North Korean surf

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

collnarra

North Korean surf

Post by collnarra » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm

the tools of the trade are the head and the heart - mission of burma

Animal_Chin
Local

Re: North Korean surf

Post by Animal_Chin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:24 am

Imagine the toxic filth flowing into the left hander:

steve shearer
BUTTONMEISTER

Post by steve shearer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:40 am

"North Korea is an unexplored surfing paradise. Really"

That's taking journalism to new unimagined heights, cruising the coast from Google Earth, proclaiming one spot "Trestles" and the whole joint a surfing paradise.

Christ, the BS flows thick and fast.

North Korea is effectively shadowed from Pacific groundswells by Japan, even a rare bird straight south typhoon has to get past the South Korean coastline in what is a tighter swell window than the fcuking english channel.

OK, so you might get a few surfable windswell days during the ameehan (although primarily North Korea is too far north with the fronts sweeping from Siberia from the land out to sea- ergo freezing cold W winds from the steppes, not swell bringing NE winds ala Phillipines). Effectively a poor mans Mediterranean with a charming dictatorial culture. Actually that 1984 snapshot and watching people eat dogs and seeing one of those military parades with all the foxy North Korean lasses goosetepping in uniform (every man has to admit in his heart of hearts that unalloyed totalitarianism is sexy as fcuk- it strikes the deepest, most atavistic caveman impulses in the human brain) would be the only reason to visit.
I want Nightclub Dwight dead in his grave I want the nice-nice up in blazes

Davros
Snowy McAllister

Post by Davros » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:10 am

"North Korea beautiful one day....."

still here
charger

Post by still here » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:22 pm

I like imagining surf in far off worlds you wouldnt expect waves .
Seen some waves in China ,- Qingdao and also flying into Dalian (small but rideable and definitely exotic ) .... so I can fully picture Notrh Korea getting it's fair share on the rare .