A Moderator's Message

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: Shari, collnarra, Butts, beach_defender, Forum Moderators

channels
Harry the Hat

Re: A Moderator's Message

Post by channels » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:45 am

Trev - Tried hard, done good.

channels
Harry the Hat

Post by channels » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:51 am

Re the whole Marcus/Guard thing, from my hazy memory, guard was talking a lot of garbage. People including myself gave him a lot of flak, but I can't remember it to be any worse than the treatment Loofy or Fong (or anyone else) cops. Give crap and take crap.

It escalated when Guard didn't take it too well and issued threats to a number of people, myself included. Claims and counterclaims ended in deletions.

Ahhhh, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:05 am

Some timely Realsurf mottos:

live by the sword die by it.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

bush turkeys are capable of running the world post apocalypse.

Peanut butter is the best anal sex lubricant a man could use.

lets ride.
Drailed wrote:Sound like a load of cunts to me Trev.

daryl
Duke Status

Post by daryl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 am

I'm sorry but you're mistaken

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:35 am

daryl wrote:I'm sorry but you're mistaken
No. I'm not. You guys (not you particularly, Dazz), hazed the hell out of him. It was obvious he had issues and they were exploited.
It was blatant and anyone who "remembers" otherwise is just twisting the truth to suit their own ends.

Anyway, it's long over. But it's a cautionary tale for all of us.
I curse their head & all the hairs of their head; I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet & all their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without

crabmeat thompson
Huey's Right Hand

Post by crabmeat thompson » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 am

tardg just went

Drailed wrote:Sound like a load of cunts to me Trev.

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:45 am

Braithy wrote:tardg just went

You hacked my web cam. :(
I curse their head & all the hairs of their head; I curse their face, their brain, their mouth, their nose, their tongue, their teeth, their forehead, their shoulders, their breast, their heart, their stomach, their back, their womb, their arms, their legs, their hands, their feet & all their body, from the top of their head to the soles of their feet, before and behind, within and without

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 am

I got the feeling daryl was responding to Braithy

Trev, for what it's worth, all the best, but be wary of your newly-found freedoms. Unless you're not careful, you'll be posting harlequin baby photos within a month. I have to stop myself everyday
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:51 am

swvic wrote:I got the feeling daryl was responding to Braithy

Trev, for what it's worth, all the best, but be wary of your newly-found freedoms. Unless you're not careful, you'll be posting harlequin baby photos within a month. I have to stop myself everyday
If so, I apologise.

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:58 am

Trev wrote:difficulties of moderating a web forum is that some people tend to say things in a much more vicious way than they would if face to face. And without the benefit of body language and facial expressions, it's not hard to form a wrong impression from the printed words alone. So a part of the mod's job is to try to head these issues off at the pass – not an easy job at the best of times. You have to try to read posters' minds and guess at their intentions. Again, difficult for just one mod.
But we're meant to deduce from his moronic behaviour that the two of them had drug and mental health issues ? Their actions were no more bizzare than any other dickhead here except for the fact that one of them was a moderator and had power over the rest of the members because of this.

Yes it was a long time ago Trev so why did you drag it back to life ? Especially as you seem to be struggling to remember the facts clearly.
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

daryl
Duke Status

Post by daryl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:01 am

How easy to send the wrong message, silly medium.

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:06 am

daryl wrote:How easy to send the wrong message, silly medium.
Yeah. It's why I normally hit "quote" when I reply to someone in particular.
Been caught out too many times.

All cool.

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:08 am

andy2476 wrote:
Trev wrote:difficulties of moderating a web forum is that some people tend to say things in a much more vicious way than they would if face to face. And without the benefit of body language and facial expressions, it's not hard to form a wrong impression from the printed words alone. So a part of the mod's job is to try to head these issues off at the pass – not an easy job at the best of times. You have to try to read posters' minds and guess at their intentions. Again, difficult for just one mod.
But we're meant to deduce from his moronic behaviour that the two of them had drug and mental health issues ? Their actions were no more bizzare than any other dickhead here except for the fact that one of them was a moderator and had power over the rest of the members because of this.

Yes it was a long time ago Trev so why did you drag it back to life ? Especially as you seem to be struggling to remember the facts clearly.
If you can't see why at this point in time, then I rest my case.
Marcus made it clear well before he pulled the pin, why Guard was posting as he was.
Made no difference.

andy2476
Owl status

Post by andy2476 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:10 am

You need to state your case before you rest it.
Drailed wrote:
#goteamiggy

Trev
Duke Status

Post by Trev » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:15 am

andy2476 wrote:You need to state your case before you rest it.
I have.
You dispute it. That's your right.

offshore1
Snowy McAllister

Post by offshore1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:22 am

Can't argue with daz Braithy. He walks the walk.peanut butter and all.

Marcus was an easily wound up dickhead, a petty tyrant. A little man in a big job.
There. I said it. And I feel better.
ajohnsen wrote: My tertiary education has been a bit like a blind woman with sudden onset diarrhea in a bathroom accessories showroom.

Yuke Hunt
Owl status

Post by Yuke Hunt » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 am

andy2476 wrote: But we're meant to deduce from his moronic behaviour that the two of them had drug and mental health issues ? Their actions were no more bizzare than any other dickhead here except for the fact that one of them was a moderator and had power over the rest of the members because of this.

With all due respect Tard-G, Marcus overstepped the boundaries as a moderator. He had no trouble at all putting shit on other people, yet took great offence when it was dished out to him. He deleted posts and blocked posters, not for crimes against the forum rules, but to achieve his own ends. His behaviour warranted the backlash it created. Although Marcus had a massive cases of FIGJAM, he came across as rather insecure. In the end he had no other option but to fall on his sword.

You on the other hand have grown into the roll. In the beginning some of your actions seemed a bit heavy handed and driven by your own emotions and personal judgements (understandably). ... but as time went by you improved and became a reasonably reasoned reasoner, most of the time. Thanks for putting in the effort. I'm genuinely sorry to see you stepping aside from the role.

And stop picking on Andy ... the poor lads got problems too.
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on ... now all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel even half a line ... nor all thy tears wash out a single word of it.

Drailed
Duke Status

Post by Drailed » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:54 am

Was Marcus a bodyboarder??
Trev wrote:I have always had a lot of time for Dick
smnmntll wrote:Got one in the mouth once, that was pretty memorable