Delayed board repair question

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

grapsta
regular

Delayed board repair question

Post by grapsta » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Smashed my new board up pretty good today...second time I've ridden it. Rode up on the rocks and smashed 2 side finboxes out and both fins have pierced board - one fin right through board !

Seeing as how I'm saving up for a few things in Dec/Jan I'm considering leaving the repair till Feb .....is there any reason I shouldn't leave a damaged board that long ?...hopefully it got minimal water inside

offshore1
Duke Status

Re: Delayed board repair question

Post by offshore1 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:40 am

Bad luck grapsta. I would think it could only do it good to wait, as long as you keep it in a dry place. The drier the better for any kind of ding repair..

Paging ric vidal...
marauding mullet wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:03 pm
Jesus I’m surrounded by schnitzel tards.

Rustt
barnacle

Post by Rustt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 am

Wash it down with fresh water, get the salt out of the foam. Put it under your bed or in a cupboard away from direct light.

grapsta
regular

Post by grapsta » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 pm

It's in the garage so I'll leave it there out of the light. I'm hoping it didn't get much water inside as I was right at the shore and mis-judged where the rocks were...when it happened picked board straight up out of water...hopefully minimal water in the foam