Schoolies in Bali

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

Rude_Beef
regular

Schoolies in Bali

Post by Rude_Beef » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:51 pm

Me and a few mates are thinking of heading to bali for schollies 2005. Anyone been there around that time? Where did u stay?
Prices?

Tahn
Local

Re: Schoolies in Bali

Post by Tahn » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:51 pm

wanto wrote:
Rude_Beef wrote:Me and a few mates are thinking of heading to bali for schollies 2005
if your one of those nobs who think they can go to bali, make a mess of yerself in kuta schoolies style .. I HATE YOU .. i hope you drown in the poo brown water of kuta beach covered in your own vomit
Cool, why?

zzz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by zzz » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:47 pm

Nothing wrong with going to bali for schoolies if you want to - just remember that you're a visitor in their country - respect the people and their culture.
Hence - if you really are just looking for a chance to get pissed and muck up - pretty hard to do that and be respectful at the same time - might be better to do it in Australia where its part of the culture ... :wink:
"Stay happy and everything will be perfectly all right"... Jack Norris

Tahn
Local

Post by Tahn » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:53 pm

Ah right.. fair enough.. but that doesn't solve the crowded waves problem.

Daveo

Post by Daveo » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:21 pm

It seems that you guys all percieve schoolies as young hooligans doing the wrong (and possibly illegal) thing. Why does this have to be the case??

I would of thought that Bali was the perfect place for schoolies, there's gorgeous available chicks, cheap booze, waves, and it would cost about a third of going to the gold coast.... what more could you want!?!?!

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:00 am

Not every young bloke going to schoolies is going to be a tool.
However you have to show respect to the local people, if that can be done then schoolies over there will be a hoot

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:30 am

If schoolies to you is going to a great place, surfing great waves, enjoying the cultural exchange, meeting wonderful people, and having an excellent time, then Bali would be perfect.
But if Schoolies to you just getting trashed, obnoxious, and offensive. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't go to Bali. We have bridges to build.

Longy
Grommet

Post by Longy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:57 am

Bali is full of obnoxious pissed wankers as it is, they are called australians.
No prizes for guessing who are the biggest knobs in the surf are either, yep, thats right, australians.
Kuta bars are chockas full of pissed aussie's laying on the thick accent just to make sure that you understand that they are australian.
Stay on the goldy son, we're already doing ourselves no favours over there as it is, in or out of the water, without a bunch of spastic 18yr olds fuelled by arak and sunstroke making c*nts of themselves.

Spoon
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Spoon » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:45 pm

I reckon if I was 18 I'd be heading for the Goldy. Didn't have schoolies in my day but by the look of it it looks like the place to be a pissed 18 year old looking for a good time with out the fear of doing something too stupid and ending up in an Indo jail.
That chick has either been framed or has to be dumb as with that dope and the lid bag. Surely no-one is that stupid to try and get into Indonesia carrying a huge plastic bag full of dope.
Al this is gold. "She didn't realise I was fairly high and spent much of the evening trying to figure out why a purple and orange cow wanted me to climb a tree."

Longy
Grommet

Post by Longy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:50 pm

Yeah those blokes go close but it seems whenever there is a wave breaking in Bali theres always some young aussie pr*ck(s) ruining evryone elses surf. It's like they think they are still on the Nth Beaches.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:12 pm

take your boards, go to goldy, get shacked by young nymphs and burleigh. come home. save, head to indo for a bit of enlightenment and serious surfing. simple really. best of both worlds.

Clif
barnacle

Post by Clif » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:14 pm

will tell my young sisters you are coming. they always likes fresh groms. the goldie boys i grew up with are old fry. lol. but can you handle them ... well, can ya?

marcus_h
charger

Post by marcus_h » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:50 pm

No prizes for guessing who are the biggest knobs in the surf are either, yep, thats right, australians
I reckon those farkin Brazilians are the worst, they have absolutely no respect for anyone else, especially the locals!

Nikko
regular

Schoolies

Post by Nikko » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:14 pm

Agree with Cliff ere sony; Go the Goldy for your coupla days and be stupid there, your realativley safe.
Go to indo to surf hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Different places have different vibes dude.
Tip; Get into one of those highrise apartment complexes. Everyroom will be a party.
I know, trust me....
:roll:
"No matter what happens; it will always be alright".