best surfing movie ever

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

best surfing movie ever

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:20 pm

well what? i havent seen many of the older movies and id appreciate any suggestions on which r good. but 4 i would say 3 degrees coz those 3 r just insane

spotty
Local

FREE RIDE

Post by spotty » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:16 pm

FREE RIDE, SALTWATER WINE, ENDLESS SUMMER,CURREN DOCO.

CHRIS

Post by CHRIS » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:41 pm

I like surfers of fortune possibly the most perfect waves i have ever seen Kelly Slater gets about a 5 sec barrell sitting down and makes it , he gets another wave takes off switch foot pulls in then changes stance in the barrel and makes it !! SICK

Longboarder
regular

Post by Longboarder » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:53 pm

Classical Gas is a good one, but can't go past the Occumentary i crack up listening to the comments at the end of the video, those old guys and then the gromments swearing their heads off.

roscoediboscoe
regular

Post by roscoediboscoe » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:07 pm

My Six Best

From the old days:
FREE RIDE
MORNING OF THE EARTH

From A Few Years Back:
SLATER IN BLACK AND WHITE
OCCUMENTARY

Recent:
BLUE CRUSH (I know, I know, don't bag me) :oops:
BLUE HORIZON

stuey

Post by stuey » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:33 pm

Green Iguana
Bunyip Dreaming
Sik Joy(awesome soundtrack-celibate rifles)
Hawaii 96 - still doin the same stuff now.
Uncle Robbie(cant remember exact name)-fgreat for a cack
The Hole
Spank the Monkey- to be released! heheh
No particular order

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:59 pm

is blue horizon out yet? or has any1 seen wanderjah (dunno how 2 spell it) - the 1 about margo? if so wat r they like?

chrisb
Owl status

Post by chrisb » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:04 pm

Endless Summer
Endless Summer 2
Crystal Voyager
Point Break (although I can't remember seeing any pine trees last time I visited Bells!)

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:16 pm

yes strangely enough when i was at bells on new years day i didnt happen 2 c any pine trees either....i saw some sand tho. and some waves. and come to thinkof it i saw people on the beach.....but no pine trees

Bunker Spreckels
Grommet

Post by Bunker Spreckels » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:34 pm

Brothers (ern babes) the ones with me in em'.
Name em' and ya'll get a roll in the Rolls.

Peace Out

_cant_touch_this
Supporter
Supporter

Post by _cant_touch_this » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:37 pm

ass-pirates VII ???

tiger
barnacle

Post by tiger » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:37 pm

For my generation (or at least my peer-group) "THE" movie was PUMP. Occy going nut's and an absolutely sick soundtrack featuring Concrete Blonde, TSOL etc. All the Billabong/Jack M'coy vids too, especially Green Iguana. Stu, you're onto it mate. The Uncle Robbie movie is great, I think its called Rolling Thunder, but I could be wrong. I first saw it at Waves nightclub in the 'Gong, with Celibate Rifles playing afterwards. I also had a spankin' good time with a gorgeous, young lass afterwards. Ahh what a night, the memories come flooding back. Interestingly I think the actor who played Uncle Robbie was Mr Pitt from Seinfeld.

Bunker Spreckels
Grommet

Post by Bunker Spreckels » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:47 pm

_cant_touch_this wrote:ass-pirates VII ???
Brother if it weren't for electricity, my gals would have wound my whopper down to a weener. Buzz on my lurvlies.

Peace Out

Nikko
regular

Best surf movie...

Post by Nikko » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:58 pm

Argh bugger you all !!!
The best ones are the ones I dream about with me surfing the ultimate waves on the ultimate day at ALL the ultimate locations...
Downside is when someone wakes up on the vinigar stroke and outside it's flat again!
I personally love it that the surf movies are back at the movies again. The huge screen with the awesome speaker set up. Gets me as close as possible to the real thing.
I saw some footage of Laird at Jaws at the IMAX in Darling Harbour when it first made the scene, that was too big, you had to turn your head to take in the whole screen, Your periferal vision just couldnt take it all in. Got a bit frustrating in the end cause I felt like I'd missed something on the other side of ther screen?
Latest favourite is the footage of the Cortez Bank in step into liquid, that is AWESOME. Still have flashbacks about that one!
For Gold Coasters interested the Blue Horizon movie will be screening at the Arts Centre in Bundell from the 12th - 15th Feb.
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".

american bastard

Post by american bastard » Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:09 am

always liked Free Ride, bought a copy this year from an australian website. couldnt find it in the US. pretty cool to see what shortboard surfing looked like before everyone jumped on 3 fin boards. also i was in high school when it came out, just the right age for getting star struck.

saw step into liquid at an indepedant film festival in july. it was shown at an outdoor amphitheatre. dana brown (filmaker) and some of the surfers were there in the audience. was a little surprised when mr brown announced it was being released in commercial theatres in august. apparently cortez bank saw a good size crowd not to long ago. this movie was probably the catalyst.

am not buying anymore surf vids until i buy a dvd player. dvds freeze my computer. probably get something filmed overseas away from here, just to get a look at some new faces.

hammer time

Post by hammer time » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:28 am

momentum