Surf lessons

Can't find the right forum, then post your general surf-related remarks here!

Moderators: jimmy, collnarra, PeepeelaPew, Butts, beach_defender, Shari, Forum Moderators

anna

Surf lessons

Post by anna » Sat May 25, 2013 7:41 pm

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a girl or guy to give me some lessons. I did had a few with a surf school but cant afford them and I am a little nervous going out myself on the northern beaches with all this "pros" when I cant duckdive to give way or all this other little concerns newies have... :oops:

The thing is I just have time during the week because I work in hospitality.
If anyone is interested reply on this post and I will send you my emailadress for further duscussion...

I am looking forward for your post! :B

anna

Re: Surf lessons

Post by anna » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

thank you! I found her in the members list and send her an email! thank you, I really appreciate it!

anna

Post by anna » Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm

@ringmaster
well, you might just get out into town and you may find somebody to help you getting over your boredom and maybe somebody will give you a hand if you are sexually deprived... but just leave my inbox alone I am not interested in such stuff!

still here
charger

Post by still here » Sun May 26, 2013 8:16 am

Wow ... Hahaha 3-)

swvic
Snowy McAllister

Post by swvic » Mon May 27, 2013 11:36 am

Fcuk Ringy, what's a man to do? Packed your chute properly and it still failed to open
marcus wrote:and that vicco dude, whatsisname?

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue May 28, 2013 10:03 am

Welcome back Chamberness :D
Ringmaster wrote:Holy s.h.i.t :shock:

Cue sexually deprived,socially awkward, terminally bored, genetically challenged regulars on this forum to SMASH your PM box, Chamberness :!:
:shock: :roll: You can see Ringmaster really missed you. But he is angry with you, because you left the country with an Brazilian. He can't understand why you cheat him. Please understand him and give him a second chance. He is nice guy and with a true soul. Peace and love, Chamberness and Ringmaster.. 8)

No worries, you don't have to understand this. :lol: Welcome Anna and thanks for your email. Your surname sounds german. You're from Germany? :lol: Anyway, you're really interesting about surfing or little bit just for fun? Sorry, but i'm the next time still in Coffs and then just a short time in Sydney, before i travel to Tahiti. But I could surf one or two times with you, I send you than an email.
Or other guys sended you a pm to help you and you don't need me to surf?
If you are too scared, you can meet this group as well. I met this guys and girls one time to surf and we had a breakfast, but it was to boring for me. But don't say this to this guys :oops: . But for you it's maybe a good thing...
Just google: Meet up Sydney, Group: The Sydney Surf Group

Good luck and take care

Claudia

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Tue May 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Did Nick end up giving a free surfing lesson to SurfieC?
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Nah, ran out of time

The Sydney Surf Group, though? Oh christ this will be epic. gonna go and google it now.

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

jeez I live a sheltered life

check it out!

http://www.sydneysurfdiary.com/

Karlos
Snowy McAllister

Post by Karlos » Tue May 28, 2013 2:27 pm

And it all happens in Manly.

No surprise there.

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue May 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:jeez I live a sheltered life

check it out!

Yeah, a girl from China recommended me this group. :D One of the guys is Nick and he was wearing a silly hat. :shock: :lol: But i told him, i come to this meet up and he had my phone number. So i had to say Hello, when I saw this guy in the line up. When I was with those people surfing, I tried to paddling a little bit away from this group. Nick asked me then for breakfast together with this group. Friendly I said okay. Boring conversation and ate my breakfast quickly and said to the group: Sorry, I have to go, I' m very busy today. They never saw me again... :mrgreen:
But for a Beginner, when you're scared, is this maybe the right group..

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Oh, I should buy a Sydney Surf Group Shirt! :D Somebody is interested too. I could give Nick a call and ask for Discount, when we order many Shirts...

SurfieC
Local

Post by SurfieC » Tue May 28, 2013 6:35 pm

I just had a look what happend in this group. :lol: They're still send me emails. Kelly is a member as well. I hope, he knows about that.. :shock:

petulance
Huey's Right Hand

Post by petulance » Tue May 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Nick Carroll wrote:jeez I live a sheltered life

check it out!

Snippet from Surf Session 109 ...

http://www.sydneysurfdiary.com/2005/07/ ... r-109.html

I started going for bigger waves and of course came into conflict with another surfer.

He paddled when I paddled. He got it before I did on my right. He headed left, I was just getting picked up. He shouted, "my wave!", but I couldn’t get off. We crashed. He wore an angry look and I shrugged. He still looked angry, so I said "sorry" and his face relaxed a bit. He told me to look around before I commit. I wanted to tell him to go f**k himself, but instead said that I was just learning.
smnmntll wrote: She's also moderately hot, with a bit of that petulance-approved titless starved whippet look about her but still pretty decent.

ctd
barnacle

Post by ctd » Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 pm

[quote="Nick Carroll"]jeez I live a sheltered life

check it out!

http://www.sydneysurfdiary.com/[/quote]

I'm guessing this thread proves your statement (to me) in the "ásk nick' thread:

[i]But maybe the "people who enjoy surfing", happy, well-off, intelligent adults that they may be, ARE a bit further away -- a comfortable distance perhaps -- from the visceral in surfing.... When you're in that [visceral] frame, dead set, you are right at the source of surf culture, right IN it, and you really couldn't give a fcuk about the casual surfer or anyone else either, except maybe the guys in it with you.[/i]

I will say, as a later learner, that its almost impossible to find someone to surf with - people my age have either surfed for 30 years or don't surf. Especially when you aren't based in a big city.

I presume Anna has been scared away, but I would have thought the best advice was 'just don't go and paddle out into the middle of all the other surfers, find a quiet corner or small bank and practice - away from everyone and so you don't have to worry about the 'pros' or whatever''

Nick Carroll
Huey's Right Hand

Post by Nick Carroll » Wed May 29, 2013 11:35 am

That's a tricky one ctd

I reckon longer term surfers just take their surfing mates for granted – well maybe not for granted but their presence in the water just seems a natural part of life.

But as much as everyone goes on about wanting to surf with nobody else in the water, for most of us -- startups or 30 year veterans -- it'd be a bit of a drag and even a bit weird just to be surfing alone all the time. Especially in a crowd.

You didn't start surfing with anyone else? Just went for it? Or did they drop out or something?

PeepeelaPew
Huey's Right Hand

Post by PeepeelaPew » Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 am

Last edited by PeepeelaPew on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.