SHARK ATTACK!!!! (in Victoria)

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Grooter
Duke Status

SHARK ATTACK!!!! (in Victoria)

Post by Grooter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Save us! Save us!

Not that I'm an expert but I doubt it was a white. Considering the creature just punctured his suit, didn't even break the skin.

Good news anyway, this weekend is going to have some decent waves and this story will keep the crowds down :-D-:
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Re: SHARK ATTACK!!!! (in Victoria)

Post by alakaboo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:31 pm

fongss wrote:It's still out there too :-? :shock:
You think that is bad, just a bit north of you they are trying to put killer whales back into the water.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-03/s ... nd/4796904
They even have killer in their name, how much more warning do people need!

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Sperms apparently love giant squid from the serious depths. We might make do for a passable Hors d'oeuvre

And if one of them squid cnuts got you...... Beak the size of a 20 ft sulphur crested cokatoo. Be worse than being attacked by a Bass Strait Sea Lizard
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

speedneedle
charger

Post by speedneedle » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Now I ain't offering to challenge a shark to one-up this guy, but jeez - Diddums, my wetsuit!

So grooter, you play up the story and I'll get a radio-controlled shark-fin...we'll clear the line-up at our break of choice - make the most of the weekend swell.

JD

Grooter
Duke Status

Post by Grooter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Sounds like a great solution :-D-:

Forecast looks pretty good for your part of the world this weekend, I reckon you'll need it more than me!
some cnut wrote:There are only two real problems that we face in life, knowing what we want but being unable to know how to get it and/or not knowing what we want
It's possible to hate the filthy world and still love it with an abstract pitying love

carpetman

Post by carpetman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I was surfing down that way this weekend. Sitting in the water with about 5 others waiting for a set when one of those buggers (a bit over 2m long) swim right under me. No one else in the water noticed it and it took no notice of us either. It just cruised on past.

People must unknowingly encounter them all the time.

alakaboo
Huey's Right Hand

Post by alakaboo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey fong, did you hear they closed Reunion Island to surfing for a few months while they catch and kill 90 sharks.

el rancho
Duke Status

Post by el rancho » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am

alakaboo wrote:Hey fong, did you hear they closed Reunion Island to surfing for a few months while they catch and kill 90 sharks.
$50 fine and maybe losing a calf muscle for your trouble

totally worth it