the threats are. It's easy for me to say I don't think anything would ever happen to micro ... outside from being around the site and competing, no brazilian wold ever recognise him and he'd always be with a group of other guys.

but it's enough to rattle him, and he was pretty rattled about his insty feed being bombarded with threats.
Kunji wrote:

len_san
Grommet

Post by len_san » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Hall and Oates, I think you two men should do a podcast together with subjects like surfing, spirituality, spanking monkey and soforth :B

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:02 am

With perhaps a bonus section; grooming native Australian animals for sexual escapades.

Or as I like to call them... Sexcapades
Kunji wrote:

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:25 am

Brazzos can fairly justify their excitement filled support for fellow countrymen as being passionate. Threatening an athlete for beating their fellow countrymen fairly using the priority rule that the same athlete has used unashamedly previously is pathetic.

Micro shouldn't have to feel threatened due to the result of a sporting event if such threats continued all Aussies should boycott the event due to fears for a fellow competitor's safety.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 am

if you look back at Brazil's football history. There's a long line of fan threat of violence and intimidation to other players and supporters. It seems to be a part of their makeup. whether that's their culture where they've had to scrap for everything they've ever wanted or needed, or it's just the lowest common denominator of a third world country at play, not sure.

then again ...

English football hooliganism, Italian & Spanish have a long history of racism ... all first world countries acting like bellends and thugs.

My thoughts, re Micro Hall -- it's nothing more than the anonymous keyboard warrior mentality which is enveloping the digital times we live in. hiss and piss from children behind a keyboard. me thinks if you're behind a keyboard in brazil, your quite well off and just about the last person you need to be scared of in Brasil.
Kunji wrote:

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:31 am

^^^
The English have long since stopped the practice of throwing banana skins at coloured players. That is soooo 80s. I don't think the same can be said about fans in the Spanish, Italian and Russian leagues.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:49 am

No, no, I agree ... i was talking about english football hooliganism and spanish & italian racism as two separate entities/ issues. While the english football violence is nothing like the 80's & 90's ... it still exists. And football racism is still rampant in spain and italy.

Even though there was the Chelsea incident after the euro quarter final in france just a few weeks back, not letting the black guy on their train carriage while they chanted, "we're racist, and thats the way we like it." That is a bit of an anomaly, tbf ...
Kunji wrote:

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:01 am

Braithy, why have you singled out europeans as the perpetrators of racism in football when it is rife in africa and the middle east?
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 am

I was told that there are still fights in the stands during Premier League matches. The TV cameras just don't show them. And yes, that incident on the Paris Metro involving Chelsea fans was disgraceful, to say the least.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Drailed
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Drailed » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

Premiership matches are very safe to attend, there is hardly any violence within grounds, ever.
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable

rmb
barnacle

Post by rmb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Aussie sport isn't immune from violent and racist behaviour. Look at the Australian open and Croatian and Serbian Australians and the displays of hooliganism in the name of patriotism or the old National Soccer League where occasionally their were patriotic tribal confrontations between rival clubs (Sth Melbourne Hellas and Melbourne Nights) then there's good old Aussie Rules which has a century long history of drunken violent behaviour in the stands fortunately with greater restrictions on free flowing booze this is less of an issue.

As for Micro Hall it only takes one over zealous patriotic moron to follow through on their threat I would feel uneasy about it if I were him.

Morgan The Moon
Local

Post by Morgan The Moon » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Nice writing Braithy,

I just read your peace on the live webcast for the ASP. Funnily enough, I forgot about the WSL event - got to see the Duct Tape Invitational streaming through Swellnet instead - with decent waist high waves, ridden on craft designed to excel in just those conditions.

Troy Mothershead's critical 10 was unreal. Sure, the DTI is not everyones cuppa tea, and while I gasped at traditional riding on display, it would have sent many to sleep. I also watched the Under 15's and was totally sold that DTI has had such a positive influence on the sport of longboarding, and it was in safe hands (away from that progressive joke that we focussed on for a while).

But generally I'd watch a WSL telecast - this time I even forgot it was on. I couldn't care less, which comes back to your EPL comments.

From what I can gather, it cost 50k for the Noosa webcast in comparison to the 5 mill for the WSL. With the number of viewers watching the WSL webcast was it worth it?

The internet has proven to be a disruptive factor in mass marketing - TV was manufactured for mass marketing. It's interesting that ZoSea are trying to force a sales model onto a format which is almost the antithesis of what they're trying to achieve. And yet, a small comp, hosted by Noosa Longboard club have taken real advantage of it and should see some real gains.

There's lessons out there every day. I just think Zosea are trying to put a square peg into a round hole.